Votes: 106 82.8%
  • No, I don't accept Mutt is Indy's son-- I Ignore the character

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Indyologist

Given your feelings about KS, do you accept Mutt as Indy's son, or do you ignore the character and pretend he doesn't exsist?

How do we know he's not Belloq's son? Marion could be trying to con back child support payments out of him. I'd demand a blood test.

Flannery10

I'm afraid it's not for us, to accept him as Indy's son. The movie established him as Indy's son!! But I really liked him, so I wouldn't see a reason not to accept him. Shia did a really great job.

Jones_Happens

Flannery10 said:
I'm afraid it's not for us, to accept him as Indy's son. The movie established him as Indy's son!! But I really liked him, so I wouldn't see a reason not to accept him. Shia did a really great job.
Took the words from my mouth. It's not really our choice, but for what it is worth (not much) I liked the character.

MolaRam2

Agent Spalko said:
How do we know he's not Belloq's son? Marion could be trying to con back child support payments out of him. I'd demand a blood test.

That would be a good way to write Mutt out of Indy 5. However, I would perfer that Marion didn't actually know. Perhaps Indy 4-6 will be Mutt's slow descent to the dark side.

IAdventurer01

Especially considering Indy didn't actually raise the kid, I'm perfectly happy with his character and personality. He's a fine addition to the franchise and is an acceptable addition to Indy's family - so long as he doesn't try to steal Indy's thunder. :whip:

Filmphoenix

Flannery10 said:
I agree. Can see any reason not to accept him as Indy's son. But they need to give him a phobia. Henry Jones Sr. has a phobia of rats, Indy has a phobia of snakes Mutt needs to have a phobia too.

Michael24

I liked Mutt and thought Shia did a good job. I was slightly worried I wouldn't like him after seeing him in Transformers, but he redeemed himself. (y)

TheMutt92

I whole heartedly accept Mutt as the love child of Indy and Marion. I mean, he had the best qualities of both those characters, plus some great new ones of his own!

I can "accept" him... but that doesn't mean that I "like" him.
Let me explain better... I liked Mutt as a character. He is cool, he is funny, he does have the personality. But the fact is that... if he actually wasn't Indy's son, it would have been 100 times better!!!

Think that I'm not open minded... think whatever you want to think... I can only say there's a really complex concept behind what I'm claiming. It's something I've already talked about in the past and, in any case, it's only a matter of personal tastes. So, I won't bother you with it. 't was nothing important...

Agent Z

Kingsley said:
I accept him...
but I'm still amazed how quick and natural Indy and Mutt accepted their new relationship!

You know, if I spent a few days with a man who took me across the world, into cool secret tombs, saved my life from graveyard ninjas, let me help him fight off Commies while finding my long lost friend and my kidnapped mother.....all on the way to ultimately discovering a secret temple with aliens and a flying saucer..

Well, let's just say that finding out he was my birth father would just seem like a footnote at the end of the day.