Cate Blanchett: Sophia Hapgood?

Johan

I don't think so. NOt enough people know who she is o bring her into a movie introducing Indy to a new generation.

Skipper

Johan said:
I don't think so. NOt enough people know who she is o bring her into a movie introducing Indy to a new generation.
So they should just bring in a completely new character instead? I don't follow your reasoning.

Matinee Idyll

Yes, I want a new character. Sophia's already had two videogames, time to step aside.

Seems if they do use Sophia, it'll show a bit of imagination lacking...

I sure hope George isn't trying to link every ****ing thing and person in the new film to either the trilogy, or the video games...

Look how annoying it was with the droids (one of many examples) being in the SW prequels... it was completely unnecessary, and pointless... screwed with the internal logic of the series.

"I don't remember ever owning a droid..." - Obi Wan

I want a NEW adventure - remember the original Indy series weren't continually cross-referencing each other... Why the hell are George and Stephen so self-referential nowadays? I don't want Abner, I don't want any of the other Indy girls - I want NEW NEW NEW things, people, locales and adventures. Not an Indy class reunion.

[ end *****ing ]

Last edited:

Johan

Skipper said:
So they should just bring in a completely new character instead? I don't follow your reasoning.

It would take to much to introduce her history with Indiana Jones. They will introduce a new charachter.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm bitterly disappointed that Cate Blancett is the new leading lady. This film just DOESN'T work for me, no matter how cute Shia is. I liked the Garden of Eden, Marion and Indy's daughter idea much better, which by rumour is what Darabon't script was. I would much rather have seen a Indy film like that. Anyway, this is one less fan who's going to see Indy IV unless they suddenly don't hire Blancett. But, that's clutching on to straws. Unless she dies and he goes back to Marion... that would be ideal... or she's a KGB spy and tries to kill him. And Marion kills her. Sorry, daydreaming again.

Dr.Sartorius

Uhmmm...we don't even have slightest idea what the plot is about or what these actors' roles will be. Take it easy. ;)

Adamwankenobi

Skipper said:

That's what I'm saying. Even if she appeared in a small cameo role, I think it would be a cool wink to the fans (kind of like how Lucas included the comic book characters Aayla Secura and Quinlan Vos (although he is referenced only) in Revenge of the Sith).

Why create an entirely new character when you already have one developed? She hasn't appeared in the films before, so no one is going to be confused anymore than they would be with any other new character. Were fans confused when Willie Scott appeared in TOD? No, because she was simply accepted as an "Indy girl", and the film explained her backstory as a dancer pretty quickly.

But how cool would it be to have the Sophia Hapgood character in there? She'd be the closest thing to Marion Ravenwood (the best Indy girl, BTW :D).

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Violet Indy said:
I'm bitterly disappointed that Cate Blancett is the new leading lady. This film just DOESN'T work for me, no matter how cute Shia is. I liked the Garden of Eden, Marion and Indy's daughter idea much better, which by rumour is what Darabon't script was.

1. Cate Blanchett isn't in yet
  2. Even if she was nobody would know her role
  3. Nobody knows what Darabont's script was about
  4. The script might have sucked real hard