TR.N Staff Member
Starting a scrapebook...

Image5-1.jpg

Image8-1.jpg

Image9-2.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
str0.jpg

I've got a killer post associated with this clipping and hope it might inspire other members to add to the scrapbook.:D :D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
raven20.jpg

LUST CRUSADE OF INDIANA JONES

HE'S THE cliffhanging crusader who can stare danger in the eye until danger blinks. Whatever happens, Indiana Jones hangs on to his hat. Harrison Ford has patented the role, but no actress has survived the adventure trilogy.

Indiana's Jones has changed from film to film. Dark-Haired Marion, played by Karen Allen, was hard-drinking and Hard-hutting . She was as much a threat to the Nazis as Indiana himself in Raiders of tho Lost Ark. Then in Temple of Doom along come Willie, the blonde Shanghai nightclub singer played by Kate Capshaw as a squeamish marshmallow of a character with no taste for chilled monkey brains.

Dublin-born Alison Doody, 24, is the third ? and if you can believe anything in Hollywood ? the last of Indy's love interests.

Just a few hours after arriving on the sat of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, Alison found herself swimming in a sewer filled with 6,000 Steven Spielberg-created rats.

But she took it all in her stide for she seems to have been able to shoot up the Hollywood ladder of success without a care ? and still can't believe she's one of the stars of this year's hottest new movie.

Alison whose cool, blonde looks aren't typical of on Irish colleen,burst on to the scene after as apart of Grace Jones gun-toting assistant in the Bond film A View To A Kill. Then came a starring role opposite Mickey Rourke as an IRA killer In A Prayer For the Dying, and finally the Indy role with Ford and Sean Connery. Alison is still blase about her career, perhaps because she never really wanted to be an actress, or a model.

Six years ago when a photographer approached her in a Dublin coffee bar, she told him: "I'm not interested. I'm going to art college." She changed her
mind after her mother encouraged her to give ir a try." It was all a joke, really. Just a game," says Alison.

Two years and several commericals later, the same photographer recommended Alison to a London talent agency and soon afterwords she was
offered the part of Jenny Flex in the Bond film.She laughs to think she got the first big break as a Bond bit-part girl courtesy of a company which makes mayonnaise.

That's how producers of A View to a Kill spotted her. "I was invited to go for a part simply because they wanted an Irish girl," recalls the former convent school pupil. "I was thinking -if it's Bond they'll want me in a bikini and there's
no way I'm agreeing to that!'" As it happened, all she had to bare was her knees.

After filming a Bond sequence In London's West End, Alison enjoyed the heady
excitement of a night out in the capital so much she decided to stay.

With what she now describes as a touch of Irish madness, she rented a tiny room in a redlight district of King's Cross and started to search for more work.
Her parents ? father Patrick is a property investor and mother Joan is a bueatian ? would have been horrified.

Alison, whose vowels now sound more Home Counties than Dublin, has since moved to the more salubrious district of Chelsea. Like all good convent girls,
Alison isn't into gratuitous nudity. She has turned down dozens of scripts inviting her to play naked love scenes, and fought shy of being to tagged a sex symbol.

However, she gets to bed both Harrison Ford and Sean Connery in the new Indiana Jones epic. Last Crusade producer Robert Watts was full of praise for
Alison's portrayal of scheming art historian Dr Elsa Schnelder.

"I like the look and feel she brings to tho role," he said. "And she bore up remarkably well to the rat scene. Elsa's character very self-assured and strong willed ?just like Indy. She takes no nonsemse, She's quite a tough lady. Alison was perfect for the part."

Alison had a great time flirting with Harrison Ford on the set. "Harrison was great. He used to make kissing sounds and say "I'm ready". And Sean would
walk around the set singing "Alison Doo-dy, Doo-dy,
Doo-dy". They wore a lot of fun."

"I loved the part. It was another baddie role and I was delighted. I admire the way the character manipulates. She uses Indy and she uses his
father." Away from the big screen Alison prefers visiting art golleries and painting in oils to nightclubbing. Her regular boyfriend
is National Theatre actor Mark Crowdy, 20.

She met him earlier on a trip to Egypt to film an advertisement for a bonk. On the plane they discovered they'd both been hired for the same job, "It's great having a boyfriend who's in the same business," says Alison. "He knows the
problems and the inacuracies and we both know my career could come to nothing.''

Because of that, Alison doesn't take her career too seriously. "This business makes me laugh," she said. "Everyone thinks it's so brilliant. It's demanding and you have to be patient and it can let you down, "

If I keep it as a Job I 'm going to focus on the work, not the lifestyle. Right now it's treat to have all the attention, People want to see you, but how long
can that last? Acting isn't everything after all. You've got to live and enjoy yourself".

That's what she's actually dolng at the moment as she decides what to do next.

CHARLES WHIPS IN WITH BEAUTY

Prince Charles took a stepback to his daredevil youth when he attended the premiere of Indiana's latest adventure last night .

And he was given the w h i p hand at the glittering occasion in the Empire . Leicester Square ? literally. After the showing of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade he met the film's beautiful blonde star Alison Doody and producer
George Lucas.

And Miss Doody present him him with Indy's best friend ? the whip that always gets him out of trouble. Like Indiana, the Prince had the benefit of a
beauty at his side in theshape of Queen Noor, the American - born wife of
King ; Hussein of Jordan.

The premiere, in support of the Prince's Trust and the Ghurka Regimental Museum also attracted boxer Frank Bruno, chat show host Terry Wogan. Comedians Hale and Pace, Alexis Sale and real life heroes from the Ghurka Brigade, The beautiful brunette Sharon Maugham, queen of the coffee adverts, was also there.

The third adventure in the Indiana Jones series featuring the Intrepid archaealoglist (Harrison Ford) in 1938, rescuing his father Sean Connery from a lot of nasty Nazis.

The pair seek out the Holy Grail to gether, having lots of adventures on the way with the likes Miss Doody and a rescally Julian Glover.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Charles given a screen used whip and now this...the UK Royals should join the Raven.

123d.jpg

THRILLS: A scene from the Indiana Jones show
It's a royal riot as William and Harry join the Disney show

From ROBERT JOBSON in Orlando, Florida
PRINCES

William and Harry went wild with delight as they were let loose on the set of an Indiana Jones spectacular yesterday.

With Princess Diana and two young friends they had front row seats at the Disney World show, in which they saw exploding lorries, fist fights and machine-gun fire. And afterwards the boys, on the second day of their Florida dream holiday, were shown around the set by stuntman Larry Lee, who played Indiana in a re-creation of the Harrison Ford film adventures.

They scrambled over army vehicles and an aeroplane, and were shown how the stunts were staged.

Cheers

Larry said: "Diana just stepped back arid let them go wild. They were just like any other kids. "Prince William told me I was the best character he'd seen, and I thanked him. They all said they really enoyed the show and William it was best yet.

"Prince Harry was fascinated by the guns and wanted to know how they worked. He asked me about my gun, but I said I had to turn it in after the show to avoid accidents. I gave him an Indiana Jones hat and he was really pleased with it"

During the show Diana, wearing a 'white T-shirt, shorts and sunglasses, clapped with delight when actress Mary Beth Hoyt punched and kicked the
villains, and she giggled as muscular actor Tom Akos beat up Indiana Jones in a stunt fight. After meeting the Princess later, Mary Beth said: "She told me she didn't know how we worked in this humidity.

"She was really worried about us. She said she was really enjoying her holiday despite the heat."

A thousand-strong crowd cheered, clapped and whooped with glee as Princess Diana and her sons walked on to the stage after the show at Disney-MGM Studios, which celebrates Hollywood's great films. Publicity about their visit had Disney officials planning ways to shield the Princess and her sons from photographers and gawkers.

One idea, said a local radio station, was to disguise the princes by dressing them as Chip and Dale, two of the cartoon characters who stroll through Disney theme parks. It was dropped because of the sweltering Florida heat.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Sakis said:
What happened to day 2?:D

It was an attempt to encourage more members, especially the lurkers, to be more active in the community.

Nobody seemed to be that interested which is a shame because this forum is about shared knowledge.

Still, I guess it may have had the effect of the 'have to have it all' collectors rushing to eBay to own a copy and squirreling it away for nobody to see again.:)

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
It was an attempt to encourage more members, especially the lurkers, to be more active in the community.

Nobody seemed to be that interested which is a shame because this forum is about shared knowledge.
I am interested, JuggernautJones, and it just so happens that I have some old newspaper clippings to contribute. My plan was to post them in your "Indiana Jones Stuff - Digital Versions" thread but now that you've revived this one (and are a Staff Member), TELL ME where to post them!:whip:

Darwin Jones

JuniorJones said:
Daily Express (UK) June 28th 1989
Great!!!! Thanks you very much!!!
The Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Premiere was the same day of this publication (June 28 th). Photos and comments should correspond to a special screening on June 26th!!!!
I founf some pictures of Alison Doody, Alexei Sayle,...here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/indycast/4203141178/in/photostream
and I think also corresponds to June 26th. What do you think?