"Ahhhh, yeah. The late ?40s."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Judging by Kathleen Kennedy's defensive response, it seems she gave away a detail she didn't know we didn't know. Or is she just sketchy on the setting? If Indy 4 really takes place in the 1940's, it changes more than a little. Ford will have to play a fortysomething. His YIJC cameo was set in 1950! Things speculated upon like dead sea scrolls and russkies may not come into play. Is this date change official?
---------
Q: So it?ll take place in the ?50s then?
A: "Ahhhh, yeah. The late ?40s."
Q: And who are the bad guys going to be?
A: "I?m not going to tell you the story!" she laughs. "What do you think, I?m nuts?! You?ll be here next year and ask me if I?m working on the Indy movie. 'No, I got fired!'"

Grimdiana Bones

Moedred said:
Judging by Kathleen Kennedy's defensive response, it seems she gave away a detail she didn't know we didn't know. Or is she just sketchy on the setting? If Indy 4 really takes place in the 1940's, it changes more than a little. Ford will have to play a fortysomething. His YIJC cameo was set in 1950! Things speculated upon like dead sea scrolls and russkies may not come into play. Is this date change official?
---------
Q: So it?ll take place in the ?50s then?
A: "Ahhhh, yeah. The late ?40s."
Q: And who are the bad guys going to be?
A: "I?m not going to tell you the story!" she laughs. "What do you think, I?m nuts?! You?ll be here next year and ask me if I?m working on the Indy movie. 'No, I got fired!'"

I'm all for an older indy. He can't stay young forever, and I'd be interested to see what happens as he 'gracefully' ages. :)