Has Paramount released the movie on Youtube for free?

russds

It seems so. I just watched the first 20 minutes of it. Worked fine. Pretty interesting. Apparently Paramount is offering a handful of movies online. Not sure how long they will last, or if it's some kind of a mistake. It says it was uploaded Jan. 2014. Who knows. Pretty interesting though.

Montana Smith

It's just to prepare the way for Indy 5 as a 'straight to YouTube' release.

You know, like in the old days when crappy movies went 'straight to video'. :p

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
You know, like in the old days when crappy movies went 'straight to video'. :p

It's the Disney way:

Film

The Return of Jafar
May 20, 1994

Aladdin and the King of Thieves
August 13, 1996

Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin
August 5, 1997

Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
November 11, 1997

Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Magical World
February 17, 1998

Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World
August 4, 1998

The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
October 27, 1998

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
December 7, 1999

An Extremely Goofy Movie
February 29, 2000

The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
September 19, 2000

Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure
February 27, 2001

Cinderella II: Dreams Come True
February 26, 2002

The Hunchback of Notre Dame II
March 19, 2002

Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year
November 12, 2002

101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure
January 21, 2003

Atlantis: Milo's Return
May 20, 2003

The Lion King 1½
February 10, 2004

Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo
March 9, 2004

Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
August 17, 2004

Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas
November 9, 2004

Mulan II
February 1, 2005

Tarzan II
June 14, 2005

Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
August 30, 2005

Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie
September 13, 2005

Kronk's New Groove
December 13, 2005

Bambi II
February 7, 2006

Brother Bear 2
August 29, 2006

The Fox and the Hound 2
December 12, 2006

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
February 6, 2007

Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams
September 4, 2007

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning
August 26, 2008

Tinker Bell
October 28, 2008

Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
October 27, 2009

Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue
September 21, 2010

Pixie Hollow Games
November 19, 2011

Secret of the Wings
October 23, 2012

The Pirate Fairy
April 1, 2014

Legend of the NeverBeast
Spring 2015

Raiders90

Montana Smith said:
Movies parents will buy to stick in the machine to keep their children quiet for an hour or so.

What an ignoble end for the man in the hat!

Dismantle Disney and sell it's assets! Kill the Mouse!

Heil Nolan!!!

HenryJunior

From what I recall Paramount maintains the distribution rights to the first four movies, this is all on Paramount, not Disney.

Finn

Staff member
HenryJunior said:
From what I recall Paramount maintains the distribution rights to the first four movies, this is all on Paramount, not Disney.
In other words, putting this one up there is the Mountain flipping a bird to the Mouse.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Many free movies youtube are there unbeknownst to the rights holders. There's a whole subculture that tries to get some 'em up...to fight against the man.

But seeing how 'paramountmoviesdigital' has the pay option for most of the flicks on that site, it's hard not to agree with Finn on this one.

Udvarnoky

Yeah I mean, it's clearly been uploaded by Paramount. If this was a bootleg I wouldn't have bothered any of you with the observation.

Stoo

russds said:
It seems so. I just watched the first 20 minutes of it. Worked fine. Pretty interesting. Apparently Paramount is offering a handful of movies online. Not sure how long they will last, or if it's some kind of a mistake. It says it was uploaded Jan. 2014. Who knows. Pretty interesting though.
Even more interesting is that the other 3 Indy movies were uploaded on the same day (5 Jan. 2014). They must have been pulled quite quickly because they now show as "currently unavailable" with only 27-36 views whereas, at this moment, "Skull" is still there with 12,457.

Very strange. :confused:
Udvarnoky said:
For me, that's coming up as "not available in your country" so I can't comment but did notice that it's from a different YouTube account (paramount movies).
Indy's brother said:
That was uploaded in October, I can only imagine that something must have changed since then?

(I know you know this)
Delving into this weirdness, Paramount actually has (at least) 2 different YouTube accounts:

paramountmovies which has been active since 11 April 2012.

ParamountmoviesDigital which has been active since 3 Dec. 2013 (three days before the "Variety" report about distribution rights).

Of further interest: A slightly altered version of the theatrical trailer for "Doom" was uploaded:
30 Oct. 2013 on paramountmovies
03 Dec. 2013 on ParamountmoviesDigital (three days before the "Variety" report about the settlement)
WilliamBoyd8 said:
An unusual way for Paramount to sell DVDs.
Highly unsusal! :confused:

---
Mods: Since this topic involves more than just "Skull", maybe move it to another table of the forum?

Udvarnoky

The best part is that now anybody who wants to experience the Rifftrax version only has to invest the cost of the Rifftrax.

Forbidden Eye

It comes full circle! Indy 4 use to be just a bunch a speculation on the internet, now you can see it for free on the internet! Times change rapidly.

Seriously, I can't watch the video on my iPad, so it only works for computers and not handheld devices like iPhones and iPads, so it's not like you can watch the movie "anywhere", at least not yet. Since the original trilogy has apparently been pulled but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is still there I guess says a lot about the reaction of the movie.

Ok, to prove I don't hate Indy 4(for the record I still like it), at least all the YouTube comments so far have been positive! :p

Stoo

Forbidden Eye said:
Since the original trilogy has apparently been pulled but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is still there I guess says a lot about the reaction of the movie.
Who knows but I'm guessing the other 3 were pulled due to some legal reasons?:confused:

Interestingly enough, it now says:

Content Warning
This video may be inappropriate for some users
Sign in to confirm your age

So you need a YouTube or Google account to watch it AND you need to be (presumably) over the age of 13.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
Interestingly enough, it now says:

Content Warning
This video may be inappropriate for some users
Sign in to confirm your age

So you need a YouTube or Google account to watch it AND you need to be (presumably) over the age of 13.

Not in my part of town...