Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Irfaan

YAHOO!!! The raven forums are back up!

On topic: Anticipating the release of this game, but not that much to be honest :(

Definitely had enough of LEGO Indy 2 after 1 (I do like the game, but it ain't prominent, and it doesn't deserve a sequel in my opinion).

Despite the reviews about I'll look forward to this, and hope that Amaze did a good job for the PSP version.

And just so you know I will upload the first Indy level Day 1.

I just hope there will be more of Indy coming soon, in and out of the game department.

Well, I must say I missed you all dearly! :)

The Tingler

(sniff) We missed you too.

I'll be reviewing both the Wii version and the PSP version for IndyJones.net, so watch out for the Actual Indy Fan's review for then. However, I can't promise it'll be for the release date - mostly because the US gets it a few days before the UK!!

CasualJeff

That review isn't so bad. As long as this game isn't a total disaster, I will buy it. It looks fun, and I think the developers have a been true to the style of the movies. If "too linear" is the biggest complaint again this game, then I will be a happy customer.

And Fate of Atlantis is unlockable? Really? That's awesome! I hate to admit this, but I actually never finished that game. (If I recall correctly, there was some kind of glitch on my copy and it never got past a certain point once I found atlantis.)

The Tingler

Yeah, I totally agree. At least Emperor's Tomb and even Lego Indy had secrets to uncover for replay value.

We'll see. Wait for some better reviews first, I think.

Still...nobody has scans yet?? I'll probably run to Barnes and Noble today or tomorrow and make a few scans for everybody.

-IndyFan4Ever:whip:

After the MTV Movie Awards (which is tonight) there is supposed to be an exclusive footage of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings.

-IndyFan4Ever:whip:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indyfan4ever said:
After the MTV Movie Awards (which is tonight) there is supposed to be an exclusive footage of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings.

And by exclusive, they mean the non-gameplay footage trailer we saw quite some time ago.

Nice to see it getting some exposure, though.

The Tingler

Indyfan4ever said:
Still...nobody has scans yet?? I'll probably run to Barnes and Noble today or tomorrow and make a few scans for everybody.

Thanks!

For the second bit, at this point though I couldn't care less about new footage. It's only coming out next week! I still suspect no one else outside of this forum really cares though, least of all magazines and LucasArts...

Irfaan

ALL NEW MOKEY ISLAND AND MOKEY ISLAND REMAKE!!! YES!!!11 I'm CRYING!!!!!!!!!! BEST NEWS EVER! SOD THAT FLIPPING INDY STAFF OF KINGS GAME, THIS MAKES UP FOR IT, LUCASARTS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!1111 SOOOOOOooooo HAPPY! High Definition!!!!!!!!!!!11 COMING THIS SUMMER! Thank YOU E3!!!!

monkeyisland.jpg

READ ARTICLE HERE!!! http://kotaku.com/5273950/new-and-old-monkey-island-adventures-in-the-works

lao che & sons

I think the 6 hubs wille be:

1-Raiders of the lost ark
2-temple of doom
3-last crusade
4-kingdom of the cystal skull
5-staff of kings:eek: (y) (y)
6-Young Indy?

staff of kings really makes sense because Lucas Arts is in on this too and because they are both being released this year kids will know about staff of kings. However Young Indy? that's a different sory. This is kind of like a complete saga series.:whip:

RedeemedChild

I don't think I'll be buying this game. Howbeit I do hope that it will be good. Yet, from the screenshots that I've seen I just don't think I'll be buying it. The game looks to realistic.

I was hoping that the characters would be a bit more stylized in design the way the cover art characters are. The ingame characters look to realistic for me and that's a big downer on my list. I really wish that the developers had made the humans and animals look a lot more stylized. Perhaps the PSP version will look better.

Gabeed

RedeemedChild said:
The game looks to realistic.

:confused:

From what I've seen of the fighting and the graphics in general, it looks far more cartoonish, than, say, Emperor's Tomb. Or are you comparing it to Lego Indy?

Nurhachi1991

RedeemedChild said:
I don't think I'll be buying this game. Howbeit I do hope that it will be good. Yet, from the screenshots that I've seen I just don't think I'll be buying it. The game looks to realistic.

I was hoping that the characters would be a bit more stylized in design the way the cover art characters are. The ingame characters look to realistic for me and that's a big downer on my list. I really wish that the developers had made the humans and animals look a lot more stylized. Perhaps the PSP version will look better.

What is wrong with you? :confused:

Wouldnt looking realistic be a good thing in an Indy game?

DocWhiskey

Yeah, I mean it's his decision, but you're a Indy fan. There's a new Indy game. It's relatively cheap ($24-$49). And let's say it's "good". But you pass it up because the graphics are too 'real"? Kind of ridiculous.

I mean, I wanted a "real" Indy game but I still bought the Lego game and enjoyed it. I guess I just never heard anyone complain about graphics looking too good. Especially since SoK was primarily bashed because of it's graphics.

It would be interesting to see an animated series type stylization, but if we're going to do that, then I say there should be an Indy animated series along with it.

RedeemedChild said:

What other game has the kind of style you would rather have?

The Tingler

Yeah, that's just... a strange reason not to buy it. I can think of about fifteen better reasons not to buy it, but "the graphics aren't stylized enough"? You mean like the Ghostbusters Wii game?

The cover art looks plenty realistic to me...