White Witch

Trennas

I remember when I tried - emphasis on tried - to read both The Sky Pirates and The White Witch, which must be at least 10 years ago (??), managed to read a first part of them, after which I put them away because they were just too damn tedious, boring and descriptive. I haven't touched the books since, while I actually read all the other books multiple times. I guess they still remain to be the least succeeded Indy books to date..

WeAreGoingToDie

I have yet to crack the spine on mine. After the first fifty pages of Sky Pirates (the first book I bought, but didn't read as I discovered there was an order) I gave up all hope on Caidin.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
2 threads of justified griping aobut 1 book, merged.
This is the only novel I couldn't finish, so do forgive me if I don't chime in...

DIrishB

I almost hate myself for forcing myself to finish them. I feel like I'm less of a person for having read Caidin's two Indy books.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like Caidin dumped all the obligatory stuff in the final chapters, as in Sky Pirates (in which Indy spent most the book on an air field, never learning to fly... kind of like if he had spent all Spring Break Adventure in a brothel then arrived in Paris a virgin).

indyclone25

yeah he did ---- the final battle in the story was wrapped up in the last two chapters and it just seemed simple and rushed --- and sky pirites i only read half of it --- never finished maybe someday

Nurhachi1991

Wicca is a pagen art because if that's what the Indy book says about it than that is the truth. Whatever Indy say's is Gospel.

WeAreGoingToDie

"The Sky Pirates" felt like Indy pretending to be James Bond while trudging his way through a tech manual. While the author could have written "The plane landed.", instead writes "The plane's gears shifted as a steel strut planted its base into a 2.5 inch silver planet bolt. The tire, inflated to it's peak efficiency, made contact with the ground which was a mix of ground sandstone and shale. The plane had landed."

Goonie

I finally finished reading White Witch last night. It was ok, better if the main character's name wasn't Indiana Jones.;)

Burwolf

I don't know anything about Wicca, but I really liked the book. I got me hooked on the others. Reading posts on the boards, I find myself to be the minority on this. But the book also tied in the story of Merlin, which I thought was cool.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Finally finished after giving up 15 years ago. There's enough of an Indy tale in the 300+ pages. 150 would have sufficed. They ride the Zeppelin to the US, then fly to Florida to look for gold lost by the Confederates. The so-called witch from the forest has the Caliburn (not Excalibur), a charged scepter which creates a concealing mist. She also commands animals like Aquaman.