TOD figures revealed

Bat-Dude

Billy Ray said:
I was wondering that too. Maybe a whip? Looks like he is holding the end of whatever it is.

Here's hoping that Mola Ram's head dress is removable!

I'm pretty sure that's Indy's whip holding their bag of stuff. In the movie, Short Round picks it up and slings it over his shoulder just following the fight scene when he and Indy rescue Willie from the lava pit. I think in the pic they've put the whip around his neck either out of lack of knowledge as to how he should hold it or to get him to stand better.

As for Willie, I was hoping for her to have a look closer to the bridge scene; kind of a "battle-damaged" version of what we're getting, if you will. But, honestly, I don't care. I just want ToD figures, like now.

I want everyone from the Club Obi-Wan scene, dinner scene, play sets, etc., but I'll take what I can get now and pray the line lasts long enough to see it all made.

Shortie

BlackSleep said:
wow. those are AWESOME...yep, looks like Short Round's hat has the solitary "N" as opposed to the Yankee's emblem...but it's hardly noticable

am i missing something, why is that 3 3/4" ToD pack selling for $114.99 (regularly $131.88)? there are only 6 figures according to the description:

"Indiana Jones Basic Action Figure Asst 200806 is an Urban-Collector pre-order. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was the second film in the immensely popular Indiana Jones film series, and these 3 3/4' tall action figures recreate the characters from the spectacular film! Characters available include Indiana Jones, Temple Thug, Short Round, Willie Scott, Temple Guard, and Mola Ram. Each figure comes with movie-accurate accessories on blister card packaging."

those things are selling for $19-$22 each??

No this is a case so you'll have extra figures in it.

BlackSleep

The Golden Idol said:
What's that thing behind Shorty? And is that Indy's whip around his neck and in his left hand? It looks like he's trying to suffocate himself!

Wasn't Short Round carrying a knapsack at some point? Maybe that's what he's carrying...although the whip around the neck I have no idea...

Here's a pic of him carrying knapsack with Indy's whip around his neck/shoulder...

short-round.jpg

deckard24

Agent Spalko said:
My LC Indy does not have a red beard. It is light brown.
Well that's good news that a lot of you have decent paint apps on your figures. With that preview pic that was posted a while back I got concerned.

$114.99 though for the set is highway robbery, when you could get them for probably around $45 from Walmart, Target, KMart, etc...

At least these prices are a bit more reasonable! Even though it's not the TOD wave, it still gives an idea of what the prices will be.http://www.toywiz.com/ijser3set.html

Vlad Dracula

Those look great! I've been wanting 3 3/4 inch scale TOD figures since 1984 and have honestly been looking forward to these more than any of the other Indy figures.

blueseattle

Excellent, excellent, excellent. I will be heading to TRU this weekend for LC figures and these excite me more. They just need to come out sooner.

Billy Ray

deckard24 said:
Well that's good news that a lot of you have decent paint apps on your figures. With that preview pic that was posted a while back I got concerned.

$114.99 though for the set is highway robbery, when you could get them for probably around $45 from Walmart, Target, KMart, etc...

At least these prices are a bit more reasonable! Even though it's not the TOD wave, it still gives an idea of what the prices will be.http://www.toywiz.com/ijser3set.html

I'm pretty sure that price is for a whole case of figures, given as they list the assortment number. Thecase which will likely come with 3X Mutt w/snake and 4X Monkey Man too ;)

Goonie

Agent Spalko said:
What's with Shortie holding the Olympic torch? Cue Chariots of Fire...

He's getting ready to run with it to the top of Mt Everest. :D

I love the Mola Ram fig, and he's got a flaming heart!(y) (y)

MaxPhactor23

So I did some select viewing of Temple of Doom just a few moments ago. I was specifically looking for alternate Thuggee army builders. The priests certainly go without saying. Considering we’re being given an adventure heroes priest, I’d say it’s a safe assumption that we’ll get a figure of one eventually. The Thuggee we’re currently getting is actually slightly different then the majority shown in the film. It’s essentially the same all but for the scarf covering the face. Most the thugs faces aren’t covered, specifically for all the major action scenes. Then you have alternate weapons you could include. These men are shown with swords, rifles, revolvers, and bows. The assassin that attempts to choke Indiana appears to have a completely unique outfit and features interesting facial hair. If we get the Monkey man…why not the Thuggee assassin? There are many slave drivers in the film. They’re basically the giant thug but otherwise lacking the red sash and bulky body. They’re especially featured in the quarry battle and mine cart chase. But most interesting was somewhat of a surprise. I noticed that around Willie’s sacrifice, when Indiana is under the black sleep, once he breaks free there is a quick scene of the Maharaja being taken away by what appears to be (to my knowledge) entirely unique Thuggee soldiers never shown anywhere else. Very interesting. Lots of options for more thug army builders.

Billy Ray

The_Raiders said:
What has been confirmed? I read in the hasbro Q & A thread that there WILL be a bridge Indy.

It has been confirmed that Rpoe Bridge Indy is in this set, he's just not pictured. Urban Collector, the site this image originated from, even list him in their description:

Indiana Jones Basic Action Figure Asst 200806 is an Urban-Collector pre-order. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was the second film in the immensely popular Indiana Jones film series, and these 3 3/4' tall action figures recreate the characters from the spectacular film! Characters available include Indiana Jones, Temple Thug, Short Round, Willie Scott, Temple Guard, and Mola Ram. Each figure comes with movie-accurate accessories on blister card packaging.

thelaw

Exactly. We went through this with the Last Crusade wave, too. Indy was the last figure we saw, after seeing the others all at the same time.