Where do you get your Comics/Novels

JP Jones

I was just wondering where some of you readers get your comic books and or novels. I might want to go buy me some.:hat:

Stoo

For starters, where do you live, JP Jones? In a city/town or are you out in the sticks?

Indiana Jones Comics: Local comic book shops
Indiana Jones Novels: Local book stores

There's also da global intranet whatcha-ma-call-it...

JP Jones

I live south of Green Bay in Appleton, Wisconsin, but if you don't live there I'm guessing you can't help me out. Have you ever gotten Indy Books from Barnes and Noble? or any other major chain?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
In Australia, the book store chains aren't that good for Indy novels and comics. When KOTCS came out, they did supply all the literature merchandise, but certain comics and books either took a long time to reach the shelf or they had to be on special order.

At the end of the day, the comic store in the city became the best place to go. They had everything in the one place and soonest. There's also an independent bookstore I go to in the city, which has the best and shortest order wait in my end of town- 2 weeks! Also reasonably priced and only needing a 5 dollar deposit.

I know that Borders are probably the best out of the chain stores here (and I think they have Borders in the States?).

Stoo

JP Jones said:
I live south of Green Bay in Appleton, Wisconsin, but if you don't live there I'm guessing you can't help me out. Have you ever gotten Indy Books from Barnes and Noble? or any other major chain?
Major chains, yes. Barnes & Noble? Most likely...but there are no B&N where I live. (Remember that not everyone on here lives in the States.;)) It would have helped if you'd mentioned where you are with your original question. Anyway, Wisconsin? There are (or were at one point) some "cheeseheads" (and I use that term affectionately), such as Avilos, on here that may be able to help you.

Go buy 'em all, JP. That's an order!:D:whip:

"These Happy Days are yours and mine..."

Last edited:

lao che & sons

JP Jones said:
I was just wondering where some of you readers get your comic books and or novels. I might want to go buy me some.:hat:
I get mine from a nice shop called th great escape that has them all. They're in good shape and are cheap but you probably don't live in or aorund louisville, ky. or do you?

but chech out ebay they have a lot of them there if not all of them(y)

indyclone25

i live in the chicago area and we have barnes and noble and border books ---borders is the better of the two in my opinion to get the books

Meerkat

I just get them all at Barnes and Noble. When they don't have what I'm looking for, I order from Amazon.

yodazone

The regular floppy comics (whenever they get released) are easy to find from the comic shops and the "Adventures" digests & Omnibuses I order from Amazon, Borders.com or BarnesandNoble.com.

deweyslogo3black.gif

I don't have to have them the day they are released so I usually wait for the collected or Omnibus's and pre-order them on amazon, they are almost always the cheapest.

metalinvader

You may want to check out some used book stores.Chances are you'll find some of the early novels,Young Indy junior novels and maybe some of the movie adaptions.

Happy hunting!:hat:

Crack that whip

As it happens, I just picked up a couple Indy books at the Borders here in Tallahassee (so yes, Violet Indy, they do have Borders here in the US ;) ).

Peru1936

I'm often able to find trades in larger book stores in Seoul and during my travels. If there's a comic book shop in the town/city I'm in, I make sure I visit. When I'm home though, I order online from the local big bookstore or from Amazon. I rarely buy single issues since they're hard to find without a comic book shop around.