The year in which Indy4 will take place in.

Webley

People are saying that Indy 4 is going to take place in the 1950. But if you remember ROTLA it took place in 1936 and 8 years later(real life) LC took place in 1938. So 1 Indy yr = 4 real yrs. That would make it 1942 in 2005.
People may argue that Ford will look too old for the move not to take place any time before 1950. But come on, the kind of life that Indy leads... he'd be lookin pretty rough in 1942

intergamer

you can't say 1 indy year=4 real years on the basis of two data points...

they compromised, obviously, between such a formula, and realtime (since harrison aka indy ages at full speed)

If it didn't work that way, I'd be four...wierd

bob

My money is on 1955
Dont tell me why i just have a feeling about that year....

Although in my opinion Indy IV should have been set no later than 1949 (Soviet Bomb and therefore their motivation for going after the occult, and H bomb that makes even apocylptic artifacts soooo trivial)

intergamer

bob said:
Although in my opinion Indy IV should have been set no later than 1949 (Soviet Bomb and therefore their motivation for going after the occult, and H bomb that makes even apocylptic artifacts soooo trivial)

Thats a good point.. and 1954/55 does sound right. But I think that the whole atomic bomb thing is too beaten to death in movies. We need something original: we all know about Hydrogen bombs already.

philhos

Webley said:
People are saying that Indy 4 is going to take place in the 1950. But if you remember ROTLA it took place in 1936 and 8 years later(real life) LC took place in 1938. So 1 Indy yr = 4 real yrs. That would make it 1942 in 2005.
People may argue that Ford will look too old for the move not to take place any time before 1950. But come on, the kind of life that Indy leads... he'd be lookin pretty rough in 1942

This logic doesn't work also in the fact that Temple of Doom came out 2 years after ROTLA in real life, yet it took place like a year or two prior to ROTLA.

Confused? You should be.

00Kevin

Indyfan
bob said:
My money is on 1955
Dont tell me why i just have a feeling about that year....

yes...november 5th 1955! that was the day I invented time travel! :D

I'll take WW2 era anyday. but I suppose the Cold War isn't a bad Idea...........55 it is........just no stupid 'leave it to beaver' style!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
1955...I can see it all now. Indy walks into a bar, calls down to the bartender, and says, "give me a milk. Chocolate!" ;)

Early 50's...perhaps during the days of McCarthy, but without the Senator as an actual major plot point; he would just be atmosphere.

philhos

Here's an idea (actually, it's more of a plot point).

1950ish: What if someone named Mr. Smithsonian came to Dr. Jones - proprietor of Brody's museum (Natural History Museum?) - and asked him to create a huge new set of museums. But they need that one big artifact that'll get them the publicity they need. Jones says no, but certain events start happening to him and he's forced to go along on an expedition.

Would it work?

Please be gentle.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The Smithsonian museums were already around by that time. Sorry. (was that gentle enough?;))

00Kevin

Indyfan
Aaron H said:
The Smithsonian museums were already around by that time. Sorry. (was that gentle enough?;))

too gentle....try it like this:

YOU FOOL! THE SMITHSONIAN MUSEAMS WERE ALREADY AROUND IN THE 50S IDIOT! YOU ARE SO FOOLISH! DOES YOUR INCOMPETENCE HAVE NO BOUNDS???? YOU ARE A DISGRACE! GET DOWN AND GIVE ME INFINITY!

YOU'RE NOT STRONG! YER A SILKY BOY....SILK COMES FROM THE BUTTS OF CHINESE WORMS!!!!! NOW KEEP GOING SISSY! YOU WUSS! ATTENTION! WHAT? TALING BACK? I SHALL HAVE YOU IN ICELATION FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

Finn

Staff member
Gentle enough, Aaron... thank you.

Kev's post... tell me, was it funny? I can't seem to decide.

Canyon

I have a feeling that new Indy film will be set in 1953.

To me that is the most logical choice as Last Crusade was set in 1938 and made in 1988, so if the film is set in 1953 and made in 2004 this works out to be about the same number of years that each film is set in and made as follows:

1938 ---->1953 (15 years)
1988 ---->2004 (16 years)

This is why I belive that Harrison is still up for the part of Indiana Jones and why I feel that it will work because firstly he looks pretty good for his age, and re my above theorie, I believe that he will indeed be convincing as Indy in his early fifties. :)

intergamer

well, how long do you think the movie be take place over?

there might a flashback ala Crusades which takes us all the way back to the 40s (end of the second world war or something)...which might tie in to the movie

and who knows - it could go all the way through to 59: since we don't know what the plot is its hard to say

I'm putting my money of 53,54

bob

Remember that there is the Korean war in the middle of the period......
(thats it i have nothing else to comment on it)