User Name
Password

Old 05-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #151
Icybro
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker
Hey guys
Just found out my company actually held an interview with Tricia Pasternak back in November 2011. I've contacted the staffer who interviewed her and have asked for an introduction. I'm going to see if she's willing to have lunch and discuss (I work in NYC publishing as well, so I'm close). I've also spoken with one of the buyers at Barnes & Noble about buying the book on an exclusive basis. So there's a sale just waiting to be made. If Tricia is willing to respond maybe we can get some sort of definitive answer on what it would take to make this happen. I'll let you know what her initial response is.
walker

AWESOME! Truly exciting news. Please do let us know how it goes!
Icybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #152
Caidanbi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker
Hey guys
Just found out my company actually held an interview with Tricia Pasternak back in November 2011. I've contacted the staffer who interviewed her and have asked for an introduction. I'm going to see if she's willing to have lunch and discuss (I work in NYC publishing as well, so I'm close). I've also spoken with one of the buyers at Barnes & Noble about buying the book on an exclusive basis. So there's a sale just waiting to be made. If Tricia is willing to respond maybe we can get some sort of definitive answer on what it would take to make this happen. I'll let you know what her initial response is.
walker

Cool!! Maybe there is some hope after all. ^-^ Let us know what she says
Caidanbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #153
walker
IndyFan

Well, so far no reply at all. She's a busy lady, but I was hoping there might be an opportunity here. I'll keep pestering her and if anything comes of it I'll let you all know.
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #154
Lego Indy
IndyFan

Any more to report?
Lego Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #155
walker
IndyFan

Not a thing - sorry! I'm going to keep trying though and will share any news I get as soon as I get it. It's mindboggling that they would keep this stored on a shelf somewhere.
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #156
Indyfan82
IndyFan

I posted this in the "Petition" thread, but I guess I'll mention it here too. Does Disney buying Lucasfilm change matters on this at all? I wonder if Disney might find a way to release the book? I would so love to read the story on "Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings", not to mention having another Indy story from Rob MacGregor at that!
Indyfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #157
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfan82
Does Disney buying Lucasfilm change matters on this at all? I wonder if Disney might find a way to release the book?
Doubtful. In case you aren't aware, Indy82, Disney officially said that they are not interested in Indiana Jones at this point in time.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #158
Indyfan82
IndyFan

Okay- hadn't heard that directly. That does put a downer on things. Oh well- I sent Disney an email today to ask them about it anyway. I'll see if I actually get a response.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #159
Indyfan82
IndyFan

I have now contacted Del Rey Books with an inquiry on this book, so hopefully I will hear something from them soon.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #160
IndyBr
IndyFan

Well, good luck. I would love to read it too, but I'm not holding my breath.
IndyBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #161
Indyfan82
IndyFan

Sigh- no word so far. I suppose I should have known an email is too easy to ignore. Perhaps I can try a written letter in the mail and see if that gets a better response. Or just call the company directly.