Stupid dilema

loganbush

So Harrison Ford is my favorite actor ever and a role model blah blah. This is years off but I wanted to name one of my kids Harrison. But my last name is Bush. So his name would be Harry Bush. What to do? :p

indyclone25

i'm sure that there are many other harry bush's out there --- so name him harrison------ just make sure he doesnt use harry ---- cause you never hear anyone refer to harrison ford as harry ?

Indy~Annie

Harrison Bush would be a very pretty name.:)

i was talking with my mom about this name i heard its a girls name India.....i like it....and i joked around my kids names will be Indy and India.:p poor things.lol

Forbidden Eye

indyclone25 said:
just make sure he doesnt use harry ---- cause you never hear anyone refer to harrison ford as harry ?

On the Tonight Show With Jay Leno a while back, he reveled an old High School paper that called him 'Harry Ford'.

Gustav

What an unfortunate last name. I guess the best you can hope for is for some new slang word that means "pubic hair" to be invented that becomes so popular it makes people forget that meaning of "bush".

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Agent Spalko said:
Well from the way you're sinking your teeth into those wubbayoos...

Heh, see, this are the times that I like you. Wubbayoo has become my favorite all-purpose exclamation since the film came out.

Also, yeah, don't name your son Harrison. It's a bad plan. If you're dealing with adults, I'd tend to say, "yeah, make do with the card you're dealt," but this is one of the things you actually have control over. Don't make childhood - which is to say, those uncontrollable parts of childhood like the fact that children, even the good ones, find ways to put each other down to make themselves seem higher - harder than it already is.

Muttette

You've got to name your kid Harrison! :D Just give him a middle name so it'll get shortened to initials instead... like Harrison Edward... then he'd be HE Bush! Like He Man only without the big green cat and the stupid floating wizard thing! (y)

sunshinestate1992

Look, im not parent, but the way i ssee it. i dont name him harrrison for that reason. I think the prevention of torment from his peers in later years, is much more important, than fufillling your indiana jones fandom.

Muttette

It is cruel when people give their kids names like Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii, Number 16 Bus Shelter and George (all real names I kid you not!) but kids that have an unusual and cool name often actually have a better time growing up as they're respected more by their peers... it's been scientifically proven by men in white coats with too much time on their hands! ^_^

If you need more proof just google Staff Sergeant Max Fightmaster! What a guy... :whip: