Favorite version of King Kong

Which is your favorite version of "King Kong"?

• Total voters

Goodsport

And why? :)

(For simplicity's sake, this poll only includes the original film and its two remakes, not the various spinoffs such as The Son of Kong, King Kong vs. Godzilla, King Kong Escapes, King Kong Lives, etc. :cool: )

-G

IndyBuff

I voted for the original, although its been years since I've seen it. I may try to see the new one later this week once school is over.:)

roundshort

For pure looks, the new Kong, well just looks bad-a$$, the scars, the crap in his fur, etc, he looks like a bog nasty beast that lives in the tropics! Visual, he looks good. The 1930's Kong witht he wierd brow thing, well I really don't think it stands the test of time, and the mid 70's Kong, ugh!

IAdventurer01

The original... mostly because it's absolutely hysterical. Although, I think maybe King Kong vs. Godzilla is my real favorite. :p

IndyBuff

The 1976 one was good, but again I haven't seen it in years. Maybe that's the one I saw and thought it was the original? Now I'm confused.:confused:

IndyBuff

Looking back, I do believe I watched the 1976 version instead of the original. I watched it when I was younger so I guess I didn't really know the difference. In any case, I need to find it and watch it again.

Stoo

1933 Kong Remains #1

Indy, if you haven't seen the original B/W then I suggest renting it on DVD
before seeing the new Kong, for a full and proper appreciation of the story's
evolution. P.Jackson's version has many *inside jokes* and tips-o'-the-hat
to the 1933 film.

Goodsport, you started this poll a few days too early!;) I just saw the opening
of the new one and, although it's truly spectacular, I still voted for the original.
I do have a soft spot for the '76 version (it is different) and just before the
rumours of Jackson's new Kong started to circulate, the '76 version was actually
being looked back upon with some respect. It does have certain, good qualities
but...now that the new one is out, the '76 Kong will be squashed again...