"When the Ark gets loaded we're already gonna be on the plane"

Michael24

Really, most big planes you would look at and think, "There's no way that can fly." Like those big military cargo plans and such. I can easily picture the Wing flying. Besides, wasn't there actually one that did fly at some point? The Wing is based on an actual design after all.

Ste2652

oki9Sedo said:
The Flying Wing fight scene is my favourite action scene ever, but did anyone think Indy's plan was ridiculous? What was he going to do, knock out the pilot, strip him, put on his gear and pretend to be him? Yes, I'm sure Belloq and the Nazis wouldn't recognise him in such a cunning disguise.

Well, Indy did confess to making it up as he goes :p

Niteshade007 said:
Does anyone else find it impossible to picture that thing flying in the air? I do, I can't picture it anywhere else but on the ground, going in circles and then blowing up.

I don't know... the design (flying wing) does work well as an airframe. The B-2 Spirit is a similar shape. I seem to remember the Nazis did experiment with that kind of design at some point (though I think it was during the war). Might be wrong, though... is there anyone familiar with military aircraft that could tell us when the flying wing design was invented?

Gear

No Ticket said:
Yeah, I always wondered where exactly they were gonna put it on the plane... and why THAT plane...

Real answer: Because Spielberg wanted it to be THAT plane since one like it never really existed and blow it up!

Indy has had some crazy ideas (fortunantly for him they never work as planed). I think the Nazis chose that plane because it had cargo room and was heavely armed; incase Indy and Marion tried to attack it in flight.
The plane Steven and George used in that scene (as said on the bonus disc) never exsisted in real life in WWII but was only a Nazi blue print. I like to think that in the Indy universe that plane really did exsist in 1936 but after it failed during Indiana's assualt it was discontinued (considering that type had just been manufactured and there were'nt many around). In short- Indy changed the fate of WWII once again...:hat: