The Official Trailer Thread

Adamwankenobi

I saw the trailer on GMA, and the beginning isn't too different from some of the better-made fan teasers that have been put out recently. :p But it's awesome to finally see actual footage from the film!

But I'm seeing a lot of negative comments after the bootleg was posted. Guys, we need to give this thing a few days to sink in before people start the inevitable bashing. It's a teaser trailer for a film made in 2008 rather than the 1980s. Of course it's going to be somewhat different than the others.

metalinvader

IrishLuck1980 said:
Can anyone confirm that when they watch the trailer in HD Quicktime, the darks screens are pixelated?

It works perfectly for me...Did you try watching it on the official site?

Tsar

Wow, good trailer. Yes there is CGI, but keep in mind, CGI mostly will be used during action sequences, which is exactly what they want to show off in a trailer. The only thing that really bothered me was the lame music in the beginning of the trailer, sounded like generic hollywood theme music. As soon as the raiders march started, it all felt better.

Here are some still from the HD version. Sorry if these were posted already but I don't have time to go thru all 8 pages of the thread.

I assume that big Russian guy he's fighting will be the KOTCS equivalent of Airplane Fight/ Stone crusher fight.

indytrailer045ss0.jpg

indytrailer01zz4.jpg

indytrailer02bw1.jpg

indytrailer03cw4.jpg

Damn, Ford looks good. May 22 can't come soon enough.

Indy fan 235

Just saw the trailer (watched it at work) and man was it awesome! I had goosebumps when they show the shadow of Indy putting the hat on. The scenes of him running on top of the crates, being fired at, and using his whip were awesome! Lots of great whip use in this trailer.

This movie is going to be great, I just can't wait!

tnswman

WOW!! you know.. It may be silly but one little ting that Harrison does in that trailer sets the tone for the movie and shows what a great actor he is... when he picks the hat up off of the ground, you can see and feel the anger and frustration..then when he puts it on, you can sense the confidence that washes over the character. That kind of stuff is what made the trilogy great.

Did anyone make out who that was in the vehicle with Indy and Mac? It is the poncho wearing dude for sure....Is it the south american we see in the early photos that were released?

IrishLuck1980

What is everyone using to watch Quicktime? Like I said, the picture, while not well lite and no fast moving scenes looks great, but as soon as the screen shows fast movement or it is dark, I see the pixel blocks. Any suggestions?

deckard24

I'll ask again, was there a full trailer on Good Morning America, or just a snippet with those morons talking over it? Maybe I hit the fast forward one too many times in a rush of excitement?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

metalinvader

deckard24 said:
I'll ask again, was there a full trailer on Good Morning America, or just a snippet with those morons talking over it? Maybe I fast forwarded thru it in a rush of excitement?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

They showed the whole trailer and then once again with those morons talking over it..:p