New Acquisitions!!

Stoo

ROB98374 said:
Just got my Young Knife
DSCF2856.jpg
You lucky dog! What is the belt buckle-type thing, ROB? Don't recall seeing that before.:confused: (Nice photo, by the way.)

@indyclone: Nice score on the "Raiders" board game and the "Great Adventurers" LaserDisc!(y) (I've always liked the cover of the game because it is one of the few, watercolour renditions of an Indy graphic and it's nicely done.)

ROB98374

Stoo said:
You lucky dog! What is the belt buckle-type thing, ROB? Don't recall seeing that before.:confused: (Nice photo, by the way.)

It is the belt buckle that came in the "deluxe" knife set.

knifeset.jpg

indyclone25

ROB98374 said:
Do you have a LaserDisc player so you can watch it? That looks interesting. I have a LasrDisc player, so I might try to find one of those also.
yes i do have a laser disc player i also have the movie on vhs and have used my vhs to dvd recorderto burn a copy to dvd so i have a dvd copy now too

indyclone25

[/QUOTE]@indyclone: Nice score on the "Raiders" board game and the "Great Adventurers" LaserDisc!(y) (I've always liked the cover of the game because it is one of the few, watercolour renditions of an Indy graphic and it's nicely done.)[/QUOTE]

it is a nice design --- can't wait to play the game ,

indyclone25 said:
yes i do have a laser disc player i also have the movie on vhs and have used my vhs to dvd recorderto burn a copy to dvd so i have a dvd copy now too

I imagine you have Raiders on Laser Disk too...any cool extras, commercials, interviews and or documentaries?

Rocket Surgeon said:
I imagine you have Raiders on Laser Disk too...any cool extras, commercials, interviews and or documentaries?

No. Just the film. It really wasn't until DVD that that sort of thing became common place. LaserDiscs tended to have the film and maybe the trailers - that was it (except for the few expensive box sets -- The Abyss, Aliens, T2 -- that did more)

ROB98374

indyclone25 said:

What is on "Great Adventurers & their Quests Indiana Jones Last Crusade"?
Is it a behind the scenes look at the movie? Or is it just the movie?
I am assuming it is not the movie, but maybe I am wrong.

ROB98374

indyclone25 said:
@indyclone: Nice score on the "Raiders" board game and the "Great Adventurers" LaserDisc!(y) (I've always liked the cover of the game because it is one of the few, watercolour renditions of an Indy graphic and it's nicely done.)

it is a nice design --- can't wait to play the game ,

I was going to play it with my daughter a few days ago. It seemed a little complicated, so I decided not to play it until I read the directions first!

indyclone25

ROB98374 said:
What is on "Great Adventurers & their Quests Indiana Jones Last Crusade"?
Is it a behind the scenes look at the movie? Or is it just the movie?
I am assuming it is not the movie, but maybe I am wrong.

it shows on the show the different things people have done in their quest to be adventurers a kid who flown across the ocean ---- a doctor that deal with snakes and the venom the produce ----- ice climbers ( if i recall correctly , it has been awhile since i saw it ) that risk their lives .and the making of last crusade thrown through out. very good hour long show.

indyclone25

i won last night a ebay auction with 27 iniana jones items in it -----
Classic Indiana Jones Collection - 42 items including Indy's Stetson fedora.

INCLUDED:

1 - Stetson Fedora - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade & Pepsi promotional issue, 1989.

1 - Raiders of the Lost Ark "Toht" Action Figure - 1982 Kenner Products (includes packaging card).

1 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Original Soundtrack CD, 1989.

1 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade hardback book - 1989 Ballentine Books, (SF Fan Club edition, first edition)

1 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade softcover book - 1989 Ballentine Books, First Edition.

1 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom softcover book - 1984 Ballentine Books, First Edition.

1 - Premiere Magazine - Spielberg & the Last Crusade issue - June 1989.

1 - Marvel Magazine comic adaption of Raiders of the Last Ark .

6 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Pepsi cup movie promo tie in, 1989.

6 - Peel & Win Game pull tabs from the bottom of the Pepsi cups, 1989.

3 - Marvel Comics - 3 part series (issues 1 - 3) - Temple of Doom comic adaptation, 1984.

4 - Marvel Comics - 3 part series (issues 1 - 3, with 2 #1 issues) - Raiders of the Last Ark, 1981.

CONDITION: The Pepsi & Stetson promotional Fedora is in excellent like-new condition, never worn. It has remained boxed in storage for 20 years. This is a very unique promotional movie tie-in. The Raiders action figure is in good condition and includes trenchcoat. It only has minor wear on the trench coat. The soundtrack CD is in excellent condition, no visible scratches or scuff marks. The three books are all in excellent condition, the Temple of Doom softcover has some minor wear around the edges. The Premiere magazine is in near mint condition. The Marvel magazine comic has some wear and creasing on the spine, but otherwise is in very good condition. All of the Pepsi cups are are used, but in good condition, a couple of them have a light brown soda stain around the rim. The pull tabs are in good condition. The Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Marvel Comics movie adaptation are in excellent, like new, condition. The Raiders of the Last Ark Marvel Comics movie adaptation are in very good to excellent condition.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: The Fedora is a size Large 7 1/4 - 7 3/8, made in the USA. It has printed on the inside "STETSON", and under the Stetson logo, "TM & (C) 1989 Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved." The band around the hat has a "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" insignia next to a "PEPSI" logo.

The action figure is labeled "LFL 1982" on the back. The soundtrack is a Warner Bros Records release and includes liner notes by Stephen Spielberg. The three books all include pictures from the movie in the center of the books. The Marvel magazine is a "Marvel Super Special Magazine No. 18". The Pepsi cups are not plastic, but are a paper/wax cup and appear to have a basic 4 color graphic. Five of the pull tabs are labeled "Airplane Berlin", and one is labeled "Boat Venice".

First things first! Where did you get the photos?!

This is the first time I've EVER seen that Tan/Washington Suit pic or the Bantu Wind Dress...they obviously look like photos from fittings.

Very cool.

I'm jealous, wish I couldhave been there...looking forward to more stories/info!

Thanks for sharing.:hat:

That prop Ark looks AMAZING! Would love to know where they got it!

(y)

ROB98374

indyclone25 said:
i won last night a ebay auction with 27 iniana jones items in it -----
Classic Indiana Jones Collection - 42 items including Indy's Stetson fedora.

I was going to bid on that package, but the shipping cost seemed too high. I figured the bidding would have went up higher. Looks like it ended with you getting a good deal. Enjoy!

indyclone25

ROB98374 said:
I was going to bid on that package, but the shipping cost seemed too high. I figured the bidding would have went up higher. Looks like it ended with you getting a good deal. Enjoy!
it was a great deal !!! can't wait to get it . collecting the hard to find indy items is a great adventure in itself --- although ebay does make it a bit easier---lol:D

lao che & sons

ROB98374 said:
Received an Raiders record with storybook. It is sealed, but I kinda want to open it and check it out.

DSCF2953.jpg

I know the feeling I got one too

but there is a site that you can downlaod it from along with the book so no need to worry I don't have a link but just search like read along books or what-ever it is

it's a great piece indeed. how much did you pay?:confused:

ROB98374

lao che & sons said:
I know the feeling I got one too

but there is a site that you can downlaod it from along with the book so no need to worry I don't have a link but just search like read along books or what-ever it is

it's a great piece indeed. how much did you pay?:confused:

It was $10 shipped, and half of that was the shipping. It also included a sealed pack of Indy playing cards, so not a bad deal.