Disney figures

indyt

I was in Orlando last week on my way back from Guyana. I stopped at the Disney stores at the airport hopeing to find some Indy toys. I did not have time to go to Disney World. They did not have anything but gave me a card to call and order them. I called and was able to order Indy, Cairo swordman, German soldier and German commander. For those who have these figures, are they pretty cool?

Katarn07

I like them for lack of anything better out there. The cards are awesome, but the second series messed it up a bit with the French or Spanish (forget which it is) on the bottom of the packaging. Looks a bit messy.

Lon

I think the figures are horrible. They're great only because it's new Indy product but the sculpting and articulation is terrible. The accessories are very difficult to get in the hands of the figures as well.

IndyBuff

I think the Indy figures are pretty neat and hopefully they will eventually release figures from the other two Indy films as well. I also was able to pick up a G.l. JOE Indy figure here in Orlando that looks really cool too.

There're definately neat collectables and if you can find them I recommend picking them up.:whip:

Johan

I have to admit after getting the action figures I was a bit dissapointed. They are not really playble especially being so stiff, the joints don't move..and for crying out loud...INDY DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A WHIP!! What's with that?

Katarn07

The first Indy did. I'd have to say it's still my favorite figure of the set. I do wish they'd release more sets.

And c'mon people, they're toys. That's actually kind of the cool thing about them is that they're not as detailed as the SW toys out there nowadays.

Johan

I realize the originals did have a whip. And I am still happy I bought them...I just wish they would have put a bit more thought into making them. I mean seriously, why would you want to make toys that don't function as good toys...especially with Disney putting them out. The next ones better not dissappoint.

Vlad Dracula

I like them. Very nice looking. But not great looking. I'd say the sculpts and paint are generally on par with the first wave of the SW POTF figures from 95.

Both Indy figures are especially nice and have lots of great accessories.

Bad points:

The Cairo Swordsman is really hard to stand and would have benefitted from a fabric robe.

The German mechanic has a great sculpt but can't hold his wrench.

Marion has an okay sculpt. Not the prettiest female action figure ever but certainly not the worst. Way nicer than the 95 POTF man faced Leia. Lastly poor hip articulation.

German Soldier has kind of a bland sculpt and can't hold his weapon well.

Katarn07

Yeah, I would almost compare them to the PotF2 figures too, but I know from first hand experience that the PotF2 figures were both fun to play with and display nicely on shelves. I can't comment on the Indy toys' articulation or accessory problems, but I never had those problems with my SW toys.

Actually, I found some cool customs a while back of PotF2 style Indy guys and I think they're rather unique looking.

http://www.thecustomalliance.com/berg/default.asp

epicbadguy

The guy in the middle is my favorite...

ActionFigure1.jpg

Aintthatakick.jpg

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Not surprising....:whip:
I would assume that these figures are also would be sold at Disneyland?

epicbadguy

As I understand it you can get them either here at Disney MGM Studios or at Disneyland in California. I bet if you contact Disney Merchandising or go to a Disney store they will be able to hook you up. When they came out a few years ago, I gave them out to some of my family members as Christmas gifts. My mom was pretty taken with it.

She said, "It is a perfect image of you! It even has the scar that you have on your head!" I have a prominant scar from a motorcycle wreck back in '88.

I had to explain, "No mom, That is the mark from the vacuum moulding when they made this thing!" She still believes it's there on purpose...

The BAD GUY!

IndyBuff

Violet Indy said:
Not surprising....:whip:
I would assume that these figures are also would be sold at Disneyland?

That's where I got my figures several years ago. I also saw them at Disney World last week as well, so I'm assuming that both parks are still carrying them. The shops have some incredible Indy stuff, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed either way.

One thing I found interesting was that the gift shop in Orlando was carrying the novel Indiana Jones and the Interior World. That was the only book they had but it got me thinking: is it possible that the books are being re-printed due to Indy IV? It's too bad that they weren't carrying the rest of the series but I was wondering if maybe the novels will be brought back or new ones might possibly be in the works. I certainly hope so.:)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I look forward to going to Disneyland, going on the ride and goingto the gift shop. I'm goanna have sooooo much trouble finding something that I want to buy and is able to fit in my suitcase. But, hey, I'm female... I'll sit on it and make it fit.;)

IndySeven

Indy Disney Figures

Does anyone know if Disney MGM Studios still has the exclusive Indy action figures in the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost store? If not, does anyone know if there are going to be figures released for Indy 4?:)

When my wife and I were there last year they had NO figures of any kind. Some shirts, an expensive leather jacket, some books, fridge magnets and some postcards.

Lon

I actually just ordered two Disney German Mechanics from Brian's Toys online. He has them on clearance for $1.99 each. That figure is the only one that cheap though. It's certainly cheaper than normal retail.

Eric Solo

I thought Disney had some great INDY T-shirts......till I found out they are ALL children's sizes. ;(

Last edited:

IndySeven

New Indy Disney Figures

Does anyone agree with me that the Indy toy line in Walt Disney World should be expanded? I think that they should add a Temple of Doom line and Last Crusade toy line to the actual Raiders line. Doesn't anyone agree with me?:whip: