Crossing Over

Indy~Annie

so i was playing on the puter when i noticed some where it said "crossing over" is NOT coming out in theaters.....

is that true?

and i went to a few more places that say the same thing.

im lost

The Man

crossingover.jpg

"That's not how you press trousers. It's over. You're lookin' at twenty years to life. Come with me..."

TheMutt92

The Man said:
crossingover.jpg

"That's not how you press trousers. It's over. You're lookin' at twenty years to life. Come with me..."

LOL. But Ford looks twenty years older in that pic then he did in KOTCS! :confused:

fatima

yes indeed he sure looks older ( characterization calls for it) but I'm looking forward to watch this movie.

Forbidden Eye

Indy&HanFan said:
i've never even heard of crossing over

It's a movie about illegal immigrants trying to gain legal status in Los Angeles. Aside from Indiana Jones himself, it also stars Ray Liotta and Sean Penn.

Not much aside that is known at the moment. It looks interesting. I hope it's great and can get Mr. Ford a very long-deserved Oscar.

The Man

http://www.cineplex.com/Movies/FamousNews/FamousMagazine/August 2008.aspx?FamousArticles=18119

The movie, which hits theatres later this year, scratches the serious thespian itch that the, arguably, most successful action-movie star of all time has picked at repeatedly for the last 35 years.

The brainchild of writer-director Wayne Kramer (Running Scared, The Cooler), himself a transplanted South African, Crossing Over explores how a variety of migrants in Los Angeles, some there legally and some not, come to terms with the dream-challenging realities of the City of Angels. The film also shows how those charged with enforcing America?s entry and work laws cope with often trying situations, which is where Ford?s character, Max Brogan, comes in.

?He?s an Immigration and Customs agent,? the actor explains in his usual, to-the-point manner. ?It?s about an issue that affects us all, so I?m interested as a citizen. I?m also interested in the economic impact and the emotional aspects of immigration reform. So I?m happy to see the subject getting attention.?

Indy~Annie

I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!! \/ \/ \/ (n)

CROSSING OVER BUMPED TO JANUARY 2009

Sad news: Crossing Over has been bumped to yet a new release date to one beyond the awards consideration window: The new date is January 2009.

Quote Harvey Weinstein at distributor Weinstein Co.: "We're moving it to January. The market is just too crowded. Every week there are five more movies coming out. It's too crazy. Spring is much better--there are a lot more wide-open dates. The most important thing is to do well by the movie. Having it out in January gives us the opportunity to play the film at the Sundance and Berlin film festivals, which will be a big help to the movie."

That's the official version. The unofficial reason is the present turbulence over at Weinstein Co: A number of company head executives have already left the company, more are heading out the door very shortly.

Crossing Over isn't the only bumped movie on the Weinstein releases list: The Road starring Viggo Mortensen and Killshot starring Mickey Rourke have also been rescheduled to next year, official reasons are along the lines of those for Crossing Over.

Preferring the festivals season over the awards season for reasons of increased visibility, prestige, PR and box office is probably the thinnest veiled white lie we've heard in a long time. That's the real reason for worry.

fatima

Deckard, you are totally right! it looks promissing, shows the reality of migration in the States, Harrison's role sounds to be intense....soo I have good expectations to this one. (y)

TheMutt92

deckard24 said:
Damn Harrison, what's taken you so long to take on a role like this!! You just might get that Oscar after all?

I agree! W/ this and KOTCS, Harrison may have just rejumpstarted the last 10 or so years of his career BIG TIME! (y)

Sad news though, if it comes out in January as expected, his oscar chances are limited. Film's released early in the year are quickly forgotten as fall/winter films come into place (which are usually better anyway, but there are exceptions).