wow.............

Nurhachi1991

a few days ago at school were covering ww2 so the teacher asks if anyone has seen the thirs indiana jones film so im immediatly paying attention anyway he asks what were the nazis doing outside the castle while indy was saving his dad. i gave a confused look and said nothing they wernt doing anything. Than he goes yes they were burning books! I said no that was waaaaay after he saved his dad. he goes no your wrong they were buring book outside the castle.......... im like no they went back to berlin to get the grail diary back from elsa because there was more to the diary than just the maps! he still diddnt agree with me and the class was like dude your wrong they were burning books outside the castle :mad:

|ZiR|

Kudos for standing up to your teacher. Weird though that none of your fellow classmates remembered the film correctly.

Nurhachi1991

|ZiR| said:
Kudos for standing up to your teacher. Weird though that none of your fellow classmates remembered the film correctly.

thanks lol yeah i was suprised everyone told me i was wrong

Stoo

Shame on the teacher! Where the books were burned doesn't even matter!
I'm with ya, bro. (What grade are you in? 9? 10?)

Indy Geek

Make a bet!!! Easyyy money!!!:hat:

Cool the Monument!! In the Platz! I didn´t know there was such monument! I´m always learning!!

Stoo

Jens said:
Well, maybe it does matter, but anyway your teacher was wrong.
I suppose he wanted to hint on the real book burning which took place ... in Berlin. :rolleyes:
I stand correted then, Jens. I didn't realize that this was a singular event. Thanks for the links.
Nurhachi, you should use this info to back up your claim. (Don't rub it in, though!;))

This weekend will be my 1st time in Berlin! My hotel is right on the Alexanderplatz.
Now, I'll have to add Bebelplatz to the itinerary...

Jens

Stoo said:
This weekend will be my 1st time in Berlin! My hotel is right on the Alexanderplatz.
Now, I'll have to add Bebelplatz to the itinerary...

It's not far from the Alexanderplatz. If you walk down "Unter den Linden" you'll pass it. Just behind the "Staatsoper", on the left side of the road, opposite the "Humboldt University".

Enjoy Berlin! ;)

Rayder

Take a copy of the movie into class and prove to them that they were all wrong... make the wager that if you are correct (which you are) then you can watch the whole film during class

Stoo

Indy Geek said:
Take pictures to empty book shelves monument (the one that´s on the ground covered by a glass).
Thanks, Geek! I'll definitely look for it.:whip:
Jens said:
It's not far from the Alexanderplatz. If you walk down "Unter den Linden" you'll pass it. Just behind the "Staatsoper", on the left side of the road, opposite the "Humboldt University".

Enjoy Berlin! ;)
Danke, Jens! That is great to know! Maybe I'll write about it in the Globe-Trotting section. I've been doing so much lately!:D
Are you from Berlin?

Nurhachi, my mother is a high-school teacher and she really looks down on stories like yours.
I can only imagine how frustrating this must have felt but if you want to follow up on this,
be cool about it. Screw the bet/wager idea (unless you make it a sportsman's bet or something fun...)

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

yeah i have it on my ipod ill bring it in.............. whats next the holy grail was found at the well of souls? :)

Indy_Chic

Nurhachi1991 said:
a few days ago at school were covering ww2 so the teacher asks if anyone has seen the thirs indiana jones film so im immediatly paying attention anyway he asks what were the nazis doing outside the castle while indy was saving his dad. i gave a confused look and said nothing they wernt doing anything. Than he goes yes they were burning books! I said no that was waaaaay after he saved his dad. he goes no your wrong they were buring book outside the castle.......... im like no they went back to berlin to get the grail diary back from elsa because there was more to the diary than just the maps! he still diddnt agree with me and the class was like dude your wrong they were burning books outside the castle :mad:

Whoa! That teacher is silly.:p Good on ya for standing up for yourself! True Indy spirit. :whip:

Nurhachi1991

the funny thing was when we were arguing i sounded like indy and just started yelling random phrases

like they diddnt need the diary because MARCUS HAD THE MAPS!!!!!!!! lol

Indy_Chic

Nurhachi1991 said:
the funny thing was when we were arguing i sounded like indy and just started yelling random phrases

like they diddnt need the diary because MARCUS HAD THE MAPS!!!!!!!! lol

Hahaha thats hilarious! (y)

Nurhachi1991

Perhilion said:
See, if my classes had discussions about Indy then I might pay attention.

no kidding a class teaching nothing but indy would do wonders test scores would go up and hey its history right? 9th and 10th grade learns the history of young indy than 11th and 12th learn about older indy its an even balance