How do you think it will all end?

Nurhachi1991

We are living in dangerous times where really anything can happen the end could be just around the corner but what do you guys think will happen? it could be the collapse of the U.S. to a Nuclear war that could annihilate us all. Who knows what tomorrow holds in store.

Better get our lead lined refrigerators ready.

Agent Z

I think that we have always lived in dangerous times, but didn't have the media barrage that we presently "enjoy" to remind us of it.

What are the hot topics currently?

Bird flu pandemic.

Disappearing Honey Bees' potential devastating impact on crops/economy.

Sinking US economy, the extinction of the middle class, potential crime wave from economic hardships

Global warming

Nuclear annihilation almost seems like an easy way out these days....

I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy though. There is new science and technology on the horizon that will not only "save" us from ourselves, but could potentially strengthen us and provide a future that's not just tolerable and functional, but exciting and full of promise.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed kiddies.

Huh huh... he said "Refrigerator."

william-perry-refridgerator-400-010807.jpg

fridge.jpg

Gear

Well, I think it's true that there have always been dangerous times, except the game has simply changed.

Speaking of dangerous.

In the paper I read about a recently built "Atom Smasher" in Switzerland I believe.

It is a ring 17 miles in circumference under ground built to try and prove the exsistance of alternant dimensions, theoretical particles, etc. However, some theorists and other scientist say it may cause a danger to us and the planet or destroy Earth entirely.

Some time ago (about two years) scientists reported that they had created "strange matter" in a laboritory. This annomilly lasted for 1/100 of a second and took up a space of 1/1000 of an inch. This was the result of smashing two atoms together in the right conditions.

(edit) This article was in some science magazine. Popular Science perhapes. I apologize, but I didn't think I'd have to site at the time.

Scientist opposing this "Atom Smasher" say it could create a black hole or release harmful 'particles'.

The Smasher is due to be tested in August.

Anyway. Don't get upset. Life is to short.

BOOM!!!!!!

...................... see.

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

I think the 2012 thing is about as big of a joke as ManBearPig.

I think that Isreal is going to take out Iran because Isreal has nuclear capability and Iran is trying to get it. Than after Iran is a crater I think that Russia will get involved because they already told Iran they have their back or something to that effect. Than we will most likely get dragged into it.

But as far as The U.S goes I think we will collapse from the inside I hate to say it but I think thats how it is going to be :(

IAdventurer01

Well, the planet's certainly screwed by the end of the century because since the industrial revolution the oceans have been absorbing the excess CO2 in the atmosphere. While so many are worried about the debatable issue of global warming, the oceans have absorbed so much that starting merely a few years from now all shelled organisms in the sea will loose their protection, meaning they will summarily die out. Once these shells which then took on so much of the CO2 at one time disintegrate, most of the CO2 from years of heavy polluting will burp back into the atmosphere and essentially destroy the OZone in one swift stroke, dooming most life on the planet.

Suggested solutions are stopping ALL pollution now or dumping the entire White Cliffs of Dover into the ocean to equalize the PH level.

So, yeah. That's how I think we'll all go. Cheers! ;)

The Man

Only a matter of time and powerful idiots...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcW_Ygs6hm0&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcW_Ygs6hm0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Indy~Annie

did any one notice in Clover Field when the monster took over,the date was 5/22/08.:rolleyes: lol

at the end listen to what he says to the camera.he says the date.:p

even if the monster did happen i wouldnt leave the theater.;) lol

MaxPhactor23

gear guardian said:
Well, I think it's true that there have always been dangerous times, except the game has simply changed.

Speaking of dangerous.

In the paper I read about a recently built "Atom Smasher" in Switzerland I believe.

It is a ring 17 miles in circumference under ground built to try and prove the exsistance of alternant dimensions, theoretical particles, etc. However, some theorists and other scientist say it may cause a danger to us and the planet or destroy Earth entirely.

Some time ago (about two years) scientists reported that they had created "strange matter" in a laboritory. This annomilly lasted for 1/100 of a second and took up a space of 1/1000 of an inch. This was the result of smashing two atoms together in the right conditions.

(edit) This article was in some science magazine. Popular Science perhapes. I apologize, but I didn't think I'd have to site at the time.

Scientist opposing this "Atom Smasher" say it could create a black hole or release harmful 'particles'.

The Smasher is due to be tested in August.

Anyway. Don't get upset. Life is to short.

BOOM!!!!!!

...................... see.

You beat me to it. I'm typically on the side of science...but here I can't help but be on unstable ground. They try to calm the critics by saying that the world won’t come to an end, but do they really know what will happen when they switch the damned thing on? Isn’t that the entire point of the experiment, finding out what does happen when it’s switched on? That would mean they haven't a clue as to what will actually happen, they only have theories. Scientists have been wrong before. If there are credible scientists opposing this so-called atom smasher, we should not be willing to risk this. Some day some scientist is going to attempt to learn something not meant to be learnt by human minds and….goodbye human race! All because of one lonely and selfish nerd irresponsibly poking and prodding. We won’t even have a choice in the matter. Personally I wish someone would come along and blow the damn atom smasher to, well, atoms.

Niteshade007

Well this topic is...bleak...

I always hope for an apocalypse before exams. I also say I will be extremely pissed if it happens immediately after college or after exams. All that work for nothing.

Gear

MaxPhactor23 said:
You beat me to it. I'm typically on the side of science...but here I can't help but be on unstable ground. They try to calm the critics by saying that the world won?t come to an end, but do they really know what will happen when they switch the damned thing on? Isn?t that the entire point of the experiment, finding out what does happen when it?s switched on? That would mean they haven't a clue as to what will actually happen, they only have theories. Scientists have been wrong before. If there are credible scientists opposing this so-called atom smasher, we should not be willing to risk this. Some day some scientist is going to attempt to learn something not meant to be learnt by human minds and?.goodbye human race! All because of one lonely and selfish nerd irresponsibly poking and prodding. We won?t even have a choice in the matter. Personally I wish someone would come along and blow the damn atom smasher to, well, atoms.

Well, they've more than likely done this or similar projects before.

Have you heard of the "Philadelphia Project"?

They also did experiments messing around with crafts reverberating in space/time before, if you choose to believe these are true.

I'm sitting here thinking about how they said it could discover evidence or prove the existence of alternate dimensions. Have you heard of "Shadow People"? They've been seen all over and no one is quite sure what they are. Some think they are ghosts of people who are lost and confused while others think they are inter dimensional beings .

Have you seen the film The Mist? In the movie the government/military was experimenting with 'door ways' to different dimensions and it got out of hand allowing all sorts of inter dimensional beings to roam the Earth.