TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 12-03-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
jenniferelise
IndyFan

I am a creative person and I like to make stuff. I have a china cabinet full of Southg American "replica" artifacts, and I think it would be cool to have the golden idol from the Raiders amongst the other things. So, anyone have any insight in how to make my own. I was thinking clay and gold paint. Any theories?
jenniferelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
Pale Horse

My first question would be, what sort of mediums are you comfortable with. What mediums do you have access to?
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 05:09 AM   #3
jenniferelise
IndyFan

The only thing I was able to think of was potter's clay. I have never really done anything like this before, but I know that potter's clay is convenient because as long as you keep it wet, you can still mold it. Whereas something like plaster of paris would be a bit of a pain because I would have to make a mold to pour the plaster into and I don't know how to make a mold. If you have suggestions for materials I would love to hear them, because I don't really have any ideas.
jenniferelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:47 AM   #4
ob1al
IndyFan

I think that resin is a popular material for making idols, although I don't attempt to make them myself - but I know a man who does, check out http://www.indyprops.com

Regards

Al
ob1al is offline   Reply With Quote