The Soundtracks Collection - Concord

Luke Skywalker

Benraianajones said:
Do any soundtracks for LC currently exist that contain that small section of music that plays whislt Donovan is rapidly aging?

Yes it is.

The only music missing from the bootlegs is 'The floor is on fire'

There is a track called like that in the boots, but its a previous scene.

michael

I'm interested to know what finale/end credits they will choose for the Temple of Doom soundtrack. I mean there are 3 from what I know of. I'll be rooting for the one that has the British Troops cue that goes into the Raiders March.

emtiem

michael said:
I'm interested to know what finale/end credits they will choose for the Temple of Doom soundtrack. I mean there are 3 from what I know of. I'll be rooting for the one that has the British Troops cue that goes into the Raiders March.

Yeah; the one in the film has that bizarre and sudden thumping on the drums just before the final reprise of the Raiders march; it's quite a shock!

Luke Skywalker said:
The only music missing from the bootlegs is 'The floor is on fire'

There is a track called like that in the boots, but its a previous scene.

It'll be good to have this, though, as I've never found a bootleg with anything less than rubbish sound quality.

What I'd really like is a re-recording of Crusade by a better orchestra: ideally the LSO! Some of the bootlegs have concert pieces taken from the soundtrack, and this verison of the Raiders March is the worst ever: I had to conclude that there was no conductor present at all! Shocking!

michael

Picture of the Box Set...and pre-order at amazon.

510lS8h9yhL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones...bs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1222306073&sr=8-5

Crack that whip

That's indeed what it says! I have to imagine the concert arrangement of "The Raiders March" (aka Indy's theme) that's been dropped from the Raiders disc to make more room for the film-specific score proper has been moved to the interview disc; perhaps if we're lucky it'll have some additional material... (y)

Last edited:

Darth Vile

It's still somewhat of a mystery as to what they will contain. Will it be the full monty or just a couple of additional tracks?

I'm hoping that the individual CD's for TOD and TLC are extended versions, and that disc 5 contains other never before released music (similar to the original Star Wars Anthology box set).

There is so much good music, especially for TLC, that is as yet unreleased... I?m just hoping that we get those key pieces that I need in my collection e.g. "Journey Across the Himalayas", "Underground Chaos", "Portuguese Coast", "Full Tank Chase", "Elsa's fate" etc.

Crack that whip

Darth Vile said:
It's still somewhat of a mystery as to what they will contain. Will it be the full monty or just a couple of additional tracks?

I'm hoping that the individual CD's for TOD and TLC are extended versions, and that disc 5 contains other never before released music (similar to the original Star Wars Anthology box set).

There is so much good music, especially for TLC, that is as yet unreleased... I?m just hoping that we get those key pieces that I need in my collection e.g. "Journey Across the Himalayas", "Underground Chaos", "Portuguese Coast", "Full Tank Chase", "Elsa's fate" etc.

It's pretty clear at this point the CDs for the second and third movies (both in the box, and the individual releases shortly after) will indeed be expanded, though they definitely still won't be complete if they're single discs. That said, there's indeed plenty of room for lots of additional material beyond what we got the first times around, particularly for Temple of Doom.

Darth Vile

Crack that whip said:
It's pretty clear at this point the CDs for the second and third movies (both in the box, and the individual releases shortly after) will indeed be expanded, though they definitely still won't be complete if they're single discs. That said, there's indeed plenty of room for lots of additional material beyond what we got the first times around, particularly for Temple of Doom.

I hope you are correct. ;)

I can live without every single piece of music ever recorded for TOD and TLC, but there is probably circa 20-30 minutes of material that is a must (IMHO). They certianly should be able to put an additional 20-30 minutes onto those 5 discs no problem.

Any particlar piece that you are drooling in anticipation of?

michael

Well, here is the official press release.

http://www.jwfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1052&Itemid=1

INDIANA JONES: THE COMPLETE SOUNDTRACKS COLLECTION - OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 27 September 2008
5-CD set produced by Laurent Bouzereau includes EXPANDED VERSIONS of Raiders, Temple of Doom, and Last Crusade, PLUS additional previously unreleased music from the films.

Concord Records to Release Indiana Jones: The Complete Soundtracks Collection on November 11, 2008!

On November 11, 2008 Concord Records will release Indiana Jones: The Complete Soundtracks Collection. This limited-edition boxed set will include all four of Oscar-winning composer John Williams' soundtracks for the Indiana Jones film series - RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and this year's summer blockbuster Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of the original soundtracks for the first three films. The set will also include a bonus CD featuring additional previously unreleased music from the films, as well as excerpts from interviews with Williams, director Steven Spielberg, and executive producer/story creator George Lucas in which they discuss the making of the music for these historic films.

Produced by Laurent Bouzereau, the boxed set will be presented in a handsome, embossed leatherette slip case with a full-color booklet that offers more than 25 pages of behind-the-scenes photos, storyboards and other memorable images from the films. This new set reintroduces and expands the first three iconic Indiana Jones soundtrack albums, which have been collectors' items for many years.

"I've had the great honor and pleasure of visiting the behind-the-scenes of the four Indiana Jones films from several angles: first as a writer/director/producer of documentaries, then as a collaborator on a book chronicling the making of all four films," Bouzereau says. "I felt I had come full circle when I was asked to collaborate on assembling expanded CD soundtrack albums for Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The result represents a unique musical experience for listeners and fans of the now-classic film series that stimulates the imagination and makes you want to watch the films again."

With 45 Academy Award nominations and five Oscars® under his belt, John Williams has composed many of the most famous film scores in history, and has collaborated with Steven Spielberg for the past 35 years on 23 films including Jaws, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial and Schindler's List. Williams also composed the acclaimed scores for George Lucas' STAR WARS saga, Superman: The Movie, Memoirs of a Geisha, and the first three Harry Potter films.

Source: Concord Records.

Mike00spy

I wonder that since the original 3 cds are already expanded, what will the final disc contain?

There is plenty of room on that disc (I can't imagine the interviews being that long).

It might be possible that some unreleased music from Skull will make it. It would make sense that way- they wouldn't have to produce an new batch of Skull CDs, since it appears that they are just throwing in the exisiting disc into the set to begin with. Hopefully the complete jungle chase might be included.

Concert pieces are another possibility- "Parade of the Slave Children" and "Scherzo" probably the ones that have been included on previous John Williams collections.

Frank V

I think (and hope) no extra music for The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is included. The original trilogy is expanded, but a full cd can only include 80 minutes of music. That means still a few minutes is missing for Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Temple of doom is missing about 25-30 minutes and The Last Crusade about 35-40 minutes which means there's no space left if they include all the music and some interviews on the extra disc.

I hope the tracklists will be revealed soon so we know exactly what's on the discs.

Darth Vile

Frank V said:
I think (and hope) no extra music for The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is included. The original trilogy is expanded, but a full cd can only include 80 minutes of music. That means still a few minutes is missing for Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Temple of doom is missing about 25-30 minutes and The Last Crusade about 35-40 minutes which means there's no space left if they include all the music and some interviews on the extra disc.

I hope the tracklists will be revealed soon so we know exactly what's on the discs.

By the looks of things (unless they throw us a curveball covered in sh*t), it looks like we'll pretty much get all the major cues that have been missing for all these years... :D

Crack that whip

It should be noted the fifth disc can't hold all the missing material that won't fit on the first four (especially since it'll be partly interviews), but there could be an excellent selection of additonal cues from both Temple and Crusade, and perhaps even from Skull as well. I'd imagine the classic version of "The Raiders March" that opened the previous Raiders albums will be retained on the fifth disc, but I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough...

indyrcks

brilliant I am going to get the complete scores on cd because the music from the Indiana Jones films is brilliant :D