Chachapoyan Temple light trap

Magda

Raffey said:
Hey! Everyone knows that the Hovitos have one laptop and since the time its keyboard was accidently sprayed with poison frog juice, nobody can touch the sucker! :p

I didn't do it! :eek: :p

Deadlock

Raffey said:
Hey! Everyone knows that the Hovitos have one laptop and since the time its keyboard was accidently sprayed with poison frog juice, nobody can touch the sucker! :p

I can prove that those Hovitos spent all day sitting on their thonged behinds! These tribesmen let a white boy college professor outrun them ON THEIR OWN TURF. And for being "great hunters", they can't even hit something the size of Indy's head as he swims (and fairly slowly at that) to a plane. Prettty sad.

Hovitos = Couch Potatoes :)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Raffey said:
Just kidding. Booby traps are normally a one shot deal, no? They don't need to get back into the wall.

Well, maybe they don't <i>need</i> to get back, but they did get back twice. First they got Forrestal, and went back. Then Indy triggered them, again they went back. Then Satipo/Sapito/Stupido triggered them.

Original Raider

Deadlock said:
I can prove that those Hovitos spent all day sitting on their thonged behinds! These tribesmen let a white boy college professor outrun them ON THEIR OWN TURF. And for being "great hunters", they can't even hit something the size of Indy's head as he swims (and fairly slowly at that) to a plane. Prettty sad.

You know Belloq had something to do with that, he probably introduced them to wine. They were all drunk!

Raffey

Deadlock said:

You try running at full speed and throwing a spear wearing a thong! :p

I'd be more worried about getting sawed in half than trying for speed and accuracy. :D

sneakypete

A Power Source

Remember that there's a river nearby - a system where it is harnessed a power source by the booby traps is not inconceivable. If the water is channeled down some clay pipes and could run over a wheel that would in turn pump up bellows for the blow darts. I'm sure there would be a way for the impaling gate to be powered by the water-flow as well.

As for the light trigger, I'm guessing it is more a matter of heat than light - perhaps it is keeping a rubber bladder of water in the opposite wall warm. When it is cooled in the shade, it could contract a fraction, expelling some water and triggering the trap.

Jimmy

HAHAHAH Hey everyone, I gotta say that this thread was highly entertaining for me. The post replies on here were hilarious!!! Thanks for the laughs, haven't had a good one in awhile. :D

theinfiniteweird

No one has yet asked how they were able to make a weight sensitive trigger. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't see how it can be done, like the light and blow darts.

Just thought I'd mention that one as well :)

Indy Bone

Hovitos Temple light trap

What could have made those spike jump out and scewer Florestall just by stepping into the light? On my IMDb thread, theinfiniteweird told me there was a discussion on this topic over here some time ago, and that some of the theories were intersting. Ideas, anyone?

Yay! Indy emoticons!!

:) :p ;) :confused: :mad: :dead: :whip:

Jay R. Zay

roundshort said:
I would love to hear a convincing answer, I fell this is the largest hole in the entire series.

jesus... i think a big hole in the series is that there are ghosts in the ark. i've never seen a ghost in real life. or perhaps that one man fights hundreds of nazis. or that somebody dies within seconds just by drinking from the wrong cup.

yes indiana jones is a crappy trilogy. no realism. i think, george and steven were lying to us. perhaps there never WAS an Indiana Jones back in 1936? perhaps the whole thing is just a fantasy-action adventure? i really should stop watching this crap and look for some better documentaries.

roundshort

Jay-Z, a little sand in your hole? easy dudester, dang! wife nagging you, getting beat on at work, etc. . . .

Sure we watch movies for escapeism, but when a movie is as excellently crafted as RotLA comes out, with such attention to detail, the light trap in the temple is pretty huge . . .

Don't give this guy too many meds at once . . .

P.S., Co. Vogel, thanks for the link to the old thread, fun reading!

Last edited:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Jay R. Zay said:
jesus... i think a big hole in the series is that there are ghosts in the ark. i've never seen a ghost in real life.
Its not a ghost...its the Angel of Death.;)

Paden

Jay R. Zay said:
yes indiana jones is a crappy trilogy. no realism. i think, george and steven were lying to us. perhaps there never WAS an Indiana Jones back in 1936? perhaps the whole thing is just a fantasy-action adventure? i really should stop watching this crap and look for some better documentaries.

It's cool how one reply can take a thread from mildly seasoned to extra spicy. :D