The Indy Cast

DocWhiskey

Oh, man! I'm totally in for the Connery Contest! We have to do this. It'll be a ton of fun. Good idea Pa-uh-Rocket.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Man... it must be a REALLLLLLLLLLLL slow news day. I am off to a Yankee game tomorrow, if I am up to the challenge tomorrow night I will record my segment. That is unless something better comes along... ships that pass in the night.. we will see what Mrs. Connery has in mind first. If not I will be recording my segment.

indycast

Mitchellhallock said:
Man... it must be a REALLLLLLLLLLLL slow news day. I am off to a Yankee game tomorrow, if I am up to the challenge tomorrow night I will record my segment. That is unless something better comes along... ships that pass in the night.. we will see what Mrs. Connery has in mind first. If not I will be recording my segment.

Just remember to send your entries in to indycast@forcecast.net

*** No Zardoz impersonations! ***

DocWhiskey

Mitchellhallock said:
Can't wait to hear how they do things the "Chicago Way"... you hear me, Doc? I am calling you out!

Haha. I'm sure we do it as bad as everyone else. :p

But I accept your challenge sir! We shall do battle...of the Connerys!

PS: So, we're just sending Ed our Connery impression of any lines we want or LC lines? We got to set some ground rules. And Ed, you can't use these impressions in any future Indycasts, they'll probably be as good as blackmail.

"Give me the cash or I'll play your Sean Connery impression on indycast episodes #78-111!" :p:p :p

Last edited:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
If word of this gets out I can kiss my election to office good bye... I will definitely lose the Scottish-American vote... and anyone with an ear for bad imitations.

Mitchellhallock said:
If word of this gets out I can kiss my election to office good bye... I will definitely lose the Scottish-American vote... and anyone with an ear for bad imitations.

If you don't do it they might label you a flip flopper!

As Rob suggests the Race against evil speech seems like a good start.

"The quest for the grail is not archaeology, it's a race against evil. If it's captured by the Nazi's the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth! Do you understand me?"

Seems like a good common test.
Freestyle can be ANY Sean Connery you want no longer then 15 seconds.

Sound reasonable?

Robis, can you post the sound files on your poll page allong with the poll?

MAN! This is going to be U-G-L-Y!(y)

I only wish I could see you jackasses walking around practicing your Sean Connery impressions like a bunch of mental patients!

See you at the finish line!:hat:

Well, if everyone else agrees, I think this speech would be ideal for the contest (you can just right-click this link and hit "Save Target As"): http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/25/2066114/Connery%20Contest%20Line.mp3

I say we each record our impression of Connery's reading of these lines, email it to me (robisindy@gmail.com), and I'll play it all during the next Indy Opinion and put the poll up on the site. We'll give it the standard two weeks, and see where the voting ends up. Or I guess Ed could play them, I just figured we could make them part of the Opinion segment since it was going to be another poll - it just kind of seems to fit there.

Remember, the quest for the best Connery impression is not archaeology, it's a race against...something that probably is rather insignificant. :p

Let me know what you guys think. If you have any suggestions, I'm certainly not insisting on this - I'm just throwing out an idea.

EDIT - Sorry, I was writing my reply while Rocket was posting his suggestion - looks like we were saying almost the same thing. Frankly, I could take or leave the freestyle part, I'll leave that to everyone else to decide. I think we could just record the one.

And yes, I could play the files during the next Indy Opinion segment and then also post them with the poll on the website.

indycast

C'mon, this definitely has to be put on the show.....

I'm sure the listeners will probably think Sean* has come out of retirement.

* Sean William Scott

robisindy said:
EDIT - Sorry, I was writing my reply while Rocket was posting his suggestion - looks like we were saying almost the same thing. Frankly, I could take or leave the freestyle part, I'll leave that to everyone else to decide. I think we could just record the one.

And yes, I could play the files during the next Indy Opinion segment and then also post them with the poll on the website.

I'm on board...I vote YES for the freestyle...I think it'll be interesting to hear what everyone else picks and mixes it up so there's some anticipation and it's not so cut and dry. Plus the surprise will make it funnier!

...and this should DEFINTELY go on the show!

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm on board...I vote YES for the freestyle...I think it'll be interesting to hear what everyone else picks and mixes it up so there's some anticipation and it's not so cut and dry. Plus the surprise will make it funnier!

...and this should DEFINTELY go on the show!

Alright, freestyle is cool. So we'll record the "quest for the grail" speech, and then just pick some other Connery line from some other movie - each one has his choice.

Now we just need Doc, Mitch, and Ed to agree to the terms, and we're set to make podcast history (maybe, I don't know - has a Connery voice-off ever been done on a podcast before?)! :confused:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I say we do the whole show in our best Connery impressions and let the Indyfans tear off their ears in frustration.

Remember boys, in this race there is no silver medal for second place.. now if you will excuse me I am going to watch Sean in "The Avengers" movie as a voice study guide......... then I will tear out my eyes when I see him and those giant teddy bears.. and they say "Crystal Skull" sucked - HA!

drwynn

I'm in...even though I wasn't invited. Simply because...

"...the quest for the Grail...is NOT about archeology. It's a race against evil!"

Goonie

Can we recite episodes of Celebrity Jeopardy?

InDianaJones2.jpg