TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 03-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #51
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Those articles are ridiculous. Trump and Clinton are too old for a second term? Trump will be 74 for his second term and Hilary would have been 73 in 2020.

Did everyone forget Bernie was 75 last year when running for president?

Let's at least link well written reputable articles here...
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #52
DeepSixFix
IndyFan

Logan?

I wonder if anything can be gleaned from the box office and critical success of "Logan," a film that has apparently borrowed from "Unforgiven." A world-weary Indiana Jones on one final mission. It would be a dark chapter, true, but one that could have Jones refusing to go quietly into the night.
DeepSixFix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #53
Finn

Exclamation Moderator note

Looks like some people in here somehow missed the previous note, or are willfully ignoring it. While we're willing to give some leeway in this thread in regards to the topic of Mr. Ford's age and fitness, the age and fitness of US presidents, past, present or future, are severely off topic. At least in the confines of this thread. If you absolutely have to discuss this, head over to Open Discussion and create one for it. Just remember to be on the lookout for any coffee-deprived mods.

And, just so that we're all on the same page here...

That previous note was only step one.

Step two will involve deleting posts.

Step three will involve banning people.

Your move, gang.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:21 PM   #54
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Looks like some people in here somehow missed the previous note, or are willfully ignoring it. While we're willing to give some leeway in this thread in regards to the topic of Mr. Ford's age and fitness, the age and fitness of US presidents, past, present or future, are severely off topic. At least in the confines of this thread. If you absolutely have to discuss this, head over to Open Discussion and create one for it. Just remember to be on the lookout for any coffee-deprived mods.

And, just so that we're all on the same page here...

That previous note was only step one.

Step two will involve deleting posts.

Step three will involve banning people.

Your move, gang.

That's a little extreme...but ok...

Some people are given way too much power.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:03 AM   #55
Pale Horse

Second warning....
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #56
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Second warning....

Second warning for what?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #57
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Does anybody know or have an idea of when filming will actually begin?
I heard some people say October or November of this year - is that too soon?
That would be amazing if true.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:07 PM   #58
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Spielberg has stated summer 2018, which definitely extrapolates from a summer 2019 release date.

In the fall, Koepp mused that he hoped filming would take place sometime this year, but there's no reason to think that will happen, and indeed Koepp is better off spending this year refining the script while Spielberg is off shooting the Oscar Isaac movie and the Pentagon Papers movie.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM   #59
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Spielberg has stated summer 2018, which definitely extrapolates from a summer 2019 release date.

In the fall, Koepp mused that he hoped filming would take place sometime this year, but there's no reason to think that will happen, and indeed Koepp is better off spending this year refining the script while Spielberg goes off to shoot the Oscar Isaac movie and the Pentagon Papers movie.

Really wish it was this year! Best at least it's coming.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #60
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

They're waiting till Ford is pushing 80. Why couldn't Spielberg make Indy 5 before these two other movies? Age obviously isn't an issue because they're just going to reboot or have a sidekick replace him for Indy 6.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #61
seasider
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
They're waiting till Ford is pushing 80. Why couldn't Spielberg make Indy 5 before these two other movies? Age obviously isn't an issue because they're just going to reboot or have a sidekick replace him for Indy 6.

That's more Disney's doing than Spielberg. They have their big franchises to deal with in the coming years including Star Wars and the Marvel movies. Both this year and next year are slammed with big studio tentpole flicks. Having Indy 5 as a late summer 2019 is probably its best chance for the movie to make money. It will also give them time to do all their marketing and theme park tie-ins.
seasider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #62
curmudgeon
IndyFan

http://deadline.com/2017/03/steven-s...st-1202040913/

"The Post" is now looking at a late-May or early-June production start for a release in time for award season, meaning that work on Spielberg's Mortara is getting pushed back. The article doesn't offer any info on when Mortara might start, and nothing on how or whether the move impacts Indy.
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #63
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Interesting that The Post is being that fast-tracked. I don't see these developments impacting Indy, though. I bet Mortara will shoot in autumn or winter.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #64
seasider
IndyFan

Last I heard they were having casting issues with Mortara. Spielberg still has not yet found a child actor he likes after auditioning hundreds of kids. Coincidentally, this will be the 2nd time Spielberg has put The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara project on the backburner in favor of a Tom Hanks movie.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #65
TheFedora
IndyFan

So saw this rumor online and it seems pretty fake, a bit too detailed tbh

http://www.starwarsjunk.net/indy5.html
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #66
seasider
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora

Interesting but I doubt it's legit. I like the idea of delving into Belloq's backstory but the bit about him also being mentored by Abner feels too much of a stretch. If that were true then why does it seem like he and Marion have never met before in Raiders? I would think they would've crossed paths. I mean Marion is basically the reason why Indy and Abner had a falling out in their relationship.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:38 PM   #67
curmudgeon
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora

Between the rumor referring to Marcus in a non-flashback context and the site being full of uncaught spelling errors, I'm thinking that whoever ran that story isn't very bright.
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #68
Demi-Lune
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider
Interesting but I doubt it's legit. I like the idea of delving into Belloq's backstory but the bit about him also being mentored by Abner feels too much of a stretch. If that were true then why does it seem like he and Marion have never met before in Raiders? I would think they would've crossed paths. I mean Marion is basically the reason why Indy and Abner had a falling out in their relationship.

Belloq and Indy meeting when they were mentored by Abner Ravenwood was in one of the fake Indy IV scripts that was circulating back in the day. Indiana Jones and the Sword of Arthur, IIRC.
Demi-Lune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:31 PM   #69
TheFedora
IndyFan

Granted i have a feeing its fake, however what I found interesting is that this is referring to a return to India. As far as I know, Indy didn't revisit any locale in the previous movies... anyway it does have the mix of old/young Indy in here too. And yeah the thing about the Abner mentoring both Indy and Belloq also in the fake script does sound suspicious too.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #70
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

The concept's not terrible, really, and is along the lines of what a number of fans have proposed already. Retconning Belloq as a student of Abner is a bit lame, but it's certainly something you could imagine Koepp and Spielberg foisting upon us after the Harold Oxley fiasco. It also appealing dusts off an early idea for Temple of letting us see Indy and Belloq back when they were still collaborators.

No idea how much stock to put into this, but they could definitely do worse than this foundation.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:57 AM   #71
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
The concept's not terrible, really, and is along the lines of what a number of fans have proposed already. Retconning Belloq as a student of Abner is a bit lame, but it's certainly something you could imagine Koepp and Spielberg foisting upon us after the Harold Oxley fiasco. It also appealing dusts off an early idea for Temple of letting us see Indy and Belloq back when they were still collaborators.

No idea how much stock to put into this, but they could definitely do worse than this foundation.

I agree. Actually, with a bit of tweaking I wouldn't mind seeing an Indy V based around this sort of a premise. My only hope is that Harrison's Indy gets at least 50% of the screen-time and that a bulk of that is him in action, in the driver's seat, not talking or watching someone else fight. I want Harrison to go off on a high note. That said, the rest sounds pretty cool. I do think finally introducing Abner in some way would also be really neat, but I don't think Belloq should be his student too.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:26 AM   #72
Silvor
IndyFan

Not a fan of this plot rumor.
It just seems incredibly cliche with old Indy sitting down to tell a flashback story. Kinda cringeworthy like something you'd see on a crappy tv show.
Let Ford have his last Indy movie to himself.

Last edited by Silvor : 04-09-2017 at 04:43 AM.
Silvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:26 PM   #73
Walecs
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvor
Not a fan of this plot rumor.
It just seems incredibly cliche with old Indy sitting down to tell a flashback story. Kinda cringeworthy like something you'd see on a crappy tv show.
Let Ford have his last Indy movie to himself.

This.
Walecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #74
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

"Kingdom Skull" writer "David Koepp"
Old 04-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #75
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

"Indiana in the early to mid 1960s, and still trying to adjust to a married lifestyle and being a new grandfather."

So Mutt had a kid between 1957 and the early 60s?