Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #26
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drones33
Isn't this something of a contradiction to what you say in the 'Indy should have had a daughter' thread? Something about how Indy having a daughter "would've made KOTCS better and more interesting" because it was a "sausage fest".

....I think you lack reading comprehension skills. Indy would've been better served by having a daughter in KOTCS rather than a son. But now that that cat's out of the bag, since, you know, Shia was Indy's son in KOTCS, bringing in a second long-lost child in Indy 5 would seem kind of hokey. I hope that's simple enough for you to understand.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:55 AM   #27
Finn

While I agree that in general, long-lost relatives are a pretty clichéd plot device, I still wish that people would pay some notice to the fact that in Indy's case, the offspring type would be entirely justified. Consider:

He's not exactly a chaste hero. Knowing how nature works, it's actually pretty outlandish to not figure he's got a bastard or two hiding somewhere.

Okay, but if he does, why assume they're all the adventuring type, as well equipped to take on the danger as their dad, or at the very least hang in there? Well, first of all, screw realism. He lives in more of a caricatured world of adventure anyway, so anyone can be equipped to a degree.

But if you absolutely have to justify it, well... they've certainly got the genes. I mean, their moms are likely floozies Indy's come across over the course of his adventures, and they've survived those ordeals - some perhaps even thrived in them.

So yeah. Now, I can definitely hear the audience groaning if they just have one magically pop up and give some token line about mom being Willie Scott, blah blah blah... But if it's presented right, it could actually grow into a hilarious subversion of a character having his typical james bonding ways catching up with him.

Last edited by Finn : 04-10-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #28
seasider
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
So yeah. Now, I can definitely hear the audience groaning if they just have one magically pop up and give some token line about mom being Willie Scott, blah blah blah... But if it's presented right, it could actually grow into a hilarious subversion of a character having his typical james bonding ways catching up with him.

Years ago Spielberg joked about having a scene for Indy 4 where Indy is confronted by his ex-lovers which would've included Marion and Willie. I don't know that a scene like that would work in Indy 5 but I could see the humor in it if it fits with the rest of the movie.
seasider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #29
JollyGreenSlugg
IndyFan

Indy having an "adorable" 5-7 year old granddaughter?

no thanks...
JollyGreenSlugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #30
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreenSlugg
Indy having an "adorable" 5-7 year old granddaughter?

no thanks...
But Indy having a hot 25-27 year old daughter...

YES.
Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #31
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider
Years ago Spielberg joked about having a scene for Indy 4 where Indy is confronted by his ex-lovers which would've included Marion and Willie. I don't know that a scene like that would work in Indy 5 but I could see the humor in it if it fits with the rest of the movie.

It wasn't just a joke - as I recall the "Saucer Men" draft had a scene where Indy's old flames show up to his wedding.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote