Story of trilogy on Record, Cassette, and CD

Exulted Unicron

I'm currently downloading them right now. So I can't wait to hear them. I've never heard these before, although I've heard many of the Raveners talk about them before. Many thanks to those who uploaded these

this is my audio and pictures of the "Raiders of the lost ark " movie on record put on youtube ,enjoy the story and pics in five parts .

Willie

WOW That's quite the treasure trove here. I think I've said that quite a few times already. ;)
I've downloaded some files on my computer that still work and Thank you to everyone for posting the links and the images. (y)

harvey

Just in case someone hasn't had a chance to listen to this week's IndyCast, we have a release date for the FIRST IndyCast Read-Along Adventure.

Coming February 14th,"Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Death Mask"!!

Presented in the style of the old "book and record" read-alongs, this adaptation of the comic book tale from the Lost Treasures UK Magazine #1 will whisk you back to those thrilling days of?the 80?s!!

Remember - be sure to turn the page when you hear the bullwhip crack like this: :whip:

indyclone25

UIMJ said:
Cool! Thank you! I used to have the Raiders record with the awesome book... it would be cool if someone could PDF the books that came with these records because I wouldn't mind seeing them again.
i have tried to find the links but sadly they are no longer there , :(

indyclone25 said:
hey everyone just to let you know you can still download the storys of raiders temple amnd last crsaude from these links http://drop.io/pitp8s8# and http://drop.io/x5vb953#so if you havent downloaded them , what are you waiting for?:D
the links no longer work:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Crispy32

The movies on Record

Though I've had the Raiders and Temple stories for some time - (I can't tell you how many times listening to them on long journeys has made the experience less tiresome), it's through this group that I've finally completed the Trilogy with Last Crusade. (Thanks to Moedred)

Like the films that spawned the stories on record, Raiders is still the one for me for its wonderful audio evocation of the film (and without a Voice over!). Last Crusade is still a great listen and a great way to end the trilogy.
Although I'm one of the naysayers about KOTCS, for completist reasons alone is there a KOTCS movie on record available?

If there is can someone point me in the right direction - does a big X in the library floor mark the spot? Who knows, maybe my opinion might change about KOTCS?;)

indyclone25

so far no story on cd for kotcs , only the audio book and it doesnt even have the movie musci on if i recall . i havent listen ed to it since it came out in 2008. maybe i'll listen to it again this weekend
:)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
i have them copied onto my computer( the booklet ) they were abit to big for my scanner but they are decent enough to see, i had them downloaded so everyone can enjoy them ,you can view the booklet on this thread
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?p=470551&posted=1#post470551

This is worth another look as it is a beautiful product, prehaps one of the best in terms of Indiana Jones merchandising. Recommended to all fans.

001a.jpg

001b.jpg

backcover.jpg

012.jpg

Also, just for comparission - The Temple of Doom - Movie on a Record.

000-1.jpg

00a-1.jpg

Img01.jpg

Img03.jpg

Img10.jpg

Img14.jpg

With the tools available to the average fan, I'm surprised an audio Crystal Skull product hasn't been made...hmmm.

Great product:
JuniorJones said:
This is worth another look as it is a beautiful product, prehaps one of the best in terms of Indiana Jones merchandising. Recommended to all fans.

001a.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
With the tools available to the average fan, I'm surprised an audio Crystal Skull product hasn't been made...hmmm.

I imagine everyone who has read this thread is thinking the same thing...

davidraphael

Hi all,

I'm looking for a lossless (ie, WAV, FLAC, SHN or APE) copy/rip of 'The Story of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' CD. Preferably with high-res scans of the cd artwork.

Does anyone know where I might get this?

thanks a lot!

dR

edit: I just saw that indyclone25 has a copy ( I can't work out how to PM!).

If he or anyone else would like to upload this item for me, maybe we can work out some kind of digital trade. I don't have lots - and you've probably already got them - but do any of these interest you?

DVDs
Making Last Crusade
Making of Raiders
Great Movie Stunts - Raiders of the Lost Ark
Making of Temple of Doom

I also have several Star Wars DVDs:
'Making ofs' Star Wars, Empire, Jedi
Making of a Trilogy
Kenner Star Wars commercial
Star Wars 8mm and 16mm prints, etc etc
Deleted Magic
Star Wars Begins /Building Empire/Returning to Jedi, etc

Edit2: While I'm at it, does anyone have any of the Story of LPs in lossless format? I have Temple of Doom on vinyl and I have Raiders, the movie on record (but only as mp3), but it'd be great to have lossless copies with hi-res artwork scans.
If you've got them, maybe we can trade somehow...

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
davidraphael said:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a lossless (ie, WAV, FLAC, SHN or APE) copy/rip of 'The Story of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' CD. Preferably with high-res scans of the cd artwork.

Does anyone know where I might get this?

thanks a lot!

dR

...and nice to meet you, too! Erm...quailty reproduction, high quailty scan smells like your looking to sell bootlegs?

Perhaps if you got involved in the community and contributed perhaps someone might be receptive.

davidraphael

My apologies; I really should have introduced myself better.

Hello all!

I assure you that I am not interested in selling bootlegs at all, quite the opposite - I am a respected member of various rare/unreleased music and DVD trading circles (I collect a lot of jazz, classical, soundtrack- and quite a bit of rock, too) and I'm even a member of a couple of groups that actually exposes bootleggers who try to sell their garbage. I cannot stand the shysters who do this and I have helped 'liberate' their ill-gotten wares on numerous occasions. The recordings I trade always come with the admonishment: "NEVER buy or sell bootlegs".

I don't like mp3 because I believe in preserving recordings/releases in the best possible condition/format - ie, uncompressed.

I'm also a BIG Indy and Star Wars fan (have been since I was a kid - Star Wars and Indiana Jones WERE my childhood) and I have a quite a few pieces that I have collected over the years.
In fact, I'm a big movie fan period, especially the golden age of Hollywood and 1920s /30s/40s culture - I even collect period fedoras!
Here's my latest beauty that I'm very pleased with from the 1930s/40s:

82401195.jpg

Apologies if got off on the wrong foot - it wasn't intentional; I was perhaps a little overly enthusiastic and gung-ho.

all the best,

dR

Last edited:

indyclone25

well i like i have said having all put both raiders and temple on mp3s from the actual records is fun . i just recieved temple and raiders in cassette form unopened, so now i have to find time to transferr those to mp3 for a better ,clearer sound than what the album sounded like. last crusade cd is the most awesome story read by john rhys davies.:D

davidraphael

Hi there,

My advice would be NOT to convert the cassettes to MP3: Do a proper lossless/uncompressed rip to WAV and/or the more compact FLAC format.

Once you have these lossless masters you can always still also create mp3 versions for your mp3 player etc, but it'd strongly recommend you create an uncompressed master copy first!

all the best

dR

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
JuniorJones said:

001a.jpg

001b.jpg

backcover.jpg

012.jpg

Also, just for comparission - The Temple of Doom - Movie on a Record.

000-1.jpg

00a-1.jpg

Img01.jpg

Img03.jpg

Img10.jpg

Img14.jpg

I thought it seems a shame not to post the trilogy...

01-2.jpg

02-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

;)

InexorableTash

The Story of... KOTCS?

We're missing "The Story of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"

Obviously, it was never officially made - these things have gone out of fashion. But... should that stop us? Anyone interested in collaborating on making one?

Easiest would be Raiders-style - just an abridged version of the movie's audio tracks and no narration, but I haven't internalized the movie enough to know if it would hang together without any. (The motorcycle chase and jungle chase come to mind as potentially problematic.)