Raven News

Gustav

Hello, Raven and welcome to this first edtion of Raven News. Your primary source for news.
Front Page
First off is the Raven related news. Tonight somebody posted that they were giving up a huge super cool ultimate deluxe poster from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Gustav happily accepted it and claimed it as his; thus making Gustav the rightful owner.
And Marion is still winning the "Marion, Willie or Elsa" Poll by a longshot with Elsa coming in second with less than half of Marion's votes, leaving Willie in last place witgh a mere 6 votes. As with the latest voter, indifan101, the fact that Elsa was apparently in cahoots with the nazis seems to be the main thing losing her votes.
MissDefense, one of the Raven's newest members has made quite a landing on the scene with 26 posts in just 4 days.
Weather
The weather is TOO DAMN WARM! Especially for this time of the year.
Sports
Who wants to read about Sports? If you are interested in sports you probably already know what is going to be said here so from now on the Sports section will be reserved for riddles. Maybe you've heard this one before: Those we caught, we threw away; those we couldn't catch, we kept.
Breaking News
The new film Rocky Balboa didn't suck with a raging vengence. In fact it was pretty good.
In Other News
Gustav is working on Christmas and hasn't requested New Year's Eve off yet. This is said to be distressing the cool, attractive genius because he has reportedly found something very groovy to do on New Year's Eve. Raven News will keep you updated on the developing story.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Gustav said:
Hello, Raven and welcome to this first edtion of Raven News. Your primary source for news.

Great idea, with all that's going on at the Raven right now, it's was just getting too hard to keep up... :rolleyes: ;)

Gustav

Raven News #2

Front Page
Breaking News
According to several reliable scources Indiana Jones 4 is beginning production for real this time. Indiana Jones fans all over the world rejoice. Lucas says the fourth installment will be a "character piece" and will have "interesting mysteries" but I'm sure you know this. The film's official title hasn't reached the ears of Raven News yet if there is one and it is set to begin filming in June of this year for a May 2008 release.

Weather
Global Warming seems to be quickening pace. It's still very warm for this time of year, but then again I'm in Florida and I'm used to Virginia weather.

Sports
Guess how many fingers I am holding up. The winner will be sent $5 American. Seriously. There are more Raveners than I have fingers so hurry up and get your guesses in.

Other News
Saddam Hussein Hangs
The guy was executed old style. Some mourn, some celebrate. Few are indifferent. What else is there to say?

IAdventurer01

Wow. Hard to believe some actual Indy news would get to be posted in one of these things! :)

Nice summary, by the way.

Viper

Using several complicated mathmatical equations, I have concluded that you are holding up 24 1/7 fingers!

...What?

P.S.- Seriously, my guess is 6 fingers if you mean both hands, or 3 if just one hand.

Gustav

Sorry, Viper. All three of those are wrong. And I am talking about both hands, but keep in mind that doesn't mean I couldn't be holding up one finger in one hand and two in the other. Doesn't really matter though, I might as well hold three fingers up on one hand since nobody can see.

From the files of ...........THE IMPERSONATER. "This is ..The impersonator , I am a cold case journalist for the Raven news", (he thinks he can impersonate anybody but really everybody can always tell its him because he uses the same monotone voice with no matter who he is trying to imitate. He also is investigating how many fingers Gustav is holding up,using satelite technology from his Ravenwood minivan he zooms in on Gustavs residence and declares that "Gustav is holding up 4 fingers with one hand and a bong in the other....Astonishing!" "."This has been a report from.....THE IMPERSONATER" GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK

Gustav

Sorry, but 4 is not the correct answer.

Nonetheless, we could use someone with your expertise here at Raven News.

Last edited:
THE IMPERSONATOR: I..... am a freelance reporter.... so .........this would be an un...be.....lievable opportunity,......thank you.....and as I always say dont blame yourself when people blame you for stuff you didnt do because usually it was me..... imitating you.;)

Finn

Staff member
Gustav's holding up three fingers.

<small>...and you better say I'm correct or I'm going to fry your hide.</small> ;)

Gustav

It's not three. They are my own fingers. My fingers are human fingers. Whole fingers. Attached to my hand/s. Thumbs count. They don't happen to be in an orifice ... right now.

Gustav

VP said:
3. 7. 10? Where's the ten? Look for the ten.

The answer is ten. The five dollars is yours, VP. Now Raven News just needs your mailing address. Or I could leave it in a brown paper bag in the trash can next to the leafless maple tree in battery park when the blue flamingo flies through the barn doors on fat tuesday. Whatever is easier for you.