i see that todds has a new indy hat.....

Thanks a lot for all the info! I have decided to go with the Downtowner, esp. for the price, it really can't be beat!

On a side note, lol, when I saw you at the Hollywood Plams in your gear, my friend was like..."dude, look at that guy, he has a better hat than you do!" I knew from that moment on, I need a Downtowner, lol!

-IndyFan4Ever:whip:

indyclone25

the downtowner does look good on me i must say . and todds is a great way to get indy gear a low prices --- when you get your hat you must post pics

Oh ya, of course I'll post pics...maybe make a movie too, lol! I currently own a Peter's Bros. raiders fedora...It is okay, but they don't have the right crown...the company makes good hats, but they seem to specialize in cowboy hats, rather than Indy ones....that is why Todd is a good choice, I just bought the Downtowner, and I can't wait to put it on my head!!!:gun:

Jack Nelligan

Hat info

I just got the Uptowner and couldn't be happier! It has the perfect color and the crown is perfect for any Indy bash you want to put on it. I got the KOTCS bash and changed it to the LC. It is 4.5" tall and i have worn it in the rain and it held up great! It is soft yet firm and is a true fedora. I have heard that the Downtowner is too stiff. I did sray mine down with scotch guard and it didn't affect the color at all. It has a white satin liner with no markings and generic leather sweat band. Nice hat all around!

indyclone25

thats good !!!! now that the downtowner from todds is also being reworked witha smaller crown most people may go with that also --- it is a little stiffer but a great looking all the same

indyclone, curious again about the rain. You compared it initially to your Dorfman. After a few months and some wear and tear... do you still think it stands up? It's taking the rain well?

Looking to buy one, but I don't want just a costume piece. I want something that will be practical, so durability in every day conditions will decide whether I get a fedora at all. Definitely don't plan to spend any more than $100...

indyclone25

i have both hats and had little rain time on either hat other than a light misting from sprinkles in the air, looking foward to getting into the snow season in a few weeks here in chicago and find out how the downtowner and the uptowner fair, the downtowner is still stiff and my uptowner is still in good shape . like i said i will have to wait for the snow :D

indyclone25

Todds has the uptowner and downtowners back in stock !!!! so if your looking for a nice hat , Indy style , you can't go wrong with Todds

indyclone25 said:
Todds has the uptowner and downtowners back in stock !!!! so if your looking for a nice hat , Indy style , you can't go wrong with Todds

Saw that.

Eh... I probably will get one. I dunno... not too thrilled with how Todd handled my jacket though. He seemed disinterested in the picture evidence I provided him and instead told me that all the jackets are the same, no exception. Personally if someone's telling me something doesn't seem right after they spent hundreds with you and have expressed interest in spending more, I think I'd take the two minutes to look at their photos. Instead I'm not going to give Todd's jacket another go and I'm not going to go to him for a custom. I'll buy a jacket elsewhere.

Mickiana

I got an Akubra Federation Deluxe a couple of years ago and its great. I can definitely recommend it. I have a Penman Raiders on the way and I can't wait to get it. After what you told us about Todds, I wouldn't have anything to do with him and I would spread the bad word of your mistreatment by him. To not try to help is extremely poor business on his part. Imagine how many might read your story and say to themselves, Well, I'll take that recommendation against.

indyclone25

i have dealt with todd for my two hats (uptowner and downtowner) my shirt my satchel and strap , my leather jacket , and the staff of ra medallion, and had no problems , and many others have been happy , sometimes in any business there is unpleasantness, but don't go and berate the guy , he has good products and he is very good at doing returns on products , so i hope that one bad turn doesnt put any body off from buying from todds costumes :D

indyclone25 said:
i have dealt with todd for my two hats (uptowner and downtowner) my shirt my satchel and strap , my leather jacket , and the staff of ra medallion, and had no problems , and many others have been happy , sometimes in any business there is unpleasantness, but don't go and berate the guy , he has good products and he is very good at doing returns on products , so i hope that one bad turn doesnt put any body off from buying from todds costumes :D

Nah, all is good-- everything's been sorted. I got my refund and I propositioned a custom goat but he said he could no longer get the hide...

indyclone25

well thems the breaks sometimes :D after halloween he was out of a lot of stuff and i pretty sure christmas time is pretty busy for him as well . right now todd is working on the logistics on making pants which is something i am looking foward to. but i still need to order the boots then i will be as close to screen accurate thats possible ---lol(y)

oh to answer an earlier question ----- i have worn both hats out in the snow while shoveling here in chicago and both have stood up very well , the downtowner doesnt even look like it was touched by the snow coming down and the uptowner is still hoding up excellent these hats have been great and money well worth spent

Last edited:
I just had a very nice experience with Todd the other day. My boots **** out on me and he just went ahead and replaced 'em. My faith has been restored in his customer service-- well beyond the call of duty on that, I think.

Anyway, I've decided I'm going to buy a hat from him now because of that experience. I want the Uptowner.

Indyclone, what's your experience with waterproofing it? Should I?

I've asked this on COW but no one's yet responded.

Mickiana

Point taken Indyclone25, I must have been in a bad mood that day. I get sick of poor service wherever it happens. Although, if Todd hadn't finally helped RA out with a refund....

indyclone25

i have been treated well by todd on every purchase :D --- so far i havent done any thing to my uptowner or my downtowner and they have both stood up well to the snow this winter and some rain this fall i will take pictures of the hats later today so you can see what they look like now , most likely you will not see much of a difference tho :D