-=PloKoon's newbie thread=- important information disclosed.

PloKoon

Hello all,

I am posting this rather late, but it's still around the time I joined so I figured I should at least aware you all of my presence.

I've been an Indy fan since as far as I could remember, only now I have I taken the next step in the fandom. I remember being around five or six, and my dad bought me a child's fedora. My dad is and has always been a fedora wearer; whether Indy inspired his fedora wearing craze, I'll never know. All I can say, is my dad raised me on Star Wars and Indy, and I thank him every day for that. Many of my friends in high school have nothing to be avid about, no passion, no want to do something pure like a hobby. Well, my hobby for some time now, is Game Development, and of course my various fandoms.

I was planning to keep this a complete surprise to the community, but I am slowly revealing information about it. In my hunger to be an Indy fan, I wanted to not only watch the movies, but play in Indy's world, live a life like him. I first began to look for Indy mmorpg's (massively multiplayer online role playing games). I had no success, so I looked for Indy single player games and stumbled upon the wonderful SNES classics and of course the two more recent games on the PC.

Something was missing, and I knew it. I wanted to share my experience with other players playing right beside me. I wanted to be in this world, able to go where I want, able to explore what I want. So, I began dabbling with different game engines to attempt to create a simple Indy game, after testing the mechanics, I thought to myself, "This could really work."

So, I brought my interest to a new game engine, one that would allow me to bring this World of Indiana Jones to life. This free multiplayer online Indiana Jones game is in pre-beta, and is being tested by various members of The Raven, a few of them you probably know such as: Indy Chic and Safari Sarah. I am not planning on releasing anymore info until I have contributed to the forums by having more posts. Do not worry, I will do my best to make sure these posts are planned well and thought out. I am doing this because I do not want to show up one day and have little or no posts releasing a game I really think the community will enjoy.

There are various ways you can get your hands on a current copy, I'll leave it up to you guys to find out.

:whip:

Last edited:

PloKoon

ha thanks, and I'm pretty sure I will make myself home here. IT's a great forums and of course a great community.

PloKoon

You play as his one of his prior students ;)

PS: I think the question is "How 'Did' I do an Indy MMO"

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
You know, Indy Chic, Safari Sarah and I are the Shia Droolers trio..... Lucky for you, I don't do online gaming, otherwise I probably would have taken some offense for being left out of being picked to try it and would have pulled out the frying pan. ;)

Welcome, anyway.

Indy_Chic

Well, I have to tell you guys that this game is a lot of fun and I love it! I can't wait for the finished project!(y)

Violet Indy said:
You know, Indy Chic, Safari Sarah and I are the Shia Droolers trio....

Oh yeah! We're the Shia team. :D

PloKoon

wow, sorry that I didn't realize xD I do my best to stay outta the drooler threads.... might have to take a peek one of these days with my hands covering my eyes and a lil peep hole through my fingers.