Dark Horse Omnibus volume 1

JimmyPSHayes

Just got off the phone with Diamond and they have received that at some of their wharehouses, so it looks like it'll be next week!!! I'll post on Friday when I get my invoice.

Dr.Sartorius

So why does the Diamond Comics website not list the Indiana Jones Omnibus as either a new release or an upcoming release (for Feb. 13)?

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=6&s=430&ai=66536

The Omnibus isn't even listed as a Dark Horse Comics product shipping in February: http://previews.diamondcomics.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=23&s=125&ai=65845&ssd=

But the Omnibus volume 2 is listed as shipping in April.

Also on Amazon, the volume 1 publication date is now listed as Feb. 15...

walker

amazon info

I used to sell to Amazon (and now manage the current sales person) and I can tell you that all of the book data that appears on the site is put there by the publisher. Amazon is just the sales vehicle. So the updated pub date must have been submitted by Dark Horse. There are all sorts of potential reasons for the change. Maybe they wanted to release to collection closer to the trailer release date? Or they had a delay at the printer. Happens to regular books all the time.

And hey, if you happen to go to Amazon UK, search for books using the terms "Fortune and Glory." One of the top results should be the book that the company I work for is putting out just prior to the movie. Kinda fun. You'll know it when you see it. The title idea was mine, I'm happy to say! It's not yet on the US site, but should be soon. Note, we've changed the subtitle from how it appears on the cover, as the original sub (not my idea) sounds pretty silly. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fortune-Glo...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202359975&sr=1-2

Best
walker

Last edited:

Dr.Sartorius

walker said:
I used to sell to Amazon (and now manage the current sales person) and I can tell you that all of the book data that appears on the site is put there by the publisher. Amazon is just the sales vehicle. So the updated pub date must have been submitted by Dark Horse. There are all sorts of potential reasons for the change. Maybe they wanted to release to collection closer to the trailer release date? Or they had a delay at the printer. Happens to regular books all the time.

And hey, if you happen to go to Amazon, search for books using the terms "Fortune and Glory." One of the top results should be the book that the company I work for is putting out just prior to the movie. Kinda fun. You'll know it when you see it. The title idea was mine, I'm happy to say!

Best
walker

You mean this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Fortune-Glory-Douglas-Palmer/dp/0715329588/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202359948&sr=1-4

Sounds like an interesting book. Who's the publisher? And when is it available to buy? May 1?

walker

that's it

Thanks for the head's up. I'm glad to see it's finally listed. Hopefully the cover will be up soon. I'm going to ask the sales rep to get Indy listed as a key search term for the book so that it comes up when people search for books on "Indiana Jones."

I believe the U.S. edition will be available toward the end of March. The publisher is named F+W Publications and the imprint is David & Charles. We also do Writer's Digest titles, Impact Books (fantasy and graphic novel art books), and a bunch of other stuff. Lots of magazines too, like Scrye and Comics Buyers Guide. David & Charles does all of our history related titles.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Apparently, it'll be in store down here in a matter of a few weeks. Meanwhile, they just got the new figures in!!!! I was going to buy Marion today, but only found out after I bought ten bucks worth of comics! Damn.

metalinvader

Violet Indy said:
Apparently, it'll be in store down here in a matter of a few weeks. Meanwhile, they just got the new figures in!!!! I was going to buy Marion today, but only found out after I bought ten bucks worth of comics! Damn.

Are you sure you didn't confuse the Disney figures with the new ones.As far as I know,None of the new Hasbro 3 3/4 figures have been released,They are not coming out till May 1st.

Last edited:

JimmyPSHayes

I'm up late-or early-can't sleep, and decide to check Diamonds website and it turns out my invoice is up and guess what's on it?
OCT070043V INDIANA JONES OMNIBUS TP VOL 01 (C: 0-1-0) 24.95
-IN STORES THIS COMING WEDNESDAY!!! Welcome back Dr. Jones! :hat:

Dr.Sartorius

So is it definite that this thing will be in stores on Wednesday? What's the hold-up? And does the distributor for Dark Horse already them in stock?

JimmyPSHayes

Yes, I can only speak for comic stores, but yes, as we speak they are in transit to comics stores. I don't know about book stores, though.

Tennessee Smith

I requested it fro my comic shop a month ago and became quite irritated when it didn't show. The owner, a friend of mine, blamed diamond because his shop has had a constant issue with them. He told me it was listed 3-4 weeks off. I really hope wednesday is the day.

Dr.Sartorius

Arab Swordsman said:
It looks like mine is shipping today from Amazon so I should have it by the end of the week.

I ordered one from Amazon too. I'm not going to wait till a store receives them and in addition pay more than what Amazon charges.

Wu_Han

I'll pick it up on Amazon after it shows up used. I beat the heck out of my books and I may as well save some green for a reading copy.