The Dark Knight Rises

The Man

The Bat. The Cat. The Cab.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x_s-RmS6Q3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

JP Jones

Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to "Batman" Rises even more than the Dark Knight when it's first trailers were coming out.

*Anyone think Batman Rises is a 1000% better title?*

WillKill4Food

JP Jones said:
*Anyone think Batman Rises is a 1000% better title?*
Almost anything other than "The Dark Knight Rises" is a 1000% better title. Too bad "The Dark Knight Returns" is already taken by the comic.

TheMutt92

I suspect at the length there has to be at least a fair amount of footage, as opposed to the VO only teaser for TDK...

kongisking

featofstrength said:
Bane sucks and Tom Hardy is over-hyped.

You must be thinking of Batman and Robin's Bane. Trust me when I say that that version of him was NOT accurate.

And like I needed another reason to see Deathly Hallows Part 2...:cool:

TheMutt92

In anticipation of the trailer...

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-rises-teaser-poster/

The questions: is Gotham being destroyed or rebuilt? Is that debris falling or, as the title suggests, rising? The composition also suggests a Gotham citizen looking up and seeing the outline of a bat as the only bright sky (and it isn?t even particularly bright) against the devastation of Gotham, implying that Batman gets his redemption and a truly heroic end to this trilogy. But there is so much damage ? that?s not quite the dream of redemption and heroism that many of us might have.

TheDarkKnightRises_TeaserPoster.jpg

Montana Smith

Looks like the Bat will have to cleanse Gotham through destruction, in order to rebuild it's moral centre...

Destruction will be unavoidable as he comes down into the city, and both he and Gotham will fall further before they can rise again.

That's what the poster says to me. I like the composition.

The Man

TheMutt92 said:
I'm reminded a lot of some of the poster work for Inception: towering buildings crumbling to the ground...

As the campaign's opening salvo, it's mildly atmospheric. Can't wait for the next three hundred one-sheets...;)

JP Jones

Not so impressed by the poster. I was hearing a lot of things about Nolan trying to get an otherworldly Gotham feel, and this certainly doesn't look like Gotham. I hope the fact that it's just a poster will mean that we'll have a better looking final movie, but this is disappointing.

Another thing that sort of worries me is that none of the secret set photos are at night. I'm really hoping for a Batman Begins like atmosphere, so I'm still looking for a sign that it could be the case.

TheMutt92

JP Jones said:
Another thing that sort of worries me is that none of the secret set photos are at night. I'm really hoping for a Batman Begins like atmosphere, so I'm still looking for a sign that it could be the case.

A lot of the night shots for BB were shot on soundstages and sets which are being reused for TDKR. It's possible that's is what they are shooting on.

kongisking said:
You must be thinking of Batman and Robin's Bane. Trust me when I say that that version of him was NOT accurate.

And like I needed another reason to see Deathly Hallows Part 2...:cool:

No, Im thinking that he was one of many lame 90's cash-cow comic creations. C'mon, a Bat-villain that is both smart AND strong enough to match Batman? And almost immediately bests Batman by putting him out of commision? What a slap in the face to the other villains that had been trying for 40+ years. And he got to be on the awesome Batman TAS almost concurrent with his comic emergence? He's not that good.
He's not as crappy as Marvel's Carnage, but Bane is close. Slightly below Doomsday, though.

Ya'know, not everyone's knowledge of Batman comes from the Schumacher movies. Or the Adam West show.
Don't be one of those Bat-fans.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb9VSIT8lY8

JP Jones

TheMutt92 said:
A lot of the night shots for BB were shot on soundstages and sets which are being reused for TDKR. It's possible that's is what they are shooting on.
That's what I'm hoping for.;)

Just to prove my point on the "Batman/Gotham" feel I would like to see...

batman-arkham-city-20101011071059663_640w.jpg

That screams BATMAN!

the-dark-knight-opening-scene.jpg

That uummmm... doesn't.

Last edited:

The Man

Read with caution/hope/skepticism...

Trailer opens with studio logos set on top of the blue flame from Dark Knight.

Start panning up some buildings, but to screen card. EVERY HERO HAS A JOURNEY.

Cuts to a shot from Begins with Bruce walking up to that Village when he?s looking for Ra?s

Screen Card: EVERY HERO HAS AN END

Ra?s voice over: If you make yourself more than just a man. If you devout yourself to be ideal. And you become something else entirely. A legend Mr. Wayne?.A LEGEND!

Screen Card: THE EPIC CONCLUSION

Cut to Gordon in a hospital bed laying on his side. Looks to be in serious pain. Has A breathing mask on. Is talking to someone.

Gordon: We were in this together, then you were gone??.Now this Evil rises. The Batman?..HAS to come back.(all this is said in a very raspy voice, in much pain)

Bruce/Batman(its not shown who he?s talking to, so don?t know in which form Bruce is visiting him in. My guess would be as Bruce Wayne) : What if he doesn?t exist anymore?

This part is the hardest to understand in the entire trailer, I listened to it at least 10 times but the score is over powering here and Gordon is having trouble talking. It sounds like if says Humor me while trying to laugh. I might be wrong here, full disclosure.

During this quick talk we?re shown a shot of the bat cycle when it drives up the ramp from Dark Knight, Gordon destroying the Act Signal all cut in with the Hospital. As well as super fast flashes of Bane?s face.

Pan up crumbling buildings to reveal the teaser poster, the camera zooms to the white opening and on an all white screen the title appears. The score reaches a fever pitch before turning over to The chanting from the website.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Fades to black and then we see Batman backing away from something, then Bane enters from the left side of the screen. Very quick shot then the trailers done.