Wested Jacket questions/concerns?

amschneiderfilm

I ordered a size 40 Raiders jacket. Everything is awesome, but the action pleats stick out when I raise my arm . Anyone else have this issue?

Glenville86

I have read about this before and if I remember correctly, loosening the straps have helped reduce it. I have a couple of my too many Indy jackets that do it but figure it will work out after wearing them for awhile.

Mickiana

The action pleats are sticking out with your arms down, not just when you raise them. It's true they look like they are sticking out too much. If your tailor cannot fix it, ask Wested to remedy it.

amschneiderfilm

Right, my arm is raised slightly in that photo. Just ever so slightly though. My tailor said he's going to bring in the pleats by 2 inches. I just hope he doesn't mess it up! 😧

Mine did the same thing - I e-mailed photos (almost exactly like yours) to Wested, and they had me ship it back so they could narrow the back panel a bit.

amschneiderfilm

LZeitgeist, I contacted them too and they told me I could send it back or take it to my tailor. What did they alter on yours? My tailor isn't altering the back panel, but bringing it in where the action pleats start. Hopefully they're doing it right.

amschneiderfilm

Got my jacket back from my tailor and what he did seemed to help quite a bit! Still sticks out, but only very slightly! Glad to have a Wested! Think I'm sold on them for the future.

amschneiderfilm said:
LZeitgeist, I contacted them too and they told me I could send it back or take it to my tailor. What did they alter on yours? My tailor isn't altering the back panel, but bringing it in where the action pleats start. Hopefully they're doing it right.

As I understand it, they tapered the outside edges of the back panel somewhat, leaving the top the original width and taking more off as they went downward.

They said that they needed to "narrow the back".

I'd been afraid they meant they were going to deconstruct the back panel entirely and narrow the whole thing, with the consequence of bringing the unaltered sleeves in closer and thereby shortening them (which concerned me, because my sleeves came out to be exactly how long I wanted them to be), but that was not the case.