The Adventures of Indiana Jones animated fan project

Lambonius

This is one of those times when it's literally painful to see something so god-damned good, but also knowing that it may never go beyond the short concept stage. Here's hoping this makes enough waves to catch Disney's eye. Damn. :hat:

Dr.Sartorius

EddyW said:
Finally, here it is, The Adventures of Indiana Jones! It?s been a long journey getting this made and I?m very excited to finally share it with you all! I hope you will have fun watching it as much as I had making it and please let me know what you thought of it.

Get that whip crackin?!

https://youtu.be/iE8v5WDbbC4

Amazing work, Patrick! Us Indy fans need to start a campaign to get Disney to fund a series. :whip:

Finn

Staff member
Lambonius said:
This is one of those times when it's literally painful to see something so god-damned good, but also knowing that it may never go beyond the short concept stage.
This, so much. You watch that, giddy as a schoolboy, knowing you want to get more, so much more... and know at the same time that you never likely do.

Z dweller

Never say never, guys...

Come on Disney, embrace this concept and give Patrick the job, he fully deserves it ! (y)

Henry Jones VII

Patrick you did an amazing work with this short film, really wonderful artwork and animation. It truly feels like an Indy adventure.

I hope we can in the near future watch an Indiana Jones tv series with you at the helm.

Congratulations,

Cheers

Lance Quazar

YES, PATRICK!! YES!!!

BRAVO, this is OUTSTANDING! Better than I was even hoping for!!!

Absolutely marvelous work, you're a towering talent.

Thank you so much for all the effort and love you poured into this.

I'll be watching again and again (and again!)

TheFedora

This is truly a labor of love, and I can tell that there is so much effort put into this from every angle. I would love to see more if it is at all possible, although I don't know how that may be made reality. Still, a true master work.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
That is truly excellent work, Patrick, somehow managing to give every critical element of the series its due in little over a minute.

And if the love interest who appears is who I think she is, it's nice to see a certain redheaded psychic getting some exposure, too.

IAdventurer01

Other than being slightly confused in hearing what sounds like a musical cue from Batman when Indy lands on the tank, absolutely phenomenal!

The entire thing is great, but his stumble into the classroom at the end for some reason particularly brings a smile to my face. Wonderful work! :D

EddyW

Cheers guys! It's been a long journey making this and I'm glad to see the fans enjoy it.

Loved it!

But now I'm disappointed I won't be waking up tomorrow, fixing myself a bowl of sugar and milk, building a pillow fort, and catching the latest adventure.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Love this so much Patrick - this is beautiful and captures the essence and the imagination of Indiana Jones. To be honest I'm really sad we don't have an animated series just like this right now!! I hope Disney pays attention to this coz it's that damn good! All my friends have been watching it too and saying the same thing!

Congratulations on your efforts!!!! (y)

TheFedora

Attila the Professor said:
That is truly excellent work, Patrick, somehow managing to give every critical element of the series its due in little over a minute.

And if the love interest who appears is who I think she is, it's nice to see a certain redheaded psychic getting some exposure, too.

Indeed, I hope if this project continues, Fate of Atlantis can someday be animated too. I would like that a lot.

BlueCoronado

Ok let's discuss the possibilities here vs. The young Indiana jones thread.

Directors? Artist? Voices? Stories? Animated Movies? Disney plus?

PilotJohnGrant

Ross Marquand does a great Harrison Ford voice, he played Han Solo in the Phineas and Ferb Star Wars Special (jeez that's really gonna show my age.)
He'd be my choice for an early 30s Indy.

Story wise, I'd sort of like it if they went for with that era covered in the MacGregor/McCoy novels.
Have him going on fun episodic adventures like The Mandalorian but have a ongoing arc where it's about him figuring himself out as an adventurer.
Also would like it to have a few familiar faces in there too, like Wu Han, Sallah, Short Round and maybe even Sophia Hapgood.

I've said before but I'd love the animation/art style to be like the 2003 Clone Was series or Samurai Jack, that hand drawn action oriented style. Something like this...
758fdeb76035703a449b72819a6d5530.jpg

But that might be unlikely so I'd settle for something like the current Bad Batch/Clone Wars style or like the upcoming Marvel What if style.

BlueCoronado

Ross Marquand does a great Harrison Ford voice, he played Han Solo in the Phineas and Ferb Star Wars Special (jeez that's really gonna show my age.)
He'd be my choice for an early 30s Indy.

Story wise, I'd sort of like it if they went for with that era covered in the MacGregor/McCoy novels.
Have him going on fun episodic adventures like The Mandalorian but have a ongoing arc where it's about him figuring himself out as an adventurer.
Also would like it to have a few familiar faces in there too, like Wu Han, Sallah, Short Round and maybe even Sophia Hapgood.

I've said before but I'd love the animation/art style to be like the 2003 Clone Was series or Samurai Jack, that hand drawn action oriented style. Something like this...
758fdeb76035703a449b72819a6d5530.jpg

But that might be unlikely so I'd settle for something like the current Bad Batch/Clone Wars style or like the upcoming Marvel What if style.
I would of loved a animated indy like clone wars. But I think 2d animation would be more appreciated

PilotJohnGrant

3D animation feels all wrong for Indy.
What about stop-motion like the Laika films?
The Missing Link was inspired by Raiders and looked pretty good. Fit well with the whole stylised globe trotting adventure feel. Plus some fun action scenes.

MV5BMjI2OTA5MzktNWU4Mi00MTk0LWJiNDktNzQyYzA1Yjk0ZjZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI1NzMxNzM@._V1_.jpg

laika_sp_02.jpg

Could be good. Though tbh I don't think they'd do it since it takes so long, although you can make 3D animation look like stopmotion, like The Lego Movie or Worthi on YouTube.