Dan Aykroyd says Crystal Skull is "great."

Insomniac

avidfilmbuff said:
I know I've already mentioned this in the "Harold Ramis" thread, but since nobody paid any attention I figured that this was worthy of its own thread.

http://www.delish.com/cooking-shows/food-tv/dan-aykroyd-wine-ufos
Great!
Glad to hear he like he Interdemential beings as I do!
DA: Did you see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? It is so great! It just nails UFOs so beautifully. So eloquently.
D: I?ve seen a UFO.
DA: You?ve seen a UFO? Wow, where? You can speak freely. I?m a consultant for Mutual UFO Network (MUFON). Tell me the story. Where were you?
D: It was in 1981 and I was in Westchester, New York. My father was driving home and saw this very, very bright low star. We got out the binoculars and it looked like neon scribble, or a football grid.
DA: How high up? Figure the commercial airlines fly at 30,000 feet.
D: Probably something like that. A few hours later, all of a sudden it just shot straight out.
DA: Yup, oh yeah.
D: It seemed like a UFO to me.
Rally interesting interview!

Chewbacca Jones

This reminds of the time you tried to drill a hole in you VCR...

I can believe that Aykroyd would favor Indy 4. Knowing what his original concept for the Ghostbusters was, and what he generally like to write, it makes sense. It would appeal to him, for sure.

kongisking

Thank Shiva ONE of these jokers appreciates this fabulous movie! I love ya, Art Weber!

Maybe he can return in Indy 5, in a bigger role?

DocWhiskey

All we need is Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson's opinion on Indy 4 and the circle will be complete. The key master and gate keeper shall unleash Gozer's Armageddon! Human sacrifice, cats and dogs livin' together! Mass hysteria!

BadDates

Chewbacca Jones said:
I can believe that Aykroyd would favor Indy 4. Knowing what his original concept for the Ghostbusters was...

That's interesting - what was his original concept?

BadDates

Darth Vile said:
I think the original concept for the Ghostbusters sequel was the Ghostbusters in the afterlife i.e. dead.

Ah, I see! Interesting to speculate how that would have turned out. I find the actual sequel rather disappointing in some way that I find hard to define...perhaps because the script isn't as sharp and funny as the original. The excellent soundtrack of the first movie also counts for a lot in my opinion. There are some excellent moments in the second one though!

"Wiiiinston..." :)

Chewbacca Jones

BadDates said:
That's interesting - what was his original concept?

For the original movie, Aykroyd came up with the concept of a futuristic space setting, where the Ghostbusters traveled through the galaxy fighting the undead, and the Ghostbusters were more than just a handful of guys. I think they were a larger organization.

Aykroyd is very big on the whole outerspace / sci-fi thing. Aliens, robots, space travel. He has said that just about every idea he comes up with starts out as a space story! LOL

So, a movie that gets so close to Indiana Jones in space must be something close to heaven for him!

BadDates

Chewbacca Jones said:
For the original movie, Aykroyd came up with the concept of a futuristic space setting, where the Ghostbusters traveled through the galaxy fighting the undead, and the Ghostbusters were more than just a handful of guys. I think they were a larger organization.

Aykroyd is very big on the whole outerspace / sci-fi thing. Aliens, robots, space travel. He has said that just about every idea he comes up with starts out as a space story! LOL

So, a movie that gets so close to Indiana Jones in space must be something close to heaven for him!

Wow! That's indeed radically different from the way the movie turned out! :D In the light of that, I completely agree that KOTCS must have been his dream Indy instalment. It's a pity that the gang didn't need another ride with a cargo of live poultry :)

@Darth Vile: I've just realised that I might have misinterpreted your post - when you said "sequel", did you mean GB2 or GB3 (as first proposed circa 1989)?

Darth Vile

BadDates said:
@Darth Vile: I've just realised that I might have misinterpreted your post - when you said "sequel", did you mean GB2 or GB3 (as first proposed circa 1989)?

It was for the original sequel i.e. GB2... but I believe the studio thought it was too "out there".

DocWhiskey

Haha. Maybe it's a guilty pleasure?

You know, I actually like the Super Mario Brothers movie.

I own it on DVD.

It's great in a sense of it's absurdity and silliness. Maybe it's like that?

But I always liked Aykroyd. And it's cool to know he liked Indy 4. But that's as far as I care.

Grizzlor

Well, Ackroyd is much more of a sci-fi guy than Ramis, who is primarily comedy. BTW, I always liked Nothing but Trouble, it's so bad it's good.

Uki

That's pretty cool. Dan is a big sci-fi, supernatural fan, so this figures. Again, as I said in the Ramis thread, I want to see him strap on a proton pack again soon.

IndyFan89

indiana_jones_1.jpg

+

250px-Being.jpg

=

poop.gif

x1,008

Nobody cares what caddy shack 2 thinks.

I'm a big Ghostbusters fan though, at least they haven't made a fool out of me.........yet. (y)