Spielberg Mum on 'Indiana Jones 4'

soapboxtop

LOS ANGELES - Director Steven Spielberg absolutely, positively won't reveal the plot for "Indiana Jones 4."

Spielberg, whose latest film, "War of the Worlds," debuted in Tokyo on Monday, said he and "Star Wars" director George Lucas are working on the movie together.

"If I did that, my really good friend and collaborator would have me on a silver platter," Spielberg told AP Radio. "I gotta be careful because if I tell you that he might take over directing 'Indy 4' himself. And I won't have a job."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050613....BxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

intergamer

"I gotta be careful because if I tell you that he might take over directing 'Indy 4' himself. And I won't have a job."

Hush, Mr. Spielberg! Hush like the wind!

Indydan13

What if the wind is howling and the wolves are hungry for information?

This really says something about their "friendship"....

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
"f I tell you that [Lucas] might take over directing 'Indy 4' himself."

(cricket noises from the fans and media)

soapboxtop said:
"If I did that, my really good friend and collaborator would have me on a silver platter," Spielberg told AP Radio. "I gotta be careful because if I tell you that he might take over directing 'Indy 4' himself. And I won't have a job."

That's why in interviews Spielberg puts his hands together like he is praying... :rolleyes:

roundshort

Look, if we all give some cash I think the going rate is like $25,000 to $35,000 for a hit, Lucas is high profile, but I know a few former Marines who hated Jar-jar so . . .

Joe Brody

temple of john said:
Dude...what are you thinking? These two are notoriously great friends.

I thank Gilles for posting the link to the Slate article that details the relationship. Two words: passive-aggressive.

Good article. . . .gotta start doing more on Slate than just heckling Garry Trudeau.

jjkrogs

If both soley made movies, I could see the underlying resentment argument. But they don't.

Spielberg has clearly made more hit movies, but GL's ILM changes cinema almost daily. You can't really quantify or compare each other because they are studs in two very different areas which compliment and improve each other's product. GL makes Spielberg's movies incredible with ever-improving technology, and Spielberg continues to give GL's ILM bigger challenges, forcing them to get even better at what they do.

So to say, for example, that they compete like Pepsi and Coke, doesn't make sense. I'd say it's more of an IBM/Intel arrangement. They're both competing for business, but they also need each other to sell their "product".

They're very good friends, and throw pranks at each other regularly (ET in the SW Senate chamber, for instance). They both have a great sense of humor. That's as far as it goes, IMO.

Brown Fedora

intergamer said:
"I gotta be careful because if I tell you that he might take over directing 'Indy 4' himself. And I won't have a job."

Hush, Mr. Spielberg! Hush like the wind!

Good lord, please. Somebody shut the man up. If Lucas directs it, can you see it?

We see a teenage Indy standing in front of a group of archaeologists, his face ridden with angst.

"I'm going to be the most powerful archaeologist EVER!"

-Fed