Anybody who still thinks Harrisons age is an issue...

commontone

oki9Sedo said:
Its quite obvious that those are man boobs. You can tell by the shape.
Sarcasm comes across very well on print.

Sorry. It's just a phenomenon I've noticed on internet forums that someone is always there to proclaim their superior credentials...if there's a discussion about, say, bees, someone is absolutely bound to pipe in with "My dad is a beekeeper and I just finished my doctorate in entomology and I think...." It's just very hard to believe claims of credibility on the internet, for me anyway.

oki9Sedo

commontone said:
Sorry. It's just a phenomenon I've noticed on internet forums that someone is always there to proclaim their superior credentials...if there's a discussion about, say, bees, someone is absolutely bound to pipe in with "My dad is a beekeeper and I just finished my doctorate in entomology and I think...." It's just very hard to believe claims of credibility on the internet, for me anyway.

Well I DID actually study human anatomy for two years as part of my degree, but I that doesn't make me better at telling the difference between man boobs and pecs!

In any case, I'm an avid weightlifter and its obvious that he has man boobs. I'm sure there's plenty of muscle there too though.

Vendetta08

Adolf Hitler said:
The prospect of getting a life maybe? Hell, I'm a fan and although I'm not a big collector I do own an Herbert Johnson Poet. But, as much as I am looking forward to a couple of hours in the cinema next May, it is, at the end of the day, only a f*cking movie. I mean is there nothing more important for you to get excited about? Your career, children, family, wife??

Away you damn nazi!

Ska

Adolf Hitler said:
The prospect of getting a life maybe? Hell, I'm a fan and although I'm not a big collector I do own an Herbert Johnson Poet. But, as much as I am looking forward to a couple of hours in the cinema next May, it is, at the end of the day, only a f*cking movie. I mean is there nothing more important for you to get excited about? Your career, children, family, wife??

I do have a career and a wife. And they are WAY more important than anything. And if we are able to have children, they will top the list.

That being said, I never said that an Indy movie is the most important item in my life. But that doesn't mean that I'm not extremely excited for it!

And to not stray too off topic in this thread, I don't care if Lucas wants Indy to have a third nipple in Indy IV. Harrison looks to be in great shape. And most importantly, he seems to be having fun.

It's Indy IV. Enjoy it.

I know I will no matter what. As for the rest of the world, I can't enjoy it for them.

OhioJones

SKAbatula said:
But that doesn't mean that I'm not extremely excited for it!

Harrison looks to be in great shape. And most importantly, he seems to be having fun.

It's Indy IV. Enjoy it.

I know I will no matter what. As for the rest of the world, I can't enjoy it for them.

My thoughts exactly!

deckard24

This thread was funny for a second, but I can't believe Ford's physical shape is under such scrutiny. As I said before, I'm sure Ford at 65 years of age is in better shape than most of the posters on this site. He might be getting older looking in the face, but the guy's physique is incredibly impressive for his age. I highly doubt the majority of people here will look a fraction of as good as Ford does at 65.

Hysterical!

oki9Sedo

deckard24 said:
This thread was funny for a second, but I can't believe Ford's physical shape is under such scrutiny. As I said before, I'm sure Ford at 65 years of age is in better shape than most of the posters on this site. He might be getting older looking in the face, but the guy's physique is incredibly impressive for his age. I highly doubt the majority of people here will look a fraction of as good as Ford does at 65.

Hysterical!

I agree. But they're still man boobs.

Indie House

Adolf Hitler said:

Every 'spectator sport' out there has their hardcore fans... be it television shows, movies or sport itself. And whilst I don't fall into that category, I can feel happy for those that do and admire their passion and elation.

What a wonderful thing it must be to carry the 'child like' sense of wonder through your adult life where everyone else has grown up and lost the ability to find magic in such things.

For all those 'die hards' out there... you go your hardest and enjoy this time as indulgently as you can... and don't listen to those that will try and victimise you for it.

:hat:

No Ticket

I've yet to see enough good photos of Mr. Ford on-set to worry about his moobs. Or bresticles. Or whatever fun term you wanna use. I thought that if you worked out, it would tighten them up again, so that they'd look better. That pic of Ford was before Indy 4 wasn't it?

Eh, whatever. I bet he looks good on film. What we should worry about more than his looks is whether or not the story is gonna blow. That to me, is more likely to be the thing that makes Indy 4 not work.

Professor Jones

Perfectly agree, No Ticket. Besides there are a lot of movies where the protagonist is not young and they're wonderful movies. It all depends on the story, which has, of course, to win the defy of making Harrison's age one point of strenght instead of a weekness.

Adolf Hitler

Indie House said:
Every 'spectator sport' out there has their hardcore fans... be it television shows, movies or sport itself. And whilst I don't fall into that category, I can feel happy for those that do and admire their passion and elation.

What a wonderful thing it must be to carry the 'child like' sense of wonder through your adult life where everyone else has grown up and lost the ability to find magic in such things.

For all those 'die hards' out there... you go your hardest and enjoy this time as indulgently as you can... and don't listen to those that will try and victimise you for it.

:hat:
Ok, fair enough. But one must not let that childlike wonder get in the way of other things.

nezobiwan

Oh, c'mon everyone knew that ILM was the next logical step to the discussion...

Moobs: He should invest in a Manssiere (Seinfeld reference) (y)

Overall Physique: I'm not that superficial; as long as he looks and acts like Indiana Jones, I'm happy. Even if it is an "aging" Indy.

I guess the main problem is that people hate to see the flaws in what was once considered ideal. Indy is an ideal many of us aspired to at one point or another. If our aspirations are flawed, then they may no longer be attractive enough to pursue. Thus the resistance and distaste coupled with the news of a new Indiana Jones movie. Some people prefer to remember Indy in his prime. I myself can't even watch the Young Indy series, though I tried. It's just not the same. And and older Indy will never be the same as original trilogy Indy.

Am I exploring the 'fanboy' psyche a little too closely for comfort?

:confused:

deckard24

Good post Neozobian! I think you accurately described the issue for a lot of people. Indy the character as embodied by Ford was a hero to many in the 80's, and to see him now at the age Connery was playing the "old man" professor in LC, is a bit hard to swallow. A lot of people want to remember their heroes, icons, etc. in a flattering light. No one likes to think of the 1970's, fat, drug addicted, fried peanut butter, butter, and banana sandwich eating Elvis. They like to think of the young, good looking, Heartbreak Hotel Elvis. The same goes for so many actors, musicians, etc.. To see your heroes as older is to realize you're older now as well.

Granted Ford is incredibly fit and still looks good at 65, but he's still 65! He's an older man now nearing 70. He may not play it in KotCS, but it will still be on peoples' minds when they see him on screen again. Continually it will be going through the audiences' heads, wow Ford is not a young guy anymore. Gone is the younger Ford of Star Wars, Blade Runner, Raiders, Temple, etc.. This doesn't mean an older Ford playing Indy won't be entertaining, nostalgic, and fun, but it will be different.