$4.00 Figures at Walmart

Mike D

Still $5.44 here. The one I frequent has about 12 pegs fit to burst which haven't moved in about a month- the figures on the pegs seem to even be in the same order everytime I visit, so I can only assume that most people have given up even looking through them let alone purchasing. Anyway, I'm sure another rollback is inevitable.

vf wing

I hope it happens here soon. I've actually purchased quite a number of single carded figs this week, it'd be sweet to get back a buck and change on each one. Although the part of me that just wouldn't want to go to the trouble of doing all that switching out would probably still win out over the penny-pincher in me :whip:

DearGrailDiary

This being my first reply on a thread here on the Raven I'm hoping I don't screw up the format.

I just got back from a Walmart in the Oakland, CA area and the toy isle is packed 4 pegs high by 3 wide with standard figures, still at 5.44 ea. Not to mention four shelves on an end cap in the toy section that are filled with the cardboard display trays that were once part of the main isle promotional cubes from way back in May. Knowing that some stores are now marking down (rolling back) their Indy figs to 4 bucks makes me think it's just a matter of time until all Walmarts do. We might love Indy, but this line is dead. :dead:

Lance Quazar

Wow.

The closest Wal Mart to me is about an hour away and I never, ever, ever go there.

On the other hand, it might be worth a trip in the coming days to see about this $4 deal. If the shelves are as overstocked as i've heard, it'll be a great last chance to scoop up extras, army builders and custom fodder.

sebillba

Are there any ROTLA Indys (with idol) still hanging around for this sort of price? I've been looking for an extra for ages, but only ever see KOTS figures over here these days. If anyone could pick one up for me please (must have great paint apps though!) I'd be really grateful, and would be happy to pay $10, including shipping (loose shipping to the UK should be no more than about $3). I'd like all the accessories with it, including the relic, but you can keep the sticker.

Please PM if you can help! (y)

sebillba said:
Are there any ROTLA Indys (with idol) ....If anyone could pick one up for me please (must have great paint apps though!)
Please PM if you can help! (y)

There's the rub...I was looking for one with an idol (still $5.44 btw) for a custom, and the 3 they had all looked Chinese or cross eyed...

sebillba

I thought it might be a tall order, but maybe there's still some nice ones out there somewhere.... when they hit the UK, most I saw were actually really good, and I nearly picked up a spare several times, but stopped myself as I thought the line would go on a lot longer, and we'd get a more definitive raiders Indy - of course that never happened, and now I'm kicking myself for not getting one when I had the chance.

DearGrailDiary

Once the 4.00 price tag hits (if it does) in my area it's going to be a great time to pick up loads of figures for custom jobs. I don't think there's a single figure from the Raiders and Crystal Skull lines not collecting dust in Oakland. What really has me anxious is the quality of the paint apps on some of the idol Indy's I've seen at this location as they really are top notch. I'll post a photo when I get home tonight.

sebillba

DearGrailDiary said:
What really has me anxious is the quality of the paint apps on some of the idol Indy's I've seen at this location as they really are top notch. I'll post a photo when I get home tonight.

If you could get one for me, I'd really appreciate it (see my post on previous page). :D

DearGrailDiary

sebillba said:
If you could get one for me, I'd really appreciate it (see my post on previous page). :D

That would really all depend on your favorite Premiership team? I'm assuming Pompy but if you say Le Arse there's just no way! (kidding of course).

I won't be able to get back there until next week and when I was there just a few days ago I saw a few Idol Indy's with good paint aps. Are you looking for solid paint all over or just the head?

sebillba

DearGrailDiary said:
That would really all depend on your favorite Premiership team? I'm assuming Pompy but if you say Le Arse there's just no way! (kidding of course).

You got it mate, Pompey till I die!! How did you guess?! ;)

DearGrailDiary said:
I won't be able to get back there until next week and when I was there just a few days ago I saw a few Idol Indy's with good paint aps. Are you looking for solid paint all over or just the head?

That would be great thanks! Ideally I'd like the whole figure to be good, but an excellent head would be the clincher. I thought I'd got a good one with my Akator Temple, the face looked perfect, but from the sides the mask for the hair had been applied way too high, it looked like he had massive ears! :eek: