Any Agatha Christie Fans Out There?

AnythingGoes

I was just wondering...are there any Indyfans who are also Agatha Christie fans?
You know...greatest mystery writer of all time, inventor of Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple?
Just wondering! :whip:

avidfilmbuff

I've read about 8 or 9 of her Poirot stories, I really enjoy them. Murder On The Orient Express is definitely her best I've read so far. An incredibly suspenseful story with a satisfying twist. I'll be reading more in the future.

WilliamBoyd8

I have read some of her mysteries, as well as her 1946 non-fiction book
"Come, Tell Me How You Live"
about working with her archaeologist husband Max Mallowan in Iraq and Syria.

:)

Montana Smith

Sarika said:
Love Agatha Christie mysteries...
I really enjoy watching David Suchett as Poirot...brilliance.:)

I like the David Suchet version, too. His portayal of the dapper little Belgian is hilarious, and so well executed!

In one of the episodes a character actually said something along the lines of, "Who's that funny little fellow mincing down the stairs?"

I find that Poirot is much more watchable than Miss Marple.

AnythingGoes

Montana Smith said:
I like the David Suchet version, too. His portayal of the dapper little Belgian is hilarious, and so well executed!

In one of the episodes a character actually said something along the lines of, "Who's that funny little fellow mincing down the stairs?"

I find that Poirot is much more watchable than Miss Marple.
You're thinking of 'Death on the Nile'! One of my favorites!
Salome Otterborne: "Don't push me into the sea!"

Montana Smith

AnythingGoes said:
You're thinking of 'Death on the Nile'! One of my favorites!
Salome Otterborne: "Don't push me into the sea!"

Apparently they used the exact same boat that was used in the Peter Ustinov film. I used to think that Ustinov was the best Poirot, but now Suchet has taken the crown!

AnythingGoes said:
Have you ever read And Then There Were None? Best. Mystery. Ever.
:D :D :D

I haven't...I read Curtain and had the most vile of reactions to it. I can't remember reading anything and feeling so cheated, and angry. Enough to never want to touch another Agatha Christie novel EVER.

Imagine:

a "serial killer who "goads" others to commit his crimes through suggestion, Ugh!(n)

A villain maybe, but serial killer? Please.

What legacy is left of Poirot except that he became what he despised, a murderer.

avidfilmbuff

Who can possibly hate this song?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hmx6dQJf_rk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hmx6dQJf_rk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

avidfilmbuff

I just discovered this a while ago. This is going to be great.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K89xgioWOWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K89xgioWOWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Meerkat

I've only read one of her books (A Murder is Announced) and watched a movie (Death on the Nile.) Agatha Christie is a pretty good writer. (But I have to say, while reading A Murder is Announced I kind of got tired of reading about old ladies gossiping. :rolleyes: )

avidfilmbuff

I've just finished reading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Wow, I mean seriously, wow. I won't reveal anything, but Christie certainly took some risks with this story, and it was all worth it.

If you haven't read this yet, what are you waiting for?

XanaduEli

my father, last time i checked was a big fan of Agatha Christie, i myself have only ever watched on movie and that was Miss Marple...something, i forgot the name, but hey it was pretty good. My school has some Agatha Christie books so i will have a look after the summer:gun:

AnythingGoes

I saw Suchet's Murder on the Orient Express Sunday night and I have to say it was incredible! I found myself crying at the end but you don't want to hear about that.
There will be three other Episodes realised...all I know is that one of them is Hallow'een Party.
Cheers!
:whip:

roundshort

Bump

I have just completed all the Poirot novels, and most of the short stories, and i have to admit they are probably my favrotie light haearted reads around. I am looking forward to seeing the Suchet MOTOE remake, but I do love the original, what a cast!

It was Andy's thread on a lsot movie where 10 Little Indians/ and then there were none, was mentioned several times. I do urge anyone who likes creepy atmopsheric movies to check out the 1945 version. Great movie. Then for kicks, check out Murder by Death (but watch the old Charlie Chans and Big Sleep first)