Lost

oki9Sedo

Much as I really enjoyed the first two seasons, I stopped halfway into the third because the whole "answering every question by raising 100 more", teasing thing they do, while great fun at the beginning, really started to get annoying.

I'm fed up now, quite frankly. I just want answers.

Ska

Yeah, I'm definitely a Lost fan! Sure they take one step forward and two back in terms of answers...but that's the way I like it. If this show made sense, it wouldn't be as good.

Last night's episode was average to me...just seemed like a finale of Season 3's finale. I think now that the freighter people have arrived, things will definitely get more interesting.

I read a pretty interesting theory that the Lost island(s) is actually a variation of Manhattan. The person that started the theory had very convincing ideas:

In Manhattan, on 4th, 8th, 15th, 16th, 23rd, & 42nd Streets are all parks. On 108th Street (including many others) is Central Park.

One of the parks is known for having polar bears.

The statue (seen by Sayid at the end of Season 2) is the foot of the Statue of Liberty (as for having 4 toes...I don't know).

During the Lost promo for Season 4, in the reflection of the water is not the Lost island mountains, but a city skyline...possibly of New York.
screen-1.jpg

There were a few other similarities, but these are the ones I remember.

Niteshade007

I've seen a few episodes but wouldn't consider myself a fan at all. I liked it in the beginning, but then stopped watching. Then my girlfriend got me to watch it again, but I got confused and thought the season had ended after one of the characters was shot and killed by that actress who was arrested for drunk driving. So I stopped watching only to find out that the season was still going on. Then I had a friend that got me to watch a couple more episodes, but by that point I had missed so much that I had to constantly ask him what was going on and who were those people, etc, that I just quit the show altogether. Really, it's not a good show for someone just to turn on one day and start watching. They're almost screwing themselves in that sense because you can't get any new viewers unless they buy the DVDs first, but people won't gain any interest in doing that if they don't care enough about the episode they watched last night.

yodazone

The premiere episode was great. Anybody figure out who the other 3 are of the "Oceanic Six" yet? The flash fowards to the future of the LOST characters have been awesome too. There must be even more hidden clues in season three since the bearded Jack looks to be the future version of the character....Post/after they leave the island.

:whip: :whip: :whip:

No Ticket

I have never watched an entire episode.

But I'm also the guy who didn't watch Friends until after the series ended to see what all the hub-bub over the finale was about.

yodazone

No Ticket said:
I have never watched an entire episode.

But I'm also the guy who didn't watch Friends until after the series ended to see what all the hub-bub over the finale was about.

2 very different shows. LOST is the one to watch over the other one.

(y) (y) (y)

Indy Smith

I like the fact that stories are always on going. I like the fact that the end of each episode you want to watch the next episode to find out whats going on. Lost is like the modern day variation of the serials of the 30's that Lucas liked. Every week you were left on a cliff hanger. The theory is that you don't wrap up each episode in a pretty little bow.

Lost is a show that hooked people from the start and got a lot of interest from the get go. So although numbers have been reduced It's still a good programme. I find it unusual how people complain about the format of the show. it's always as it has been. it's not like suddenly everything has just changed. You do get answers to some questions, but then more interesting things are revealed and more questions raised. It's not like The X-Files where you kind of never got the truth. The writers have said that you will find all of the answers eventually. However it will be drp fed to you and by the time the series has ended you will know the truth.

barranca

I like lost and am just happy to see where it takes us. I've given up hypothesising about it ( I wish I could do that elsewhere too ! ) I just hope I can trust them not to let me down at the end, or it all have been a huge waste of time. But I hope not.

Indy Smith

So say you enjoyed every episode apart from the last one, would you say you didn't enjoy the series? It's strange though how you can enjoy something and then the last moments do not leave you feeling satisfied it can ruin a film for you.

Arab Swordsman

yodazone said:
The premiere episode was great. Anybody figure out who the other 3 are of the "Oceanic Six" yet? The flash fowards to the future of the LOST characters have been awesome too. There must be even more hidden clues in season three since the bearded Jack looks to be the future version of the character....Post/after they leave the island.

:whip: :whip: :whip:

I would say that Claire and Aaron are two of the three because Desmond had a vision of them getting rescued in a helicopter. One could be Ben and that is the person Jack would have gone to see in the funeral parlor last year (who else would have known Ben since he was on the island most of his life?). I don't think it's Sawyer but I do think Kate had Sawyer's son right after she got off the island (her line about having to get home to "him").

This show will drive you nuts thinking about all the possibilities? :confused:

Also, did anyone see the trailers for the Lost game coming out at the end of this month? I've heard it's a short game but it looks cool.

JackBurton

I think I'm a Lost addict. Can't wait to see next Episode.

Anybody figure out who the other 3 are of the "Oceanic Six" yet?

Oceanic 6 - Jack, Kate, Hurley, Jin, Sun, Sayid

No Proof, just rumour.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I liked thursday's episode a lot. Somehow I was worried that after the phenomenal ending of last season and the long pause it would be tough to get back into the mood again. Yet another proof for what a fool I am. The moment Desmond came back to the beach and told the news about Charlie's hand-message I was back in my absolutely thrilling "oh that's exciting...what are they gonna do? ...is this for real? yeah tell them, Sayid! what? what the **** was that?! I can't believe what I just saw"-state of existence.

I love that the show makes me constantly question the reality of certain scenes or character. I love that

Arab Swordsman said:
This show will drive you nuts thinking about all the possibilities? :confused:

And I love how people all over the world meet on the internet to collectively interpret the footage they've just seen. That they collect metaphors and research them as if they were preparing a film analysis. Ok, often the analyses are rather ridiculous and Lost isn't a Stanley Kubrick film. Despite all scrutinizing, I find it great that the show makes people wonder wether the "Ho Hos" Hurley so prominently mentioned last episode and the letters H and O in front of which he's sitting in the nut house are connected and put in there deliberately because H is the 8th and H the 15th letter of the alphabet.
Again, this (and many other similar cases) may not (always) have the metaphorical depth of good literature ...but it's making people think about what they see and giving them an understanding that you compose a shot with a certain purpose and vision.

Oceanic 6 - Jack, Kate, Hurley, Jin, Sun, Sayid

No Proof, just rumour.

What the Arab Swordsman said (Claire and Aaron being part of Desmond's vision). I think someone at the aicn talkback claimed that it's quasi-official who the Oceanic six are, that it was mentioned in tv-guide and on numerous websites....

Arab Swordsman

torao said:
What the Arab Swordsman said (Claire and Aaron being part of Desmond's vision). I think someone at the aicn talkback claimed that it's quasi-official who the Oceanic six are, that it was mentioned in tv-guide and on numerous websites....

I'm totally trying to avoid spoilers for Lost now. I had the flash forward spoiled for me and it made the episode so much less enjoyable. I'm not reading any Lost message boards that have spoilers on them...just speculation threads!

Kingsley

SKAbatula said:
I read a pretty interesting theory that the Lost island(s) is actually a variation of Manhattan.
Nice...
I like the show... a lot.
But you can't enjoy it truly if you watch it all fragmented as Niteshade007 did.

If the deal is to end it in 2010, no matter what happens with ratings, there is a good chance to create a great piece of work that will stand as a reference in tv history.
Well, maybe I'm too biased :p

But it's a good "tv show", for sure.

The_Raiders

i used to besure and watch it everytime it came on, but one season things just got where I didn't like it so I don't watch it anymore.

Arab Swordsman

Ok, who saw tonight's episode? This keeps getting better and better. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I think I know who one of the next Oceanic 6 is just based on who has a flashback next week. I also think I know who is giving Ben his information about the people on the freighter. Let's discuss after everyone has watched!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I once speculated the others dragged the tail section out to sea with the submarine, but it turns out there's a whole plane down there. So, I'm baffled.

Kingsley

MORE questions... but that's part of the shows magic.

Lt. Upham seems to become a great character... the best one of the new 4 (y)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I thought last week's episode was damn good considering the fact that it introduced four new characters. The "Oh look what's beneath that Polar Bear skeleton" scene was that episode's cheesy low, though.

Watched THE ECONOMIST today. Oh, I love it when that show makes me shout out loud out of shock and disbelief.
Those flashforwards were just incredible.

Burke

I started watching it, but after a while I got the impression that the writers are just coming up with things as they go instead of refining the larger, "pre-determined" story.