Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

Nurhachi1991

Billy Ray said:
These reall look like typical Hasbro painted proto shots, like many of the Star Wars ones. I'm sure the final product will be much closer to what Shayford has in hand. Weird no mention (or images) of the tarantula "shawl" with Satipo or the pistol with the German Mechanic.

Regardless, I am stoked to finally get something official on this set and the pricing is just right! Now if they would confirm availability on HTS after the show...

Oh, and that stand with Indy is KILLER!

360650_Indiana_Jones_scaled_800.jpg

40656_Indy_german_outfit_scaled_800.jpg

40657_Marion_scaled_800.jpg

40658_german_mechanic_1_scaled_800.jpg

40658_german_mechanic_2.jpg

40659_toht_1_scaled_800.jpg

40659_toht_2.jpg

484860_Satipo_1_scaled_800.jpg

Do Fries go with that Shake???!?!?!

Rivers

They are not listed on HTS at all. Will they show up after SDCC? Also a link saying entertainment earth and Big bad toy store are selling them also has no trace of them.

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Do Fries go with that Shake???!?!?!

No, but you can get a torch with that snake.

Really liking the look of these figures. Melty Toht looks much better now.

Whether I'll manage to get them is another matter. Hasbro Toy Shop don't despatch outside of North America, and I'm not into using Ebay for pre-orders. Forbiddenplanet.co.uk & .com usually stock SDCC products, but there's no guarantee they'll get these.

ChromiumBlue37

Aren't they all just wonderful? I mean - really.
After seeing these figures 3 years ago and then the line getting cancelled. This is still unbeleivable to me.

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Really liking the look of these figures. Melty Toht looks much better now.

As discussed, these images look liked mock-ups or painted prototypes. Note the weird joints and funky paint apps (another clue - check out the sloppy paint job around Marion's knees.)

It is far, far more likely that the actual figures will look like the images Shayford provided, not these.

So if you didn't like Toht then....

Billy Ray

Rivers said:
They are not listed on HTS at all. Will they show up after SDCC? Also a link saying entertainment earth and Big bad toy store are selling them also has no trace of them.

Yeah, I wouldn't bother checking HTS (even though I did too ;) ) until at least SDCC starts. Where did you see a link for EE and BBTS having them?

Montana Smith

I emailed both forbiddenplanet.co.uk & forbiddenplanet.com this morning to ask if they planned on stocking the Lost Wave.

.co.uk already replied:

This is not something we have listed at present, but sometimes we do not know what SDCC items we are getting until the convention is over in August.

Please keep checking website as if we are going to stock this it will be listed very soon. I am sorry I was unable to give more specific information.

inky_skin

Montana Smith said:
I emailed both forbiddenplanet.co.uk & forbiddenplanet.com this morning to ask if they planned on stocking the Lost Wave.

.co.uk already replied:

Thanks for doing this on behalf of those on this side of the Atlantic. Judging by previous convention exclusives, might want to try play.com as well...

Montana Smith

inky_skin said:
Thanks for doing this on behalf of those on this side of the Atlantic. Judging by previous convention exclusives, might want to try play.com as well...

Good thinking, inky. I just rattled off the same email to them. Don't know why I didn't think about that earlier, as I received my Scooby-Doo Seasons 1 & 2 from them this morning!

FETT1

....THERE'S A no-brainer...figure stands...I REALLY WISH THESE WERE INCLUDED WITH every action figure line made...!!

:D

Billy Ray

Sweet! Digging the packaging and there is the "shawl" of tarantulas and Walther P-38 as well. So glad they are including stands with all the figures too. If I recall correctly, stands were supposed to replace the artifacts as the line continued.

One thing though...now that CNN is hyping these, I bet every scalper in the country is going to be after them!

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
Sweet! Digging the packaging and there is the "shawl" of tarantulas and Walther P-38 as well. So glad they are including stands with all the figures too. If I recall correctly, stands were supposed to replace the artifacts as the line continued.

On the one hand, I'm almost disappointed there aren't new relics (even though we always knew that was going to be the case.) But those stands look outstanding!!!

One thing though...now that CNN is hyping these, I bet every scalper in the country is going to be after them!

I don't think that'll make much real difference. The scalpers were always going to be out in force on this one and the vast majority of the intended market already knew. CNN mentioning them won't really alter demand much, I think.

michael

Well I think it's pretty awesome that out of ALL the stuff to look forward to at Comic Con, they featured Indy as a major thing to grab.

Montana Smith

Forbiddenplanet.com has now replied:

Thanks for your enquiry.

If we don't have it currently listed then we don't usually know until after the ComicCon as to whether the manufacturer is going to supply us as they usually save everything for that, initially!

We can only recommend keeping an eye on the site after it has passed on this occasion. :)

So, nothing definite there either.