Indy 2008 concept art?

Perhilion

Ok, I don't know if I'm crazy or what but I remember seeing a piece of concept art from the new game that showed Indy rapelling on a rope into some large underground area with two giant cherubim statues on either side of him (if anyone has this, plese post it). Anyway, I think this is very significant because in the bible Solomon's temple is described as having two 15-foot statues of cherubim facing eachother. And guess what's in between them? The Ark of the Covenant. Now, the original temple was destroyed, but maybe Indy finds the buried remains of it (after all, the official site does say that he visits the most holy land). The only question is what is he looking for? Maybe there is something related to King Solomon's mines.

JayDee

indy_2007_concept_1.jpg

Perhilion

Yes, thank you! Where'd you find that? Any way, it certainly does look like king Solomon has something to do with this one.

JayDee

No problem. Google led me to theindyexperience.com. In their video games section you can find all official screenshots and concept arts.

JayDee

So far we have maybe 3 locations then:
Africa, San Francisco, and the "Holy Land". And maybe China (because of the villains).

Perhilion

Hmm...looks lie there's some sort of structure up above. Also, you can see Hebrew(?) writing on the pillars.

UltimateManGod

Attila the Professor said:
Actually, King Sol's Mines already appeared as a level in Infernal Machine, so that seems less likely to me.

Indy games are not afraid to retread territory though and ignore prior circumstances. Take Emperor's Tomb for example. If I'm not mistaken, Indy enters Qin Shi Huang's tomb in Secret of the Sphinx a year before Emperor's Tomb takes place. He also seems to have no recollection of Wu Han from Dinosaur Eggs. Those two things have always bothered me.

Edit: But I don't think that those are King Solomon's Mines.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
UltimateManGod said:
Those two things have always bothered me.
You're not the only one...

There's an obvious canonical contradiction there. As I've been able to find no official info on which one's canon, I guess it's left for us fans to interpret. I personally prefer the books, simply because the lines in ToD about "Wu Han being an old friend" and "we've gone to many adventures together" make more sense that way. The opening at Club Obi Wan is just seriously off if Indy's Chinese friend is someone he met just couple of months earlier.

MattJones

Finn said:
You're not the only one...

There's an obvious canonical contradiction there. As I've been able to find no official info on which one's canon, I guess it's left for us fans to interpret. I personally prefer the books, simply because the lines in ToD about "Wu Han being an old friend" and "we've gone to many adventures together" make more sense that way. The opening at Club Obi Wan is just seriously off if Indy's Chinese friend is someone he met just couple of months earlier.

And besides: the Dragon Eggs book still reigns as one of my favorites. Gotta love Loki...

UltimateManGod

Finn said:

I prefer the books too. I've only read the McCoy novels and Peril at Delphi. In this case, they came before the game did. Somehow, I don't expect a massive, Star Wars style ret-con from Lucasfilm. Wu Han's situation could be done and it could turn out fine. The video game was wrong, and Indy was well aware of who Wu Han was. As for the tomb thing; I'm not touching that one. It could be done, but it would probably be really forced and feel quite wrong.

Edit: Dinosaur Eggs was the first Indy book I read, so it holds a special place for me. Loki was great, especially now that I have a dog. I didn't when I read the book.

MattJones

UltimateManGod said:
I prefer the books too. I've only read the McCoy novels and Peril at Delphi. In this case, they came before the game did. Somehow, I don't expect a massive, Star Wars style ret-con from Lucasfilm. Wu Han's situation could be done and it could turn out fine. The video game was wrong, and Indy was well aware of who Wu Han was. As for the tomb thing; I'm not touching that one. It could be done, but it would probably be really forced and feel quite wrong.

Edit: Dinosaur Eggs was the first Indy book I read, so it holds a special place for me. Loki was great, especially now that I have a dog. I didn't when I read the book.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure Dinosaur Eggs has the same hold on Cat People that it does on Dog People. ;)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of canonical contradictions, did Indy save "the cradle of civilization" (India) just so he could stomp the heck out if it? (I'm guessing it's an indian elephant based on ear size.)
kuva1_pieni.jpg

oki9Sedo

Moedred said:
Speaking of canonical contradictions, did Indy save "the cradle of civilization" (India) just so he could stomp the heck out if it?
kuva1_pieni.jpg

"He saved the cradle of civilization"....Jesus, talk about melodrama.

UltimateManGod

Moedred said:
Speaking of canonical contradictions, did Indy save "the cradle of civilization" (India) just so he could stomp the heck out if it?
kuva1_pieni.jpg

That scene may be in Africa because of the African elephants. They elephant art is pretty specific about it being an African elephant.

However, if that is India, then yes, Indy saved it so he could stomp the heck out of it instead of Mola Ram.

Perhilion

I know the official ET website has some. Plus, if you have it for PC you could probably extract the unlockable concept art from it.:hat: