No gun in Treasure of the Peacock's Eye

Raiders90

Was anyone a little dissapointed that Indy didn't think to a carry a gun in Treasure of the Peacock's Eye? I know he picks one up and gets into a gun fight but to go treasure hunting and not carry a gun to begin with is kind of silly. I mean his 'mentor' in adventuring, Fedora, was clearly packing heat in 1912.

Exulted Unicron

This was his first major treasure hunt since the War. I do admit, he was kinda stupid to go on a hunt without a gun, but maybe until he got there and had to deal with all the spies and other ruthless hunters, he felt he didn't need a gun because of the war.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Exulted Unicron said:
This was his first major treasure hunt since the War. I do admit, he was kinda stupid to go on a hunt without a gun, but maybe until he got there and had to deal with all the spies and other ruthless hunters, he felt he didn't need a gun because of the war.

Something along these lines, probably. After years of the trenches, tramping through the jungle, and spying everywhere from Berlin to Beersheba, what could be so dangerous about a little treasure hunt?

Exulted Unicron

it was also probably down to the fact he'd seen so many people kill and be killed around him, sometimes by his own hand, he didn't wanna touch a weapon again.

Goodeknight

Exulted Unicron said:
it was also probably down to the fact he'd seen so many people kill and be killed around him, sometimes by his own hand, he didn't wanna touch a weapon again.
I tend to think of the 'returning soldier' two different ways. Man in the Grey Flannel Suit comes home and wants to get back to normal life and forget about the war. Or Vietnam vet who can't let go. But in this case, even if Indy was trying to forget the war, if there was any hint that danger might be involved, I think he'd be quick to pack heat. He'd had more than his share of surprises and unexpected adventures already.

"Besides, you know what a cautious fellow I am."