Official Whip

IndyMcFly

Well... you put it on your belt... and you watch it rot away like Donovan. lol - that is, if you crack it enough times. Disney stuff isn't very good. That's why I'm getting rid of my hat as soon as I can. Well, I'm not getting rid of it, but I'll be getting a Keppler fedora and leaving the Disney hat as a display piece. I got it like... 2 years ago on a field trip to Disneyland. And I didn't have to pay for it... :D

In Christ,
Shane

Kate

So.... you basically just buy a superexpensive whip just to hang on your belt and get girls? Interesting. Though I must admit, if I met a guy with a fedora and a whip, I'd melt. Run, guys! kate's coming! :p

I

Indy's_main_man

Kate said:
I have a quick question, ya'll: What exactly do you do with an official Indy whip? Or is the answer not appropriate for this board? :p

Shame on you, kate. Your mind seems to be in the gutter again. dirty, dirty dirty minds. I think that quote tells us what YOU'd do with an official whip.

IndyMcFly

Kate said:
So.... you basically just buy a superexpensive whip just to hang on your belt and get girls? Interesting. Though I must admit, if I met a guy with a fedora and a whip, I'd melt. Run, guys! kate's coming! :p

Well, you don't just hang it on your belt... only when you're not using it. You should learn to crack it, you know. And that's not as simple as it sounds... one guy took his ear off, and he was skilled! It's a tough business, crackin' whips.

In Christ,
Shane

Last edited:

IndyMcFly

Oh, I don't doubt it! I hit myself in the back of the neck the other day, and I'm lucky I didn't draw blood or even get a mark... but my neck looked pretty darn red for a good 5 minutes. lol

In Christ,
Shane

I

Indy's_main_man

Unless of course you're putting it in a wall display or for some reason just want something that looks good.

IndyMcFly

Yeah, but usually if you do that, the whip is going to rot and fall apart... it needs air, some Pecards leather dressing once in a while, and of course a bit of use. But cheap is not worth it... because you can't buy a kangaroo hide bullwhip for cheap! And a kangaroo hide whip is the only one that looks authentic. Mine is cowhide... look at it! (Note: This is not a Disney whip, but a whip made by Mr. Lee Keppler, at www.adventure-supply.com)

0a9864bc.jpg

7e3e6d33.jpg

In Christ,
Shane

IndyMcFly

Works like a charm.
af8e3e66.gif
Not bad for a hundred bucks! It's my first "good" whip, and I really like it. I didn't want to get a really great whip yet, because I wasn't sure I knew how to care for a bullwhip. I'm still learning.
fe5e265b.gif

In Christ,
Shane

IndyMcFly

Renderking,
Yes, it is black... and unfortunately, as of this moment, I do not have any photos of myself cracking it. However, if the weather permits, and if my sister will come outside and hold the camera... *grin* I'll be back!
In Christ,
Shane

I

Indy's_main_man

I may go in that direction as apposed to a david morgan whip.
I don't need the absolute best, just a beginner;s whip. My mexico one is in okay condition but I use it too much and it's falling apart. I just need one that won't fall apart and will last long.

IndyMcFly

Pics of my with my whip...

I had to get all Indy-ed out to do this... This is the current extent of my Indy gear. lol - remember I'm just starting my quest!

23015839.jpg

360d067d.jpg

f2f24a9b.jpg

72322d6a.jpg

In Christ,
Shane

Pale Horse

Staff member
Re: Pics of my with my whip...

IndyMcFly said:
I had to get all Indy-ed out to do this... This is the current extent of my Indy gear. lol - remember I'm just starting my quest!

In Christ,
Shane

BTW: that looks like Fountain Valley, or Garden Grove...older O.C.; am I close?

IndyMcFly

Re: Re: Pics of my with my whip...

Pale Horse said:
that looks like Fountain Valley, or Garden Grove...older O.C.; am I close?

Actually, I live in La Habra. I don't know if you know where that is... nearby Brea, and Fullerton. But it's still Orange County. I'm closer to you than you think. Muahaha!

In Christ,
Shane

Pale Horse

Staff member
Re: Re: Re: Pics of my with my whip...

IndyMcFly said:
Actually, I live in La Habra. I don't know if you know where that is... nearby Brea, and Fullerton. But it's still Orange County. I'm closer to you than you think. Muahaha!

In Christ,
Shane

off by 22 mi. dagnabit. I am currently at UCR. Okay, I am sorry. I should have pm'd this, back to topic.

I

Indy's_main_man

At least it's a handsome face....nice to know standards aren't THAT low

Not that it's really what one looks like

Molorom

uhh....

Well...
The keppler whip is ok i guess. I have never seen one in person so I cant make quick statments. But from looking at thoes pictures i can tell you a few things. The keppler whip does not have a constant taper. The handle is large, and as soon as the thong of the whip leaves the handle area it becomes a small 4 plait all the way down to the tip of the whip. Because the keppler whip does not have a constant taper from the handle to the tip (end of the whip) it is much harder to crack. It would be much better if you bought a EC whip even though the keppler is ok. The EC has better handling and wheight and will crack easier.
Adam