Films that made you cry?

Major Eaton

A River Runs Through It
Band of Brothers (at the end of "Points")
Up
Schindlers List
E.T.
The Shawshank Redemption
The Phantom Menace
Legends of the Fall

That's all, really.:)whip::eek:)

bennihana123

Mainly Pixar movies, which is ironic I suppose.

The beginning of UP, oh god how depressing.

End of Toy Story 3- I grew up along with the movies so I had a very close connection to the characters. Sounds cheesy I know.

XanaduEli

I have decided to start using spoiler tags, jut so I don't ruin the movie for people.

I watched Jaws for my most recent English essay...
I cried when Quint and the little boy on the lilo died.:eek:

I also bawled my eyes off watching The Others when
they found out that they were dead all along..It is so sad.

I also did an essay on The Others Back in second year.( I am in third year now)

YouNeverKnow

Wall-E
Toy Story 3
Ratatouille
Up
Big Fish
The Life Aquatic
The Princess and the Frog
Pan's Labyrinth

That's all I can think of. I would say it's weird that they are mostly Pixar movies, but I think that just attests to the genius of those movies. Another shoutout goes to The Fountain. While I didn't cry exactly, the catharsis of the third act of that movie is breathtaking. The music comes in and hits you just right. Same with The Life Aquatic I suppose.

Oh and Return of the King. Man. Drains me emotionally.

Gear

Micheal Scott: Look, Dwight here is a wuss. When we rented "Armageddon"--

Dwight Schrute: Aw, Micheal, please! You said you wouldn't tell anyone!

Michael: He cried at the end of it. *bursts into snickering*

Dwight: Michael, I told you! It was because it was New Year's Eve and it started to snow at exactly midnight!

Michael: 'Oh, are they really gonna leave Bruce Willis on the asteroid? Boo-hoo!'

Pale Horse said:
Whoops, wrong thread.... :p

10 characters.

shazamtd

The only movie that has ever made me cry is E.T.

I was seven years old when it first came out and I remember I got to see it twice. I bawled both times.

To this day it's the only movie that makes me cry. :(

kongisking

What the hell is wrong with me? How could I forget King Kong (both the classic and 2005 versions)? The 2005 version especially gets me when Denham looks at the body of Kong, and, as Phillipa Boyens said in the Extended Edition commentary, you can see the recognition in his eyes, the realization that he is responsible for the thoughtless death of this noble beast. James Newton Howard's score as we fade out is utterly heartbreaking. I've got a lump in my throat just thinking about it. Waaaaahhhhh!

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
What the hell is wrong with me? How could I forget King Kong (both the classic and 2005 versions)? The 2005 version especially gets me when Denham looks at the body of Kong, and, as Phillipa Boyens said in the Extended Edition commentary, you can see the recognition in his eyes, the realization that he is responsible for the thoughtless death of this noble beast. James Newton Howard's score as we fade out is utterly heartbreaking. I've got a lump in my throat just thinking about it. Waaaaahhhhh!

The look in Kong's eyes as he gives up life and slips off the building always gets me.

JP Jones

Montana Smith said:
The look in Kong's eyes as he gives up life and slips off the building always gets me.
When I was small, I would'nt even finish the original because I thought it would be WAY too sad. It wasn't until I saw it on T.V. later that I actually saw the whole thing. Both Kongs (Original and 05) really force you to say to yourself "It's just a movie, It's just a movie."

avidfilmbuff

Ikiru, directed by Akira Kurosawa. Hell, just watching the trailer will make you cry.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lc4y-asVh3c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lc4y-asVh3c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

XanaduEli

I cried SO hard last night at "Spirited Away"

I also cried when I watched "All quiet on the western front" with my friends last Saturday. :eek:

Sharkey

I'm not saying I cried, but there was that episode of The Muppet Show when Kermit fired Piggy. It was the most conflicted ending since Raiders. Kermit was almost free of that glory hog.

Movie?

American Psycho...no other movie gets me like that one.

kongisking

Pale Horse said:
~wryly...Amy Adams wasn't in that flick...or is that why you cried? :p :hat:

69254596v1_480x480_Front.jpg

:p