Hiya Everyone!

Methos

Just wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation for this forum and introduce myself. I've been an Indy fan since day one, way back on the opening day of ROTL in '81 (back when I was 9 years old, very nearly 10, as my b-day's falls on the 30th of June). I loved the film so dearly that I made my Mum take me to repeated viewings throughout that summer and the following summer, following its re-release.

By the time TOD came around, I had thrown together my first Indy outfit for Halloween, complete with TOD Stetson fedora, 12ft. bullwhip and a fairly close fit for Indy's bag, boots, pants and shirt (my khaki Boy Scout shirt with epaulettes and all). I scrounged everywhere and picked up every little Indy related item I could find back then and it would be years till I found each and every issue of Marvel's Indy comics.

Fast forward to 1989 and I wore my trusty Stetson, a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren specs that fairly approximated Indy's, along with a '30s looking tie and vest ensemble, whilst taking, what I think, was my last High School senior exam on the opening day of LC. I saw that one countless time throughout that summer too (as I'm sure a good many of us did). Then came all those years, throught the '90s and early '00s of more books, comics and video games, which barely quenched our thirst for the cinematic return of "The Man with The Hat".

Which brings us to this summer, eighteen years after the last film, with a new film in the works as I type this...and I'm still every bit as obsessed with Indy and happily eager to revel in that obsession with all of ya here for a long while to come!!:hat:

Methos

Thanks for the welcome Eric!:D Sadly I'm not even sure if half the gear would fit me properly any more.:eek: I haven't worn my full-on gear in a few years. Yet, I tried on my TOD Stetson just a few moments ago and found that it seemed to have a much snugger fit than it used to. Which is really odd, given that my hair's cut to nearly military standards of length (buzzed with a No.3 clip adjustment, from the temples down). Mind ya, I imagine my head's grown since I was 13. Yet, it bugged me that the fedora fit so snuggly. It was very nearly uncomfortable actually.:( I might be able to dig out a pic, from when I was 13 or so and I'll gladly take pics of my psuedo-gear. Though, I'm eager to put together a fully authentic outfit before the premiere of the new film!:D

No Ticket

Welcome there Methos!! I don't have a full-on costume yet but my brother does I think. I know he has the jacket (I know it's the one made by the same company that did it for the Raiders film or maybe the whole trilogy, not 100% sure), hat and whip at least.

I'd like to see the photos too!

Methos

Thank ya for the welcome No Ticket!:D I'm gonna have to dig for an old pic of me in my gear. Yet, I took some pics of what I've got to show ya. I've had all of these things, except for the gloves, since I was 13. I didn't bother photographing my brown leather bomber jacket, shirt and pants, since they're fairly unremarkable. I've no idea what ever happened to my old Boy Scout shirt. Though there's no way, no how that it would fit me these days!:p I'm eager to get accurate replicas of Indy's gear before the next film's premiere. I oughta be whipped for the dreadful condition of my whip.:eek: Yet, for now, here's what I've got.:hat:

IndyGear1.jpg

IndyGear2.jpg

IndyGear4.jpg

IndyGear5.jpg

IndyGear7.jpg

IndyGear3.jpg

IndyGear6.jpg

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Welcome. The shoes look OK but the rest of the gear is pretty mediocre, especially the whip. Comparison shot with mine:

IndyGear7.jpg

gear_ruoska_pysty.jpg

Methos

Niteshade007 said:
Welcome!

And I think I have that hat. Did you get at MGM?

Thanks for the welcome Niteshade007!:D The hat was actually a Christmas gift I begged for, back in 1984. It was purchased back then at a Belk Lindsey's (which I'm pretty sure is now defunct), right here in Orlando, Florida. My recollection is that it was priced at around $80 back then. I'm no economist but methinks $80 stretched a whole lot more back in 1984, as opposed to today.

I've seen the hats at Disney MGM and I'm likely to pick one up for day to day usual wear. Yet, I've never seen one there quite like mine. It's beaver fur felt and the brilliant thing is that ya can bunch it up like a ball in your hands and it'll spring right back into shape. I obviously haven't worn it all that often, thus it's held up pretty well for 23 years.:)

Methos

VP said:
Welcome. The shoes look OK but the rest of the gear is pretty mediocre, especially the whip. Comparison shot with mine:

IndyGear7.jpg

gear_ruoska_pysty.jpg

Thanks for the welcome VP!:D I'm fully aware that all of my gear, with the exception of the hat and boots, are fairly inaccurate. Yet, you've gotta bear in mind that all of my gear was obtained in 1984. Ya couldn't just pop online or walk into a shop and buy a David Morgan whip back in 1984. As it is, I considered myself lucky enough to have found my 12ft. whip at a local country/western store back then. I used to practice with it, in my parent's driveway on a daily basis back in my early teens. Since then, it's obviously fallen into sad disuse and relegated to costume parties and Halloween.:eek:

The boots were hand-me-downs from my Dad and I was fairly surprised that they're a passable match for a pair of Alden 405's that've been worn over the course of nearly 30 years (I've worn them for 23 years myself). My bag's also a passable match for a MK VI or MK VII bag, but it's in dire need of a proper leather strap, to accurately match the films. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!:)

Your whip's absolutely gorgeous and I'm keen to replace mine with a 10 to 12 footer like yours by May.:D

Niteshade007

Methos said:
Thanks for the welcome Niteshade007!:D The hat was actually a Christmas gift I begged for, back in 1984. It was purchased back then at a Belk Lindsey's (which I'm pretty sure is now defunct), right here in Orlando, Florida. My recollection is that it was priced at around $80 back then. I'm no economist but methinks $80 stretched a whole lot more back in 1984, as opposed to today.

I've seen the hats at Disney MGM and I'm likely to pick one up for day to day usual wear. Yet, I've never seen one there quite like mine. It's beaver fur felt and the brilliant thing is that ya can bunch it up like a ball in your hands and it'll spring right back into shape. I obviously haven't worn it all that often, thus it's held up pretty well for 23 years.:)

My dad's (well, now technically mine, I suppose) is from MGM. I saw that you were from Orlando, so I thought it might be possible. I never wear mine, except once at Halloween. But it is cool to have just to have, I suppose.