Indiana Jones Character Key

metalinvader

This thing will be handed out to the attendees of the Indiana Jones Lucasfilm licensing summit.Pretty cool sneak peek!

29820244676.jpg

Last edited:

|ZiR|

Sorry, I'm particularly thick tonight and my Google-fu is failing me. So I have to ask: just what is the Indiana Jones Lucasfilm licensing summit?

It's to do with marketing, right? Stuff like merchandising.

Thanks for the pic. Though I'm not sure what it's for, I do like it.

So what exactly is a character key? Is it an animator's reference/benchmark?

I guess we can't consider it a hint dropped as to an animated series.

Need to add the bottle as a weapon...

EddyW

Normally, in an animated production, they make a modelsheet with color references and poses etc. for all the animators to use and make sure everybody is drawing the same character. Usually a stack of 10, 20 sheets or more, whatever is needed to lock every idea about the character in a document. These characterkeys simplify this idea into a piece of artwork you can hang on your wall, with a little bit of everything. I don't think this is a hint towards a possible animated Indy, the first key was released early 2008 I believe.

EddyW said:
Normally, in an animated production, they make a modelsheet with color references and poses etc. for all the animators to use and make sure everybody is drawing the same character. Usually a stack of 10, 20 sheets or more, whatever is needed to lock every idea about the character in a document. These characterkeys simplify this idea into a piece of artwork you can hang on your wall, with a little bit of everything. I don't think this is a hint towards a possible animated Indy, the first key was released early 2008 I believe.

No animated series - just cool artwork from Acme Archives. They've done it for other properties in the past. The previous 2 are Indy and Short Round.