DK Ultimate Guide

Adamwankenobi

I spotted Indy's binoculars he got from Theodore Roosevelt in YIJC. Problem is, he gave those to his African friend at the end of that episode. :rolleyes: (n)

Dr.Sartorius

Adamwankenobi said:
I spotted Indy's binoculars he got from Theodore Roosevelt in YIJC. Problem is, he gave those to his African friend at the end of that episode. :rolleyes: (n)

Maybe he met up with the African friend later on and got them back. :hat:

TalonCard

Adamwankenobi said:

Actually, the binoculars call-out is very carefully written. It says "Indy's first pair of binoculars belonged to Theodore Roosevelt." It doesn't actually say that they're the same ones--probably because the author wanted to name-drop Teddy while not contradicting the YIJC for those in the know. :D (y)

I see too that Indy recieved a beaker from Madam Curie as a gift...didn't he meet her in one of the European Young Indy books?

TC

Lao_Che

It's interesting that the Mystery of the Blue's bookends aren't referenced. Anything with Ford as Jones seemed like a sure thing.

ultraman7k

we got this book in at work yesterday, ( i work in a bookstore) and it doesn't release until the 22nd, unless the bookstore wants to be slapped with a hefty fine. that being said, i got a healthy look at it.

ultraman7k

weird...wonder if it's some sort of Canadian strict on sale date...I'll have to double check that tomorrow.

Anyways, there isn't a whole lot on KOTCS, which makes me wonder if they will release a newer edition in the future.

Stoo

TalonCard said:
Actually, the binoculars call-out is very carefully written. It says "Indy's first pair of binoculars belonged to Theodore Roosevelt." It doesn't actually say that they're the same ones--probably because the author wanted to name-drop Teddy while not contradicting the YIJC for those in the know. :D (y)

I see too that Indy recieved a beaker from Madam Curie as a gift...didn't he meet her in one of the European Young Indy books?
That's precisely my take on it, too. Then again, Indy gave Meto only the binoculars and not the case.
(Even though we never actually see one, it's certainly possilbe that Teddy gave him it him the next day.);)

Yes, Marie Curie is in "L'Ampoule Radioactive/Radioactive Bulb". This book really reaches into the far corners of Indy-lore. Wow!
Lao Che said:
It's interesting that the Mystery of the Blue's bookends aren't referenced. Anything with Ford as Jones seemed like a sure thing.
"Interesting"? It's downright INFURIATING! As Young Indy said, "I am incandescent with rage!":mad:

iLUVINDY

For those waiting for there:

Ultimate Guide: (Collectors Edition) from Indianajonesshop.com thats not going to release until august....

I just recieved an email saying they had shipped mine.... looks like they are shipping some before august!!!!!!!

The Tingler

For some reason our major bookstores in Oxford (Borders and Waterstones) didn't have any copies, but our lesser shop WHSmith had loads of Indy books! Including novelisations of the first three films AND the Complete Adventures!

As for the Ultimate Guide, I was really surprised that Fate of Atlantis barely got a mention, considering it's a game and comic!

G-Man

iLUVINDY said:
Is there anything different from the regular and collectors edition in the context of the book???
I've not seen the regular edition, but my guess is that the regular version is the first section of the collectors edition. Then the collectors version has the cut-aways repeated, with tracing paper overlays, and an envelope at the back with six art photos, which I think are the same six in each collectors edition... So I don't think they is any extra info in the collectors edition...

Also, the cover is less like faux leather, more like rubber!

TalonCard

Stoo said:
Yes, Marie Curie is in "L'Ampoule Radioactive/Radioactive Bulb". This book really reaches into the far corners of Indy-lore. Wow!

Does Madam Curie give him a beaker in the book as well?

The Tingler said:
As for the Ultimate Guide, I was really surprised that Fate of Atlantis barely got a mention, considering it's a game and comic!

It seems like Luceno is putting the better-known sources on the back burner, and making references to more obscure ones. Fine by me!

TC