Where are pix of the Unproduced Raiders Wave?

phantom train

Exulted Unicron said:
I'm hoping that there might be enough of a fandom for Indy next year for Raiders 30th that we might be lucky enough to see these released. Maybe its a pipe dream, but who knows?

It's a long shot, but I would also love to see these released next year to coincide with the 30th anniversary of ROTLA. This would work best as a boxed set - maybe as a retail exclusive or a comic book store/Diamond exclusive?!

I'd also like the extremely difficult to find TOD figures (from 2008) re-released in a similar way - a boxed set of these would be nice as well.

UIMJ

phantom train said:
I'd also like the extremely difficult to find TOD figures (from 2008) re-released in a similar way - a boxed set of these would be nice as well.

I've got that entire set in triplicate and I still would've bought it again if Target would've released a rope bridge cinema scene the way they did with Raiders, Crusade and Skull.

Lance Quazar

Hey, gang. I was asked to post these by (new?) member madelman2001.

Behold, a PAINTED set of prototypes!!! Whoo hoo, great job Madelman!!!

protopaint1.jpg

protopaint2.jpg

Montana Smith

Those look fantastic. The painting really brings out the great sculpts. The Mechanic even looks like he's got a broken nose.

Makes it even more frustrating that we never got to see them go into production.

ChromiumBlue37

They look really nice!

So glad I was able to land a German Mechanic prototype figure. It was my Christmas present, "from me to me".
LOL!

Lance Quazar

ChromiumBlue37 said:
They look really nice!

So glad I was able to land a German Mechanic prototype figure. It was my Christmas present, "from me to me".
LOL!

Really? That's great. Where'd you get it? Let's see some pics!!!

Montana Smith

ChromiumBlue37 said:

Lance Quazar said:
Really? That's great. Where'd you get it? Let's see some pics!!!

Normally I would ask if she had a sister, but in this case, ChromiumBlue37, does your German Mechanic have a brother or two? ;)

inky_skin

ChromiumBlue37 said:
In that case I will work on some pictures right now.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures ChromiumBlue37. I have a Toht proto, but the German Mechanic would be my first choice.

As for those shots of the painted prototypes - part of me is thrilled to see what production versions might look like - but part of me is horrified that someone would do that :eek: Also - Satipo looks like he still needs his arms / jacket painting.

Montana Smith

inky_skin said:
As for those shots of the painted prototypes - part of me is thrilled to see what production versions might look like - but part of me is horrified that someone would do that :eek:

I understand what you mean. The prototypes are rare artifacts. So in one respect it would be like repainting Tutankhamun's death mask a different colour scheme.

On the other hand, I've given up the concept of buying mint-in-packet figures, because I like to display models more naturally. So, the idea of a prototype as a rare artifact is less of an attraction as having a displayable figure in a diorama.

It's a tough call, and because I'm never likely to get my hands on one (because I wouldn't pay a high premium for an 'artifact'), it's not a call I'll ever have to trouble over.

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Okay. Here is the prototype German Mechanic, as promised!

It's a fine sculpt throughout. And I like your Egyptology museum.

All he needs now is painting! ;)

ChromiumBlue37

He is a real treasure, let me tell you. I will have to find a suitable way to display him away from dust and light - maybe a display case. He also needs a stand/base, because he does not stand up on his own at all, (hence the crate at his boots for support) .

The good thing about this prototype are the colors. The German Mechanic sports a natural deco as it is, so I can get away with him not being painted.

ChromiumBlue37

Thanks, Montana!

Yeah, I have archaeology in my blood, just like Indy. My passion, of course, if for Egyptology. My Egyptian-themed collection is as massive as my Indy collection.