Happy Thanksgiving Raveners!

The_Raiders

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I gotta get up bright and early to go to my step moms sisters house with her huge family... ooh boy :dead:

The Drifter

Who here likes ham more than turkey on Thanksgiving? I do, I like it alot more.
We are having both tomorrow and I can't wait.

The_Raiders

Acually last year my real mom made crab legs and a whole bunch of other sea food. But she's in Alaska so I I missed out on that. :(

Goonie

Goonie said:
Happy Thanksgiving USA Raveners!
Be careful when you shop tomorrow.

bush-turkey.jpg

I'll just repeat my quote from last year:
Be careful when you shop on Friday. (y)

The Drifter

The_Raiders said:
Acually last year my real mom made crab legs and a whole bunch of other sea food. But she's in Alaska so I I missed out on that. :(

Now THAT sounds good!

Goonie said:
I'll just repeat my quote from last year:
Be careful when you shop on Friday.

Thanks!

DocWhiskey

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Who here likes ham more than turkey on Thanksgiving? I do, I like it alot more.
We are having both tomorrow and I can't wait.

Awesome. Ham is much better than turkey in my opinion. I've eaten plenty of turkey, but it's always a bit bland to me.

Anyway, have a safe and healthy Thanksgiving everyone.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
<small>*Prepares for a smarmy rant of Thanksgiving not being a big thing outside the...*</small>

Eh, what the hell. Enjoy it.

Haha! Reminds me of Giles in Buffy when he makes his comments about Americans still being 'colonials'.

I remember when I was in infant school harvest festivals were a big thing. It seemed to be the done thing to bring in unwanted food (not out of date food!) and go round delivering it to local old people. I'm a bit out of touch now, so I don't know if that tradition still persists. It would be funny, though, to go up somebody's driveway, past their Rolls Royce, and deliver a cheap can of beans!

The idea of thanksgiving sounds like a warm and friendly get together, so any excuse for good food and good company is a good one! :)

Stoo

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Yo Gabba Gabba, hey!
The Ramones!
Goonie said:
Yes, and a belated one to all Canadian Ravenheads.;)
Montana Smith said:
Haha! Reminds me of Giles in Buffy when he makes his comments about Americans still being 'colonials'.
Do you mean to say that they're no longer colonials? Oh, that's right! Some years ago, they rejected their mother.:p

In honour of American Thanksgiving, here's the turkey from the "Peking, March 1910" bookends of Young Indy. Mmmmm...

Peking_Turkey.jpg

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Do you mean to say that they're no longer colonials? Oh, that's right! Some years ago, they rejected their mother.:p

The American Revolution: the victory of the British middle class over the British aristocracy! Yippee! Up, the revolution! :D

So you have Thanksgiving in Canada, too? I'm finding that The Raven is even more educational than Sesame Street. (I like that Cookie Monster is only having cookies in Rocket's Big Bird turkey picture above).

You know, you Canadians are still colonials as well... :p

Little Indy

Just got back from Turkey Bowl. Not to shabby, I thought I was going to need a stretcher to get off the field, but I felt better then I anticipated. Happy Thanksgiving!! Bring on the stuffing.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
The American Revolution: the victory of the British middle class over the British aristocracy! Yippee! Up, the revolution! :D

So you have Thanksgiving in Canada, too? I'm finding that The Raven is even more educational than Sesame Street. (I like that Cookie Monster is only having cookies in Rocket's Big Bird turkey picture above).

You know, you Canadians are still colonials as well... :p
Indeed we are.;) The queen is on the money and our Grenadier Guards, "spanking in red", stand fast at the gates to parliament. THE SUN NEVER SETS!(y) (As my profile photo will attest.:p)

Yes, we have Thanksgiving, too, but because it gets cold earlier the harvest/celebration comes sooner. (Obligatory Sesame Street reference: Today's episode was brought to you by the letter, "T".)
Little Indy said:
Just got back from Turkey Bowl. Not to shabby, I thought I was going to need a stretcher to get off the field, but I felt better then I anticipated. Happy Thanksgiving!! Bring on the stuffing.
Mmm...yummy. As a kid I never ate stuffing but when I finally tried it and realized how delicious it was, copious amounts would be loaded on my plate of to make up for all the lost opportunities! Yes, bring it on! Hope you had a good one.:)

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Indeed we are.;) The queen is on the money and our Grenadier Guards, "spanking in red", stand fast at the gates to parliament. THE SUN NEVER SETS!(y) (As my profile photo will attest.:p)

..."spanking in red", is that what they mean when they say a Mountie always gets his man? I didn't know you had Grenadier Guards, too. Want a second hand queen, slightly used, to go with them?

Ray Mears' BBC series on Canada has just finished - about the early explorers who opened up the country, their bushcraft, and the bushcraft of the 'first nations' people. An amazing country, with more forest than the Amazon! Switzerland isn't too shabby either - lucky ol' Stoo. :hat:

Stoo

Stuffed myself with turkey & mashed potatoes tonight. Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Canadian Ravenheads.:hat:

Goonie

Stoo said:
Stuffed myself with turkey & mashed potatoes tonight. Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Canadian Ravenheads.:hat:

Happy belated Thanksgiving. I didn't have any turkey dinner yet :( , it's postponed until Friday. :D

The Drifter

Have a happy Thanksgiving my fellow (American) Raveners!

rka4as.png

Edit: I just noticed that Captain Blumburtt is flipping the bird at the "bird" in my picture!

Saber79

You too, a very happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...

Love the Capt Blumbert with the indian head dress...classic!

michael

I like Thanksgiving, I really do. But man turkey is such a tasteless meat. Maybe I've just never had a really decent cooked one? I mean sure they can be moist, but at the end of the day, all the other sides are what it's about. And oh yeah, family and such.